Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2011 9:39 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, another episode concerning a mother!
I found it great when Hadzuki used Lily to cheer her mother up and then they embraced; it was very sweet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2011 10:47 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah, a very sweet episode indeed (:
Although I did feel bad for the teacher, those pranks were maybe a little too much lol
Aug 27, 2015 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
I really liked this episode. Shed a couple of tears towards the end there when Hadzuki was communicating her feelings to her mother through Lily.
Though it made the point that those silly pranks don't resolve any issues - well, because they aren't being discussed.
I sympathize with Hadzuki though, I've been in that kind of position many times where it proves to be very difficult to talk to family over these issues.
Mar 1, 2022 11:25 AM

Aug 2018
This episode had a problematic message. Parents shouldn't force their ambitions on their kids. If Hazuki doesn't like these clothes and doesn't want to learn the traditional Japanese dance, she shouldn't be guilt-tripped into doing it. She's not her mother's doll.
Jun 23, 2022 12:42 AM

Dec 2021
I see Doremi do that dance, and all I can think about is Patalliro, and how that anime drilled the phrase "Dare ga koro shita Cock Robin (A' Sore)" into my already limited long-term memory.

Besides reminding me of an anime that has irreparably poisoned my brain, this was a massive improvement over the last episode, and has made me feel less worried about future episodes being terrible like that one. This episode plays on the strengths of the series perfectly, it it nearly made me cry.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Oct 8, 2023 5:47 AM

May 2015
Adorable episode with good theme about parent-child relationship.
Apr 3, 11:15 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Tanya852
This episode had a problematic message. Parents shouldn't force their ambitions on their kids. If Hazuki doesn't like these clothes and doesn't want to learn the traditional Japanese dance, she shouldn't be guilt-tripped into doing it. She's not her mother's doll.
@Tanya852 100% agree, I really could've seen this episode having a good ending if they went a different direction with it (with Hazuki's mother accepting the fact Hazuki doesn't want to do the dancing lessons). Unfortunately they went with the direction they did.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 49 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 18, 2011

12 by theiceria »»
May 31, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 19 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Jan 2, 2012

2 by theiceria »»
May 14, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 15 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 11, 2011

4 by theiceria »»
May 12, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 4 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Dec 28, 2011

7 by uridon »»
Apr 7, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 48 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Jan 10, 2012

4 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Dec 4, 2023 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.