Forums
New
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2013 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
gstaad said:
fackifiknow said:
gstaad said:
y'all piracy-pigleechers should just die out.
Dude... not cool. That hurt my feelings.
What about the feelings of the Japanese anime industry?
Don't be silly, an industry is not capable of feeling.
Sep 22, 2013 11:27 PM

Jan 2013
fackifiknow said:
gstaad said:
fackifiknow said:
gstaad said:
The Japanese anime industry has a Ghost.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Sep 22, 2013 11:28 PM

Sep 2013
@gstaad out of curiosity, did you complete the 85 animes ''legally''?
Sep 22, 2013 11:28 PM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
]

This is the most ignorant, selfish BULLSHIT I've ever heard, OF COURSE it is hurting the industry and NO you are NOT entitled to watch every single anime and THEN decide if it's worth the buy.
That's not how it works, these people are making shows for you to enjoy, it's their property, they can distribute it at whatever price they see fit. If a show catches your interest enough for you to watch it, you have to pay it. You are basically leeching all the entertainment/work (IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY ENTERTAINED) for free and decide later like some god on his eternal throne if it was worth it.

That's beyond bullshit, piracy-pigs RELY on legit people to pay for their shows. The industry would be dead if literally everyone would just pirate shows.

I say it again for the not-so-smart under us, you are NOT entitled to watch it all. If you are interested enough that you wanna watch, pay for it, if it's not, don't watch.
Why is this concept so fucking hard to understand for this retarded community.

(apologizes out to those who don't)

This was cute. You ignored my post since you made up shit that it actually hurts the industry. Plus no matter what there are many people who pirate but buy the series later. So the industry will never die. You also ignored the point about people who never would buy the product which costs the companies absolutely nothing.

gstaad said:
fackifiknow said:
gstaad said:

I loled.

gstaad said:
fackifiknow said:
gstaad said:
fackifiknow said:
gstaad said:
The Japanese anime industry has a Ghost.

Call the Ghostbusters then.
Sep 22, 2013 11:29 PM

Jun 2013
natsucule said:
This is pointless, it's not like we're gonna stop downloading/streaming animes just because some dude says it's wrong and evil. And the other party won't understand the conditions that led us to do what we are doing now.
Yeah pretty much. The horse is out the barn door, "piracy" and the exchange of information cannot be stopped.
Sep 22, 2013 11:32 PM

Jan 2013
natsucule said:
At least one.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 22, 2013 11:33 PM

Sep 2013
gstaad said:
natsucule said:
At least one.

Interesting, and the other 84?
Sep 22, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2007
natsucule said:

The people who say that shit are hypocrites since they never watch/read everything legally.
Sep 22, 2013 11:36 PM

Jan 2013
natsucule said:
gstaad said:
natsucule said:
At least one.

I'm hoping that by now you've figured out I wasn't serious, right? Just rephrasing the post and signature of newsWatch9.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 22, 2013 11:39 PM

Sep 2013
yhunata said:
newsWatch9 said:
I say it again for the not-so-smart under us, you are NOT entitled to watch it all. If you are interested enough that you wanna watch, pay for it, if it's not, don't watch.

Not every fucking person lives in America or have boat loads of money to splash on anime. Not every fucking person has the ability to watch on "legal streaming" sites. Not every fucking person has the money to spend on anime they may not even enjoy while paying for their family. Not every fucking person remains in the same area, meaning shipping is gonna be difficult. And finally, YOU are not supporting the Japanese anime industry if you're not IMPORTING. But then again, I doubt self-conscious little bastards like yourselves will understand what I'm trying to say here.

Where do you think the publishing companies overseas buy the licensing (and this is not cheap) to actually sell shows outside of Japan, if they don't see them sell very well they will just not buy any more licensing. So this problem we are having with this relatively big community but poor distribution around the globe, it is PRIMARILY the fault of piracy! If we had this community just not made up of like 80% piracy-pigs and actually buy all their stuff the publishers would rip each other apart for the licensing of new shows and the prices would drop as well!

Do you believe I have the money to buy every single series I want? No, I have enough for maybe 1-2 DVD's each month at the moment but I still don't have to steal my anime like that. I'm working 9hrs/day 5days a week just to barely feed and maybe treat myself to some anime, I don't come even close to what I would like to watch (and most of this community just do by stealing and calling it legal since they are so-so poor :'( ), and I want to watch a lot of the new stuff too, you know

Problem these days is people tend to devour shows like there's no tomorrow, something that is NEVER going to be feasible or affordable, they are USED TO this too much and refuse to slow down because they are scared that their silly anime lists are not going to grow as they used to with piracy backing it up.

