Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2014 8:46 AM
Dec 2012
I prefer Blu-ray because "when done correctly" (especially in older DVD upgrade/remasters) the images are cleaner and clearer and sound track is better
….little artifacts/glitches in video become GIGANTIC when watching on 70" screen…
Jul 12, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 2009
Aquadon said:
I prefer Blu-ray because "when done correctly" (especially in older DVD upgrade/remasters) the images are cleaner and clearer and sound track is better
….little artifacts/glitches in video become GIGANTIC when watching on 70" screen…

Eh. I prefer consistency in my collection above all else. There's little to no chance that everything that's been released on DVD will eventually be rereleased on Blu-Ray, so I'd rather just have my whole collection in the same format than be a pick-n-pack, myself.
Jul 14, 2014 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
Sentai Filmworks posted the cast list for Prisma Illya. I can't find a link but you can see it on the show's page both here and on ANN.

I was thinking that it would be really cool if they outsourced the dub to Bang Zoom and got the English VAs from Fate/Zero and F/SN (Stephanie Sheh as Illya, Mela Lee as Rin, Lucien Dodge as Waver, Bridget Hoffman as Irisviel, etc.) to reprise their roles. They did it for UBW so it certainly wasn't outside the realm of possibility.

Unfortunately, Sentai is definitely not who I'd pick to be the 'cool' anime distributor if there was such a thing. So they've just got a bunch of shitty Sentai VAs and done it in-house.

It's too bad really. I would have definitely watched it if they outsourced it. Oh well, at least Greg Ayres isn't voicing Shirou.
Jul 14, 2014 5:59 PM

Dec 2009
Such a shame when voice actors change from one entry in a franchise to the next. It really hurts the verisimilitude.
Jul 16, 2014 9:01 PM
Dec 2012
funimation dubs for october …certain mag index 2 dvd/Bayonetta Blu / Ghost in the shell arise Blu / hellsing ultimate set 3 Blu / Ranma 1/2 set 3 Blu
Jul 16, 2014 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
Ranma 1/2 isn't FUNimation-owned, and unless this has changed since my information was obtained, GitS: Arise isn't getting a dub.
Jul 16, 2014 9:34 PM
Dec 2012
yes excuse please…. Ranma 1/2 is VIZ… and also set for Sept 16th
and Arise says HYB on its page …thought that was a little fast for a dub
Jul 16, 2014 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
Which page, where?

I went through the little history slideshow on the official FUNimation website less than a week ago and one of the notable events thereon was that Arise was acquired as FUNimation's very first sub-only release. I even commented on it on the club's main page.
Jul 17, 2014 5:47 AM
Dec 2012
i got to it first through the "got anime" membership future release page …but just now typed in Ghost in the shell arise (in search box)… and 4 listings came up …… the last one has no pic but does say (Ghost in the Shell: Arise DVD/Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) (Borders 1-2) there and then also on the actual listing page it says (Hybrid) again …mistake ?
DogTownIsRuffJul 17, 2014 5:52 AM
Jul 17, 2014 6:41 AM

Dec 2009
Could be. Again, FUNimation stated it's their very first ever sub-only license. The site may have just missed the memo and assumed that it would be a hybrid release like every other FUNimation release before it.
Jul 17, 2014 9:14 AM
Dec 2012
MAAAAAAAN so i was all excited for nothing …GITS is my all time favorite series …that series…. Full Metal Alc brotherhood and Samurai 7 and Elfen lied and afro sam ..all got me to rethink my "anime is just for teens " mentality … and dive back in to anime after many years
Jul 17, 2014 9:29 AM
Dec 2012
XTA thanks for all your work on this thread … and not to sound to dumb/uninformed…
but is there any organized system of dub encouragement ….
like how does funi and Sentai decide which series to dub …do they watch forums ? if so which ones/ which topics … it just seems like there are soooooooooo many highly rated series that don't receive a dub …or it just seems to take forever before they "get around to it "… i am sure that the japanese like to HOLD some series back or charge so much for license that it delays many series dubs…. it just seems like us dubbers could use a LARGER VOICE ..in the industry … or at least a more focused place to encourage Dubs
Jul 17, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 2009
Aquadon said:
XTA thanks for all your work on this thread … and not to sound to dumb/uninformed…
but is there any organized system of dub encouragement ….
like how does funi and Sentai decide which series to dub …do they watch forums ? if so which ones/ which topics … it just seems like there are soooooooooo many highly rated series that don't receive a dub …or it just seems to take forever before they "get around to it "… i am sure that the japanese like to HOLD some series back or charge so much for license that it delays many series dubs…. it just seems like us dubbers could use a LARGER VOICE ..in the industry … or at least a more focused place to encourage Dubs

