Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2009 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
Well, I want to watch a drama and I have no idea where to start, mainly looking for a Japanese Drama though others are also welcome, and Romance of course.

Off Topic:
I think the Anime and Manga Rec Sub-Forum should also include Asian Dramas otherwise i would have never made this topic here.

Thanks.
Feb 3, 2009 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
I say you should watch Long Vacation. It was one of my first series and still my favorite to this day. A lot of shows I've seen drop off in quality at some point, but not Long Vacation. This just got better and better with each episode and ended perfectly. Watch it.
Feb 3, 2009 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
watched the first episode, i loved it, if you know of any others please let me know
Feb 3, 2009 10:46 PM

Nov 2007
Nodame Cantabile. I liked it more than the anime.

Also try Hana yori Dango and Sexy Voice & Robo. They're all completely subbed.
Feb 3, 2009 11:37 PM

Jun 2008
does Nodame Cantabile follow the same story as the manga or anime? is it pretty much the same thing?

i was thinking of watching it but i dont know the differences story wise
Feb 4, 2009 3:07 AM

Jan 2008
It's more or less the same, but definitely worth watching.

If it's romance you're looking for, try Proposal Daisakusen :)
Feb 4, 2009 6:44 AM

Sep 2008
I agree with Hana Yori Dango :'D
Feb 4, 2009 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
mrSmiles said:
does Nodame Cantabile follow the same story as the manga or anime? is it pretty much the same thing?

i was thinking of watching it but i dont know the differences story wise

They cut out bits from the manga. Not sure what, but I remember there were certain parts that weren't included in the drama. However, the drama is DEFINITELY worth watching.

Banner made by suikka
Feb 5, 2009 1:11 AM

Jun 2008
id said:
It's more or less the same, but definitely worth watching.

If it's romance you're looking for, try Proposal Daisakusen :)

watched the first episode and it was awesome i loved it, do you know of any other romance j-dramas?
Feb 6, 2009 2:18 AM

Jan 2008
hallelujah chance! :D

Try Hotaru no Hikari.
Feb 6, 2009 7:31 AM

Jun 2008
id said:
hallelujah chance! :D

Try Hotaru no Hikari.

Just finished watching Nobuta wo Produce which i loved, and was already thinking about watching Hotaru no Hikari next.
I tried searching on google for popular j-dramas and came up with a short list of what i thought would be interesting enough to watch but if anyone knows of other good dramas
post them here.

Thanks.
Feb 7, 2009 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
I'd like to rec Hana Kimi (JAP ver.) and Nobuta wo Produce. I loved both of them!
Feb 7, 2009 1:30 PM

Jan 2009
Full House is a good one, my sister made me watch it with her and it stars Bi Rain(So sexy).
Feb 8, 2009 2:46 AM

Jul 2007
Kimi wa Petto, Moto Kare, and Oishii Kankei, besides those that have been mentioned.

Though you should most definitely try some non-romance. CHANGE is one I HIGHLY recommend. Don't read any synopsis for it (the one on DramaWiki sucks and is misleading). Just check it out! Has the same male lead as Long Vacation.

Also on the comedy side of things: Nodame Cantabile, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (one of the most underrated and underwatched dramas ever, but seriously hilarious), At Home Dad, and Stand UP!!.

A couple Korean dramas (the kings of romance dramas, no joke) everyone needs to watch: Coffee Prince, My Lovely Sam Soon, and Last Scandal. Some people also make an argument for My Girl and Goong for their utterly gushy romance, but I'm no romance fiend so they weren't my cup of tea.
<---made of awesome!
Feb 8, 2009 4:00 AM

Jun 2008
Susan said:
Kimi wa Petto, Moto Kare, and Oishii Kankei, besides those that have been mentioned.

Though you should most definitely try some non-romance. CHANGE is one I HIGHLY recommend. Don't read any synopsis for it (the one on DramaWiki sucks and is misleading). Just check it out! Has the same male lead as Long Vacation.

Also on the comedy side of things: Nodame Cantabile, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (one of the most underrated and underwatched dramas ever, but seriously hilarious), At Home Dad, and Stand UP!!.

A couple Korean dramas (the kings of romance dramas, no joke) everyone needs to watch: Coffee Prince, My Lovely Sam Soon, and Last Scandal. Some people also make an argument for My Girl and Goong for their utterly gushy romance, but I'm no romance fiend so they weren't my cup of tea.

Yeah love watching romance drama's/manga's not so much anime's because i find alot of them disappointing, im just a sucker for romance.
with the above said of course i'm not just going to watch romance drama's but it's what i like to start with eventually i watch something different.

anyways thanks your post was helpful.
Feb 11, 2009 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
LoL Stand UP!! I had a lot of laughs for that one. CHANGE is a good one too, i second that. Kimura Takuya is just <3

More topics from this board

» Some choice words about Yutaka Yamada (and hunting for recommendations)

NCR522 - 11 hours ago

0 by NCR522 »»
11 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

68 by scarydragon »»
Today, 5:56 AM

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7759 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Today, 5:29 AM

» What are your favorite ZARD songs?

GinIonSui - May 18

5 by GinIonSui »»
Today, 5:15 AM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3489 by MeanMrMusician »»
Today, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.