Now calm your titties and start actually supporting the community instead of leeching it off of honest people.
Internet-piracy is the cancer of Anime, leechers need to get caught and die out!
Sep 22, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2013
gstaad said:
natsucule said:
gstaad said:
natsucule said:
At least one.

I'm hoping that by now you've figured out I wasn't serious, right? Just rephrasing the post and signature of newsWatch9.

As the great and wise Marshall Eriksen would say LAWYERED
Sep 22, 2013 11:42 PM
Feb 2009
Well if there is one thing we all can agree on, it's that we all like anime.
Sep 22, 2013 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
newsWatch9 said:
If we had this community just not made up of like 80% piracy-pigs
You know 80% of statistics are a crock of shit?

I must admit, I do enjoy your fervor
Sep 22, 2013 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
newsWatch9 said:
Now calm your titties and start actually supporting the community instead of leeching it off of honest people.
hehe
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 22, 2013 11:44 PM

Sep 2013
patanu said:
Well if there is one thing we all can agree on, it's that we all like anime.

Dude, you're like Donkey in Shrek when Shrek,Fiona arguing with her dad.
Sep 22, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2013
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

fak your ass it was my estimation judging by the internet/forums.
Generally though, it's easier to look for people who don't pirate than for people that do!

Which is ridiculous!
Internet-piracy is the cancer of Anime, leechers need to get caught and die out!
Sep 22, 2013 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
Orsonius said:

1) Illegal Streaming and Downloading in USA(and AUS, CA etc) is not necessary, because of legal alternatives which are also free (crunchyroll, hulu and others)

2) Illegal Streaming and Downloading is „morally“ wrong, and you shouldn‘t do it.

3) Even if you buy the BluRay etc. later it‘s still bad to use illegal services.

4) Anime is not expensive, buying things is possible
4.2) Hobbies are supposed to be costly, you cannot have a Hobby that doesn‘t cost money. Anime is also a Hobby so expecting it to be for free is foolish

5) (partially) Illegal streaming and downloading harms the Industry.

This must be the most contradictory list I've ever read. He starts off by saying it's not necessary, giving leniency to the act of streaming/downloading, then rebuttals himself by saying it "hurts the industry" and that it's morally wrong? He also makes a point that Anime is not expensive (ROFLHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE) and that it's a hobby? I don't understand, a hobby is a pastime so it's a choice whether people wish to spend money or not. Also is he speaking out towards the casual hobbits or more towards passionate patrons? Since being one of either does make a huge difference whether this list should be shitted on.
Sep 22, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
newsWatch9 said:
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

Generally though, it's easier to look for people who don't pirate than for people that do!

Which is ridiculous!
I think your whole attitude against other people is kind of ridiculous, but hey!
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 22, 2013 11:48 PM

Sep 2013
newsWatch9 said:
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

Which is ridiculous!

If the community is made up of 80% 'piracy-pigs' like you said, how in god's name does looking for the 20% is easier than locating the 80%?
Sep 22, 2013 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
gstaad said:
newsWatch9 said:
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

Which is ridiculous!
I think your whole attitude against other people is kind of ridiculous, but hey!

Oh not all of them... just a select few, but hey!
Sep 22, 2013 11:49 PM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
yhunata said:
newsWatch9 said:

Not every fucking person lives in America or have boat loads of money to splash on anime. Not every fucking person has the ability to watch on "legal streaming" sites. Not every fucking person has the money to spend on anime they may not even enjoy while paying for their family. Not every fucking person remains in the same area, meaning shipping is gonna be difficult. And finally, YOU are not supporting the Japanese anime industry if you're not IMPORTING. But then again, I doubt self-conscious little bastards like yourselves will understand what I'm trying to say here.

Where do you think the publishing companies overseas buy the licensing (and this is not cheap) to actually sell shows outside of Japan, if they don't see them sell very well they will just not buy any more licensing. So this problem we are having with this relatively big community but poor distribution around the globe, it is PRIMARILY the fault of piracy! If we had this community just not made up of like 80% piracy-pigs and actually buy all their stuff the publishers would rip each other apart for the licensing of new shows and the prices would drop as well!

Do you believe I have the money to buy every single series I want? No, I have enough for maybe 1-2 DVD's each month at the moment but I still don't have to steal my anime like that. I'm working 9hrs/day 5days a week just to barely feed and maybe treat myself to some anime, I don't come even close to what I would like to watch (and most of this community just do by stealing and calling it legal since they are so-so poor :'( ), and I want to watch a lot of the new stuff too, you know

Problem these days is people tend to devour shows like there's no tomorrow, something that is NEVER going to be feasible or affordable, they are USED TO this too much and refuse to slow down because they are scared that their silly anime lists are not going to grow as they used to with piracy backing it up.