Not that I know of, unless you count the FUNimation survey on their website, which users can fill out up to once per week to send their feedback to FUNi and enter a drawing for prizes. That would be the most direct way to make your voice heard. I have no idea if I had any part in the decision, but I did mention about a year before they rescued Code Geass how awesome it would be if they were to do so in said survey.
Jul 21, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2013
This is a Very good Topic and I look at it as my primary source for whats coming out, but the list is really scrambled, it would be nice if you could make it easier to look through. Every time I see the list it gets bigger and more confusing.
Jul 24, 2014 3:50 PM
Dec 2012
thanks XTA got on Funi site …man my account password login is dreadful ..does anyone else have trouble logging in to Funi? One forum question i found while there about dubs mentioned that the japanese worry about REVERSE IMPORTATION ….so they do wait a certain time for certain (probably highest rated ) series before allowing american release …then (I'm sure they like aniplex) because they keep their prices almost at japanese levels and mostly without even a dub…
tried to find that survey page with no luck …do you know ..does it still exist ? and whats my search coordinates..TNX
DogTownIsRuffJul 24, 2014 3:54 PM
Jul 24, 2014 3:58 PM
Dec 2012
Jul 24, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2009
Aquadon said:
tried to find that survey page with no luck …do you know ..does it still exist ? and whats my search coordinates..TNX

http://www.funimation.com/survey
Jul 26, 2014 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
Tamako Market dub cast just got announced and it doesn't sound half bad. Chris Ayres is directing it but fortunately he's put his brother in a pretty minor role. Well, two minor roles but hey whatever keeps him from being miscasted in the lead role is fine by me.

Meg McDonald is playing Tamako which is a very predictable choice given the sort of roles she usually plays but not a bad one by any means.

Jay Hickman as Dera who I found incredibly irritating in the Japanese but might be more tolerable if he just does his Mechazawa (From Cromartie Highschool) voice.

Caitlynn French as Kanna. She was the only character I really liked in the show and from what little I've heard of her she's not bad. Kanna is the sort of character she seems to play best.

Don't really have much of an opinion on the rest of the cast but it's 99% Sentai regulars so not much to talk about.
Jul 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
The Bayonetta: Bloody Fate anime film will reuse the voice cast of the game it was based on, meaning Helena Tayor returns as Bayonetta.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
I'm sorry about the re-types my computer is acting weird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2014 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
I haven't updated the list in a while, so...

Updated list and added:
Log Horizon
High School DxD New
One Piece season 6 part 1 & 2
Patema Inverted
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Infinite Stratos 2
Queen's Blade OVA: Beautiful Warriors
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Diabolik Lovers
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

and so on...
Aug 21, 2014 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
I haven't updated the post in a while, so...

