Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2013 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol. When he read that passage in English it was hilarious, Just a mismatch of random English words and plain made-up words. Did the people in Japan who read the original version think it meant something. Would have been awkward if they could actually understand English.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Mar 23, 2020 4:46 PM

Mar 2009
MastaJ said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol. When he read that passage in English it was hilarious, Just a mismatch of random English words and plain made-up words. Did the people in Japan who read the original version think it meant something. Would have been awkward if they could actually understand English.

OMG I can't believe i am gonna answer a post after so long!!!

I'm reading this manga in Japanese and finished the first volume and I knew what you were talking about about that chapter! In Japanese this passage where Kanata is reading during english class is indeed filled with random english words (broken english I might add) and some words are definitely mispelled LOL! I was like damn can't they at least check the spelling but it's what makes Japanese mangaka so special, i guess aha

To be more specific it is written inside one bubble "body great kabuki York Chicago New life not as L.C" lmao
Apr 1, 2020 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
SailorkING said:

OMG I can't believe i am gonna answer a post after so long!!!

I'm reading this manga in Japanese and finished the first volume and I knew what you were talking about about that chapter! In Japanese this passage where Kanata is reading during english class is indeed filled with random english words (broken english I might add) and some words are definitely mispelled LOL! I was like damn can't they at least check the spelling but it's what makes Japanese mangaka so special, i guess aha

To be more specific it is written inside one bubble "body great kabuki York Chicago New life not as L.C" lmao

Thank you for answering my question after 6.5 years of wondering lol. Good to know others noticed the same thing! I love noticing these little things
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Daa! Daa! Daa! Chapter 46 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 4, 2009

3 by MastaJ »»
Dec 14, 2013 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.