How cute that you ignored my post. Your ignorance and brainwashing by the companies is astounding. The reason there is no global market is because the companies do not want to distribute globally. They only release in certain countries. Piracy does not have the effect that you claim it does. Also it is not stealing since you actually have to take something in order for it to be theft.
Sep 22, 2013 11:50 PM

Sep 2013
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

Which is ridiculous!

If the community is made up of 80% 'piracy-pigs' like you said, how in god's name does looking for the 20% is easier than locating the 80%?

Because they are not as many, easier to count!

What about the rest of my post, completely ignored!
Sep 22, 2013 11:52 PM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

Which is ridiculous!

Actually it is completely impossible to find that since a person will always have at least 1 pirated thing on their list be it just one episode or an entire series.

Jun 2013
natsucule said:
Because it's all about the argument, we wont let a little thing like sense get in the way of that.

Sep 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
newsWatch9 said:
yhunata said:
newsWatch9 said:

How cute that you ignored my post. Your ignorance and brainwashing by the companies is astounding. The reason there is no global market is because the companies do not want to distribute globally. They only release in certain countries. Piracy does not have the effect that you claim it does. Also it is not stealing since you actually have to take something in order for it to be theft.

Intellectual property, ever heard of it?

If you are NOT interested enough in a show to buy it, you do not watch it.
^WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?^
Sep 22, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
newsWatch9 said:
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:

Which is ridiculous!

Actually it is completely impossible to find that since a person will always have at least 1 pirated thing on their list be it just one episode or an entire series.

Unless we're talking about the people who thinks piracy is being Jack Sparrow.
Sep 22, 2013 11:54 PM

Jun 2013
newsWatch9 said:
This is the most factual thing you've said yet.
Sep 22, 2013 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
fackifiknow said:
newsWatch9 said:
This is the most factual thing you've said yet.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Sep 22, 2013 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
No, you guys just don't want to lose your instant, free anime and actually work for entertainment. Last time I checked, entertainment is no basic human right, you are NOT entitled for the shows.

You do not NEED TO WATCH every single show, I don't do it.
Why is it so hard for people to understand and accept this relatively easy concept?
Sep 22, 2013 11:58 PM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
newsWatch9 said:
yhunata said:
newsWatch9 said:

Lol are you really young? You completely ignored anything I said and didn't even provide any real argument. Also your last argument is terrible since you can watch legal streaming which means you are not buying it.
Sep 22, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2013
newsWatch9 said:
No, you guys just don't want to lose your instant, free anime and actually work for entertainment. Last time I checked, entertainment is no basic human right, you are NOT entitled for the shows.

Why is it so hard for people to understand and accept this relatively easy concept?

It's not about watching EVERY show, it's about BEING ABLE TO.
Sep 22, 2013 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
newsWatch9 said:

Ah see, you seem to think that I have some silly entitlement notion swirling around my head, this simply is not the case. Let me assure you, I just don't give a fuck.
Sep 23, 2013 12:00 AM

Sep 2009
newsWatch9 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0WvJrEuJTk

....Right. Hentai and ecchi is intellectual property now...HERP DERP.

If you're not interested enough in a girl to marry her, THEN DON'T GO ON A DATE!
^IT'S SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND BECAUSE IT MAKES NO GODDAMN SENSE^
Sep 23, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2013
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:

Wait for the release?
Import?
Actually save up for something?
Just be patient and concentrate on other things in the meantime, what's the problem?

All the piracy scumbags are watching but you can't, jealous of their anime lists :(?

I'm having no trouble waiting for certain shows to be released or to be aired on legal streaming sites (which do pay fees for licensing and earn money by premium services and traffic) and those are even quite fast!
Sep 23, 2013 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
LordLagann said:

....Right. Hentai and ecchi is intellectual property now...HERP DERP.
Just found me a signature
Sep 23, 2013 12:06 AM

Sep 2013
newsWatch9 said:

I'm having no trouble waiting for certain shows to be released or to be aired on legal streaming sites (which do pay fees for licensing and earn money by premium services and traffic) and those are even quite fast!

I have over 600 gigs of ''illegally downloaded'' materials, the cost of all of it if I were to actually buy it would be horrific. So no, I'll stick with being Jack Sparrow.
Sep 23, 2013 12:09 AM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:

Wait for the release?
Import?
Just be patient and concentrate on other things in the meantime, what's the problem?

All the piracy scumbags are watching but you can't, jealous of their anime lists :(?

I really doubt you have watched/read everything legally. Besides that you have yet to give a REAL argument and just come up with insults or excuses to avoiding any argument.
Sep 23, 2013 12:13 AM

Sep 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:

I really doubt you have watched/read everything legally. Besides that you have yet to give a REAL argument and just come up with insults or excuses to avoiding any argument.