Updated list and added:
Log Horizon
One Piece season 6 part 1 & 2
High School DxD New
Patema Inverted
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Infinite Stratos 2
Queen's Blade OVA: Beautiful Warriors
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Diabolik Lovers
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

and so on...
Aug 24, 2014 3:59 PM
Dec 2012
So all … is there a way to find out # of units manufactured for any said Dubbed franchise ….like lets say Cardcaptor Sakura.
For i would like to wait for the price to get more wallet friendly…but at the same time don't want to miss out , and have to deal with scalpers
Sep 16, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know anything about Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika Movie 3 getting a dub any time in the near future?
Oct 29, 2014 4:55 AM

Jan 2013
Updated list: but nothing new in about a week :(
Oct 29, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Toddler_Naruto said:
What happened to my post...anyways do you ever plan on updating this list again here?

I know you have an up-to-date post over at Kametsu, but I'd like for you to keep this one also up-to-date as well, not that unreasonable yes?

One of the reasons I stopped posting is because I cant see any new posts and I just started a new job :) Well... I just found out that you can see new posts if you change the show= to 125 e.g. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=676931&show=125
Oct 30, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2008
@Universalx: Sorry about that, I must have been super sleep deprived. My post was still there, just somehow skipped over your very recent update post.

(I trashed both of my posts just now though)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Oct 30, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Updated list and added: Time of Eve: The Movie
Nov 9, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
If I forget to update the Topic, you could use this site http://www.reddit.com/r/Animedubs/ they post news about new upcoming dubs :)
Nov 30, 2014 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
There will be no dub of Chunibyo, look at the back of the box:

The back of the box says "Japanese 2.0" with no mention of English. Reviews on amazon seem to confirm there is no dub.
RaidenNov 30, 2014 10:15 PM
Nov 30, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
Actually scratch that, that's the DVD release from earlier of this year. I sure hope they'll be re-releasing it with the dub on the DVD because I don't have a bluray player. If they make the dub bluray exclusive, now that would stink.
Dec 1, 2014 7:20 PM
Dec 2, 2014 7:34 AM

Dec 2009
Just a reminder that illegal steaming/torrent sites are not to be discussed or shared in this club.
Dec 17, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2013
Updated list and also added: Tokyo Ravens and Unbreakable Machine-Doll.
Dec 17, 2014 7:07 AM

Mar 2014
XTApocalypse said:
Just a reminder that illegal steaming/torrent sites are not to be discussed or shared in this club.

I'm against torrents, for very clear reasons.
Dec 18, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
Updated list and added: Nobunaga the Fool.
Dec 20, 2014 1:07 AM

Jun 2013
You guys think there will ever be a Bleach complete boxset? I would so pay for that.
Dec 20, 2014 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
LelouchTheZero said:
You guys think there will ever be a Bleach complete boxset? I would so pay for that.

I doubt it. They still havent done a complete DBZ box set, InuYasha box set, etc..

You're better off just buying the individual sets used.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 20, 2014 9:22 AM

Dec 2009
For series that huge? Do they ever do complete series box sets? I've never seen more than season box sets for anything over a hundred episodes, save for Digimon, which was a barebones economic dub-only set of the first four seasons.

Viz seasons are pretty cheap, though; or they were the last time I checked. During the sale I last saw, InuYasha seasons were on sale for $13 apiece (I bought all of them) and Bleach was on sale for about the same.
Dec 20, 2014 1:35 PM
Dec 2012
the largest collection I've seen yet is the amazon exclusive One Piece Collection Boxes 1 & 2 so far ....each with 100ish eps.
Problem is SO FAR they are more expensive than than 4 of the corresponding 26ish episode collections ...so I'm waiting a little while longer to dive in
Jan 20, 2015 5:53 AM

Jan 2013
Updated list and added: D-Frag, Freezing: Vibration, One Piece Part 4 and Kill la Kill Part 5.
Feb 27, 2015 11:38 PM

