Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2015 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
I need some great animes to watch, kinda getting into romance animes but i wanna see a male main character who isn't afraid of females and gets the girl he wants. I guess confident like my man Arata from Trinity seven cause he himself is hilarious. I'd also like something with a lot of action or over the top fighting scenes like black lagoon or Witch craft works. And if possible in a modern setting, like durarara or any of the previous shows I've mentioned. Kiseijuu is pretty awesome but check my list please so you don't put anything I've already seen.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AceTheKidd

Jan 31, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
okay.

Action:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei<---futuristic tho
FLCL<----tip: dont try to understand it. your not supposed to.
Higashi no Eden<----MC & story is cool man.
Hataraku Maou-sama!<---little bit of action but its there

No action:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu<---keep an open mind when you watch this. its worth it once you've experienced the whole thing.
Nagi no Asukara<----not action but still very good
Bakemonogatari<----If you dont mind insane amount of dialogue then ull enjoy this. action is there but its not often

Just to name a few
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jan 31, 2015 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
Thank you for the suggestion and I love great dialogue and out of the box animes

Jan 31, 2015 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
I saw devil is a part timer and it was awesome lol

Jan 31, 2015 7:30 PM

Oct 2013
AceTheKidd said:
Thank you for the suggestion and I love great dialogue and out of the box animes

Bakemonogatari is for you. it runs on dialogue and weird shit. its a huge series too. more n more sepuels STILL coming out.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jan 31, 2015 7:30 PM

Oct 2013
AceTheKidd said:

yeah it was pretty hilarious.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jan 31, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2008
Tokyo Ravens. It'll start in a countryside area but after a couple episodes the crew moves into a city area for the rest of the show. Romance is there but not the main point but enough.

opening
PaulJan 31, 2015 7:35 PM
Jan 31, 2015 7:33 PM

Oct 2013
You havnt seen STEINS;GATE!!??? WATCH THAT NOW!!!

Its more drama n mystery tho. sci-fi shit but modern setting.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jan 31, 2015 7:37 PM

Sep 2012
Macross Frontier
Bakuman
Aquarion Evol
Maria Nikki
Guilty Crown

These were some of my personal favorites; Macross Frontier, Aquarion Evol, and Guilty Crown are all Romance & Action. Marai Nikki is Romance & Action + Horror. Bakuman is only Romance however the story and characters are captivating.
ShaneJan 31, 2015 7:41 PM
Feb 3, 2015 1:05 AM

Dec 2012
daAmazinFatB0y said:
AceTheKidd said:

First off your suggestions for Nagi no Asukara and Eden of the east were on point!!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for in Eden, literally just finished it, and watching the storyline develope for Nagi was amazing and I felt for the characters.

Feb 3, 2015 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
Paul said:
Tokyo Ravens. It'll start in a countryside area but after a couple episodes the crew moves into a city area for the rest of the show. Romance is there but not the main point but enough.

opening
I'll definitely check it out thanks

Feb 3, 2015 1:07 AM

Dec 2012
ShaneM said:
Macross Frontier
Bakuman
Aquarion Evol
Maria Nikki
Guilty Crown

These were some of my personal favorites; Macross Frontier, Aquarion Evol, and Guilty Crown are all Romance & Action. Marai Nikki is Romance & Action + Horror. Bakuman is only Romance however the story and characters are captivating.
I've seen guilty crown it was pretty good but I'll definitely check out the others

Feb 3, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
daAmazinFatB0y said:

I started it cause I heard it was the follow up from chaos;head but I didn't watch much, I'll start it over

Feb 3, 2015 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
If you guys have any comedies like angel beats where they make jokes on obvious character themes, kinda what I mean is just really witty comedy where you don't expect the anime to use this joke. Idk you have I have seen it almost as if it was "too" real life of a joke like "that's something I would've said" kinda joke. Other than that I'm really in black lagoon, Golgi 13, darker than black, and akame ga kill, basically actions animes with that maturity I guess any suggestions on those, I prefer the newer "HD" looking animes if possible lmaoo

Feb 3, 2015 1:18 AM
Nov 2010
AceTheKidd said:
If you guys have any comedies like angel beats where they make jokes on obvious character themes, kinda what I mean is just really witty comedy where you don't expect the anime to use this joke. Idk you have I have seen it almost as if it was "too" real life of a joke like "that's something I would've said" kinda joke.

Then you gotta watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. (I didn't really find Angel Beats funny, though.)

Other recs:
Hayate no Gotoku
School Rumble
Feb 3, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
AceTheKidd said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

I started it cause I heard it was the follow up from chaos;head but I didn't watch much, I'll start it over
AceTheKidd said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

First off your suggestions for Nagi no Asukara and Eden of the east were on point!!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for in Eden, literally just finished it, and watching the storyline develope for Nagi was amazing and I felt for the characters.