There's no argument to begin with, it's just hypocrisy and load of crap.
Sep 23, 2013 12:14 AM

Sep 2013
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:

I have over 600 gigs of ''illegally downloaded'' materials, the cost of all of it if I were to actually buy it would be horrific. So no, I'll stick with being Jack Sparrow.

What's your point?

Downloaded too much, doesn't matter now?
impatient, leeching coward!

You are depending on honest people to buy their stuff so companies can continue to produce shows. You'd have nothing if it wasn't for us, this whole genre would cease existing if it wasn't for licensing and DVD sells but it'd be even better off without you guys!
Sep 23, 2013 12:16 AM

Oct 2010
There is a moral issue indeed. The problem is, the excuses I can find benefit me a lot more than being limited by this moral issue.

This is basically what I think of this topic. And by the way, my favorite anime series isn't even licensed in my country.
Sep 23, 2013 12:16 AM

Sep 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
newsWatch9 said:
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:

Wait for the release?
Import?

Why not?
I have every single one of them as DVD/Blu-ray in my shelf except for Blue Submarine No. 6 which I've had yet the chance to obtain and watched on TV a few years ago.
Sep 23, 2013 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
newsWatch9 said:
You'd have nothing if it wasn't for us
I was waiting for this.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Sep 23, 2013 12:17 AM

Sep 2013
jal90 said:
There is a moral issue indeed. The problem is, the excuses I can find benefit me a lot more than being limited by this moral issue.

This is basically what I think of this topic. And by the way, my favorite anime series isn't even licensed in my country.

The only show decent here is dubbed...in ARABIC!
Sep 23, 2013 12:20 AM

Sep 2013
newsWatch9 said:

What's your point?

Downloaded too much, doesn't matter now?
impatient, leeching coward!

You are depending on honest people to buy their stuff so companies can continue to produce shows. You'd have nothing if it wasn't for us, this whole genre would cease existing if it wasn't for licensing and DVD sells but it'd be even better off without you guys!

You think obtaining over half a tera of materials is easy? or quick? It takes time,effort and the power to back it up.
Sep 23, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
newsWatch9 said:
natsucule said:
newsWatch9 said:

Wait for the release?
Import?

Why not?
I have every single one of them as DVD/Blu-ray in my shelf except for Blue Submarine No. 6 which I've had yet the chance to obtain and watched on TV a few years ago.

Jesus, this is pathetic. You're still not actually defending your views. This is just plain awful. Besides I still call bullshit. You have watched at least one episode illegally. Or even pirated something else.
Sep 23, 2013 12:23 AM

Oct 2010
natsucule said:
jal90 said:

Hey, I kind of enjoy this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCTTzec3Z7Y
Sep 23, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2013
jal90 said:

Exactly, it's so much more convenient and easier to just throw excuses around and continue than actually trying to support what you pretend to love so much.

Which is why so many people immediately gang up against anything and anyone trying pop the excuses-bubble they work after.
Sep 23, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2013
jal90 said:
natsucule said:
jal90 said:

Hey, I kind of enjoy this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCTTzec3Z7Y

Arabic OP's are the best part of it, I'll admit that.
Sep 23, 2013 12:26 AM

Aug 2007
newsWatch9 said:
jal90 said:

Exactly, it's so much more convenient and easier to just throw excuses around and continue than actually trying to support what you pretend to love so much.

Which is why so many people immediately gang up against anything and anyone trying pop the excuses-bubble they work after.

No, its just that we know what bullshit its. Try to ACTUALLY defend your views instead of attacking everybody else's views. I already proved that you were wrong about piracy effecting the companies anyway.
Sep 23, 2013 12:28 AM

Sep 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
newsWatch9 said:
jal90 said:

No, its just that we know what bullshit its. Try to ACTUALLY defend your views instead of attacking everybody else's views. I already proved that you were wrong about piracy effecting the companies anyway.

You have proven NOTHING, just because you wouldn't have bought it in the first place doesn't mean it isn't a "lost sale".

It makes it way too convenient to just go "meh, I wouldn't have bought it anyways" at everything.
If you are not interested enough to buy a show, don't watch it!
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » penny for a thought - the ever lasting love for GENOCIDAL ANTI-HEROES ☆

ame - 1 hour ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1181 by Karinara »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you take offensive if your partner have an Anime girl as phone wallpaper instead of you?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

10 by Little_Sheepling »»
16 minutes ago

» What famous anime you still haven't seen, for whatever reason? ( 1 2 )

Polatrix - Oct 26

55 by TipraTechnophile »»
25 minutes ago

» When did you start watching anime, and What was it?

Anime_Freak_0101 - Oct 26

33 by TipraTechnophile »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.