Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
hey every1, im again looking for another anime, since i just finished with mushishi and anime/manga of beelzebub.

I want to watch an anime with good character development, Inuyasha-level would be nice. i would like a tinge of romance, but it shouldnt be the focus of the anime. I prefer action/adventure. However, the romance can be disregarded if its just awesome without it, like death note and code geass. My range is pretty wide, but thats fine, i just want something to occupy my time with. Character development is pretty important to me, though. I would like the episode range from 20-150, pretty big range, and it should not be ongoing, i dont want to wait every week for another episode.

Also, i dont mind a bit of fan-service like Full Metal Panic, but NO ecchi, since my 10-yr old bro sometimes watches some bits with me.

Well then, thats a big range of anime, so c'mon u veterans, gimme the best anime for me to watch.
Jun 1, 2014 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Tegami Bachi 25 Eps each season
Zatch Bell Similar to Beelzebub
Suisei no Gargantia
Steins;Gate About time traveling
Buddy Complex Epic anime, it start as MC being sucked into future
Busou Renkin Romance between MC plays a part but isn't the main focus of it
D-Frag
Densetsu no Yuusha
Hataraku maou-sama
Machine-Doll
Maria Holic a masterpiece that you should watch now
Terra e
If you want more just check out my list
removed-userJun 1, 2014 12:29 PM
Jun 1, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
oh sory, no sports plz

Holybum: U reccomended maria holic, but that was centerd around romance, which i do not want - 1st and foremost it should have action/adventure

ps:
plz no episodiac anime
Regert787Jun 1, 2014 12:51 PM
Jun 1, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/50325354.jpg

Nah.. But seriously - If you liked Code geass, try Guilty crown. They are very much alike (except Guilty Crown is better :P)
Jun 1, 2014 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
Gankutsuou
Mawaru Penguindrum
Sora no Woto
Kaiji
Rose of Versailles
Kuuchuu Buranko
Tatami Galaxy
Baccano! (Not much character development but an already excellent large cast)
Katanagatari

:^)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
Regret786 said:
oh sory, no sports plz

Holybum: U reccomended maria holic, but that was centerd around romance, which i do not want - 1st and foremost it should have action/adventure

ps:
plz no episodiac anime
There isnt really romance in maria holic
Jun 1, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2014
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - this is ongoing, but believe me, this anime is worth it. Character development is off the charts. And plus, you have 100+ episodes to go through before catching up with it.
Baccano!
Magi
Psycho-Pass - watching it right now, and it is pretty action packed. Great characters also.
D. Gray-man
Jun 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
ok, 1 by 1 knock-out

1) Tegami Bachi: seriously? u actually recommended this? some kid who delivers letters coz he wants happiness for every1 and for to unicorns to fart rainbows wen the sun rises (sarcasm) this is soo childish, looks like no action aswell.

2) Zatch Bell: already seen it, was kinds good, but childish aswell, saw it with my aforementioned brother, so nothing here

3) Suisei no Gargantia: Read the reviews and the ratings, seems pretty messed up, plus only 13 eps, too short for me to really get into it. also, the setting (flodded earth) doesnt seem that good

4) Steins Gate;: was amazing, though ive already seen it (ill go update my list)

5) Buddy Complex: seems kinda promising, though again its 13 episodes, and im not much of a mecha fan, (except full metal panic and Code Geass, but then again, their not mecha-centered) might watch this if i get bored in my summer holidays

6) Busou Renkin: Ive seen some of it but abandoned it like 10 eps in, doesnt seem very well done, and didnt catch my attention for some reason or another, and i dont want to continue it, its too action-packed and not enough dialogue (if i remember it right)

7) D-Frag: this anime seems to loose, i dont want a "feel-good" anime, i want good plot with big problems, and the reviews say that there is no action, so it lacks that aswell, dismissed it, sorry

8) Densetsu no Yuusha: Cant say mush about this 1, ive got nuffin bad to say about this, but for sme reason just dont like thiss, but that doesnt do it justice, so ill have to watch it sooner or later

9) Hataraku maou-sama: Seems extremely promising, even tho not reached 20 eps target, ill have to watch this very soon, thnx

10) Machine-Doll: cant believe u said this, 1 of its genres is "Ecchi"... and 12 eps is too short for me aswell, considering i dont like the plot

11) Maria Holic: already said this, its too focused on this teenage "search for true love" thing, i dont want characters to search for it, just gradually find the 1. and no actian as far as i can see aswell

12) Terra e: its rated pretty nicely, 24 epis, good age rating, but i just dont like this "future" genre, nor "sci-Fi" in anime

13) Gankutsuou: meh, sorry, doesnt catch my attention, not wat i was looking for

14) Mawaru Penguindrum: again, not my type, sorry, too much philosophy and psychology.

15) Hunter x Hunter: (i did a little jump) anyway, most of my friends have seen it, my lil bro is watching it, my 1st reaction was that it was way too childish, might watch it but i need advice on this 1, ill ask my friends on monday

16) Baccano!: good ratings and reviews, but 17+ and 13 eps, ill do a bit more research on this, cant say for sure ill watch this, sorry

17) Magi: hope u mean http://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic
not watching this, too childish i think, and it dont catch my attention

18) Psycho-Pass: only seen 1st ep, and lo and behold, theres an animated hot rape seen 2 minutes in...

19) D. Gray-man: ive seen 2-3 eps already, seems good, tho i see theres no romance in this

THNX all, keep it coming plz
Jun 1, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
Strike Witches
Jun 1, 2014 3:28 PM

May 2014
- Shinsekai Yori: the definition of a great anime itself
Jun 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
Fate/Zero

Jun 1, 2014 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
Regret786 said:
ok, 1 by 1 knock-out

Why ask for recommendations and then "Knock them out" one by one?
Jun 1, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
type-a1pha said:
- Shinsekai Yori: the definition of a great anime itself

many ppl have recommended this for me but the synopsis sounds retarded

Zymf said:
Regret786 said:
ok, 1 by 1 knock-out

Why ask for recommendations and then "Knock them out" one by one?

to show that ive acknowledged them and that now need to +1 something. Its also helps others to recommend me something if they know wat NOT to recommend.

keep more coming.

about fate zero, ive been meaning to put in on my PTW list for a while now, but im watching #9 right now
Jun 1, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2014
Hunter x Hunter may seem childish, but it gets super dark. Don't be fooled by how childish it seems at first. This last arc has just been brutal.

Sorry, maybe Psycho Pass isn't the most appropriate.

Magi has a ton of action in it and kick ass characters. May seem childish at first, but all the main characters are forced to mature pretty quickly. First few episodes may drag, but it gets much better.

D. Gray-man doesn't exactly have romance per say, but one of the characters does have feelings for the other. So I guess unrequited love
Jun 1, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2014
Regret786 said:
many ppl have recommended this for me but the synopsis sounds retarded

LOL :facepalm:
Jun 1, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2007
Ergo Proxy
Jun 1, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus you're annoyingly picky. If you're gonna be THAT picky, be more specific in your first post, otherwise stop judging on sight and watch this shit. Most of them you have terrible perceptions on anyway.

Anyway, here.

More topics from this board

» Anime/movie suggestions?

Rance-sama - 7 hours ago

6 by mo_lave »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for chillin horror anime about ghosts

Shabo-kun - May 31

10 by Vslayer »»
5 hours ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

63 by Nevasca3301 »»
8 hours ago

» Fantasy Setting and Magics Anime

shiroha - Yesterday

7 by JoeChip »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for anime with Dystopian setting

Schlecka - Yesterday

3 by Schlecka »»
Today, 2:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.