Glad you enjoyed em. there freakin awesome. did you watch the movies for Eden? they continue the storyline.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Feb 3, 2015 9:15 PM

Dec 2014
Clannad and Clannad After Story is a MUST WATCH if you're looking for romance.
Feb 3, 2015 10:57 PM

Oct 2014
AceTheKidd said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Ha, it's not a sequel to it or anything. It's just set in an alternative setting, but it has nothing to do with Steins;Gate.
Feb 5, 2015 4:51 AM

Dec 2012
daAmazinFatB0y said:
AceTheKidd said:
AceTheKidd said:

Glad you enjoyed em. there freakin awesome. did you watch the movies for Eden? they continue the storyline.
daAmazinFatB0y said:
AceTheKidd said:
AceTheKidd said:

I've seen everything you recommended besides suzumiya, they were all amazing tatsuya is the man! And dual pistols has been my favorite since my first anime with guns Shilabane Hime, any other recs like these please you were fucking spot on!!!

Feb 5, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2012
Ardnozel said:
eplipswich said:
AceTheKidd said:
If you guys have any comedies like angel beats where they make jokes on obvious character themes, kinda what I mean is just really witty comedy where you don't expect the anime to use this joke. Idk you have I have seen it almost as if it was "too" real life of a joke like "that's something I would've said" kinda joke.

Then you gotta watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. (I didn't really find Angel Beats funny, though.)

Other recs:
Hayate no Gotoku
School Rumble
well I watched angel beats dubbed and it's the only anime I like dubbed so the jokes were probably different. But I'll definitely check these out

Feb 5, 2015 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
Ardnozel said:
That's awesome I'll definitely check it out thanks so much, and if you could check my anime list and recommend animes you think id like from there

Feb 5, 2015 6:55 AM

Oct 2014
Try Full Metal Panic - not heavy on the romance though.
Feb 5, 2015 3:18 PM

Dec 2012
And btw I hate mechs

Feb 6, 2015 7:09 AM

Oct 2013
AceTheKidd said:
And btw I hate mechs

Im gonna recommend to you some Mecha animes coz there awesome! Im not a big fan of the Mecha genre myself but some are just too good man. like they totally move away from the norm. thats what Im gonna suggest for you to watch. and a few other non mecha animes too but they may be a little different than the others im mentioned so I DONT know if you'd like em. im just kinda experimenting lol

Mecha Animes:
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - MC starts off wimpy but becomes REALLY cool a little after the half way point.
-Code Geass - Similar to Death Note in many ways
-Nobunaga The Fool - I havnt seen it all but the MC is not afraid of women. he's a bit of a troublemaker. imo it aint THAT good but its not bad either.
-Aldnoah.Zero - Havnt seen it all but I dont think the MC is afraid of females. He's pretty smart too. (Modern Setting I think)

Now non Mechas or at least ones that have them but dont focus on them and they have a modern setting. Unless I specify it doesnt.

Action:
-Mirai Nikki - Im not gonna lie. The MC is a straight up wimpy bitch! but trust me. Its WORTH watching. everything else especially the main female lead, makes up for it.
-Zankyou no Terror - Havnt seen it but its supposed to be pretty intense with a dark modern setting. about Terrorism.
-Noragami - hilarious.
-Gantz - MC is normal. I mean realistic normal. He thinks like a normal person in real life. not like an "normal" anime character. Id recommend reading the manga but the anime is supposedly good. I only watched 1 episode so I cant vouch for it. Manga is a masterpiece tho.
^^^^
watch that first!

No Action or just more drama than action:
-Monster - This is pretty much what would happen if HBO and Japan got together and made an anime. Its slow paced but it is a god damn classic.
-Kure-nai - I dont know if you'll like this but its different. has some action.
-Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - Prison anime. dark shit
-Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru - MC Personality=Fuck The World. Romance Anime
-Shiki
-Sora no Otoshimono - MC is a super perv. He's more of a closet perv tho.

Non Modern Setting:
-Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku - MC aint afraid of women but this a dark tale. early 2000 type shit. He's a lil kid but he aint no wimp. (Sci-Fi setting but MC is from Modern Day world)
-Toaru Majutsu no Index - This ones a hit n miss. I personally loved it. its got its pro's n cons. MC is in between wimpy and confident.
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - This is a must watch! true classic here.
-Ixion Saga DT - Its not to be takin seriously just pure stupid shit (in a good way) hilarious. (Fantasy setting but MC is from Modern Day world)

Female MC:
-Kara No Kyoukai - MC is badass. Modern Setting
-Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - DONT let the look of it put you off. its quite dark. (Modern Setting)
-Seirei no Moribito
-Ergo Proxy - MC is Badass. a bit slow but its good.
TheNoseOfDeathFeb 6, 2015 7:21 AM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Feb 6, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
Thank you Sooo much for recommending Mirai Nikki I just finished it and I haven't felt this way since I saw the ending of Angel beats!!! This made my day so thank you from the bottom of y heart. Lmfaooo it might not make sense but that show is amazing so thank you.

More topics from this board

» Feel-good light anime recommendations?

shostakovxch - Yesterday

9 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Recommend me anime with Elves in them.

AngelicSuccubus - Yesterday

5 by zombie_pegasus »»
5 hours ago

» Any good anime that are like Grimgar ?

Ventus_S - Jun 9

20 by blessofcurse »»
7 hours ago

» Asking for name of this hentai

hunter99xz - Today

1 by Ruskimeister »»
7 hours ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

64 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.