May 2013
IDK how old all the shows that are in the out now list are, but I suggest only having anime release in the current year in the out now list to get rid of confusion and better organisation, also it would be easier to read if it was in alphabetical order. Just a suggestion. One last thing, I'm not 100% sure whats going on with the anime called Tokyo Ghoul but the second season was dubbed, while the first season is soon to be dubbed? If that's true, who thought that was a good idea?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-02-18/funimation-confirms-tokyo-ghoul-season-1-dub/.85159
TimidGazelleFeb 27, 2015 11:52 PM
Mar 7, 2015 4:13 PM

Jan 2013
Taux said:
IDK how old all the shows that are in the out now list are, but I suggest only having anime release in the current year in the out now list to get rid of confusion and better organisation

It's not hard... I put the newest releases at the bottom, so its in order (Oldest to newest)
Mar 7, 2015 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
Hyperdimension Neptunia and Durarara x2 dubs confirmed. Former will come out June 9 featuring most of the cast from the game and the latter will have one episode streamed weekly on Crunchyroll from March 10 with the same cast as Season 1.
Mar 10, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2010
I'm really looking forward to D-Frag!
Mar 10, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2014
Nagi no Asukara dub confirmed for June 30th!!!! Now that is a show with some damn good art you don't want to miss!!
Mar 17, 2015 5:24 AM

Dec 2010
Mar 21, 2015 2:22 PM
Dec 2012
Already pre-ordered my NAGI NO from rightstuf ... as well as streaming all NIS non dubbed stuff
Hearing from most licensors that higher streaming numbers is the best way to encourage dubs of any said Franchise .
But can anyone tell me how they count popularity?
1) is it by total stream time
2) initial hit at the start of any shows episode

Because I'm streaming (and not watching) SUBS of my preferred shows from
apple tv (crunchy) / hulu (free) / anime network (free) CONSTANTLY
and i would like to find out this fact to let me know wether i should just
let them roll (total time method)
or continually keep changing franchises (or restarting same franchise).
Im even upping my INET to 30 Mbps so i can stream even more ..(i was at 8 )
Mar 21, 2015 4:46 PM
Dec 2012
oh yes and FUNI June Offerings are up at Funi / rightstuf (check News for quickest access)
all dubs except "Oniai"
Mar 21, 2015 5:03 PM
Dec 2012
or how about this :
Also now available for pre-order are the Limited Edition and Standard Edition Blu-ray/DVD of Soul Eater Not!, the Limited Edition and Standard Edition Blu-ray/DVD of Hyperdimension Neptunia, the Limited Edition and Standard Edition Blu-ray/DVD of Wanna Be the Strongest in the World!, the Limited Edition and Standard Edition Blu-ray/DVD of Nobunagun, BlazBlue Alter Memory on Blu-ray/DVD, Ping Pong on Blu-ray/DVD, the .hack//G.U. Trilogy Movie on DVD, and the next installments of Tokyo Ravens and Fairy Tail.

FUNimation has also revealed a new release to their Anime Classics line, Is This a Zombie? of the Dead (Season 2). Coming in June to FUNimation's S.A.V.E. Edition line are OniAi on Blu-ray, Sacred Blacksmith on DVD, a double-feature DVD of CLAMP's Tsubasa and xxxHOLiC movies, and the Blu-ray Blu-ray, DVD of movie Origin: Spirits of the Past.

Pre-order your favorite FUNimation June releases today!

http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007567.html
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do you like English dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

coolcat - Apr 27, 2010

326 by Hugh_Jomlet »»
Jul 14, 12:58 AM

» What is a dub song from a children’s anime dub that you love the most?

funtime43_tr - Mar 9

0 by funtime43_tr »»
Mar 9, 9:42 AM

» English dub fan, what do you think of these Japanese dubs of American cartoons?

mdo7 - Aug 31, 2020

2 by mdo7 »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:43 PM

» What are your Top 5-10 Favorite English Dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KidRyan - Mar 14, 2009

261 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Oct 13, 2023 1:55 AM

» In Defense of 4kids/New York voice actors.

funtime43_tr - Oct 25, 2022

1 by SwatKat1990 »»
Jan 18, 2023 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.