Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 14, 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
Does anyone else have a hard time describing their personalities? I feel like they’re super bland and I can’t figure out how to describe Keiichi lol.
Oct 14, 6:44 PM
Apr 2014
bananachips said:
Does anyone else have a hard time describing their personalities? I feel like they’re super bland and I can’t figure out how to describe Keiichi lol.

I think that lends a hand in the beauty of Higurashi’s misdirection. The characters are very simple and downright average with minute individuality due to age and gender differences… until they’re not simple and downright average 👹.

I would say Keiichi is righteous not self-righteous or on a high horse but typically leaning towards making morally good decisions) and a kind friend.
Oct 14, 11:29 PM
May 2021
bananachips said:

Every character is twisted af bro 😂. Keichi is really dangerous when in control of the disease
Oct 14, 11:35 PM

Jun 2020
Off the anime/manga adaptations, I would say yes, but Keiichi is definitely one of the easier ones to describe in general. He is determined, strong-willed, and will do anything to help his friends, even in hopeless situations. That might take him sound like a generic MC, but he is a very nice foil to Rika's character of giving up easily and is exactly what she needed to push through the loops.

Gou and Sotsu just assassinated everyone's personalities as far as I can remember.
Oct 14, 11:37 PM
Nov 2022
Did you watch/read the original. Or is this about the shitty reboot….

And yes i call it the reboot because that’s how they advertised it.
Oct 14, 11:46 PM

Jul 2021
I would also have a terribly hard time describing their personalities as I could write pages and pages detailing their personalities with autistic detail and enthusiasm. I think the characters of Higurashi is the best part of the series. No idea what you're on about.
Oct 15, 12:40 AM
May 2020
bananachips said:

unless you're just talking about Gou/Sotsu, to which I agree they butcher every character in those, but otherwise I have no clue where you're coming from
Oct 15, 8:04 AM
Jul 2022
In the original higurashi, Keichii has a lot of participation in the events, he is the typical determined protagonist.

However, Gou and Sotsu destroyed the higurashi series that I really liked.
Oct 15, 12:55 PM
Mar 2022
IceCreamScene said:
bananachips said:

unless you're just talking about Gou/Sotsu, to which I agree they butcher every character in those, but otherwise I have no clue where you're coming from

Keichi was knocked out to troll the fans too by bullies who served no purpose to the plot and to make it even worse the townsfolk didn’t come together to defend keichi (which would’ve happened due to higurashis town hypnosis)

They forgot some of the plot conveniently to shit on the Male character and it completely took me out of it.
Oct 15, 6:28 PM
Oct 2021
I honestly disagree, not sure if you just need to watch more or what. Every character kinda fits anime trope type personalities until stuff gets crazy, then every character becomes twisted in their own different ways depending what's happening
Oct 15, 6:58 PM
Mar 2022
Jacombo said:
I honestly disagree, not sure if you just need to watch more or what. Every character kinda fits anime trope type personalities until stuff gets crazy, then every character becomes twisted in their own different ways depending what's happening

You haven’t seen the original if you’re gonna say this good just to piss off longtime fans. It’s rated 6.5 for a reason.

You’re not exactly special dipshit
Oct 15, 7:08 PM
Sep 2021
the thread is filled with losers clowns who are still angry at gou/sotsu for dumb reasons lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

117 by bananachips »»
Oct 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

413 by Tennouji »»
Oct 11, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

161 by Tennouji »»
Oct 11, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

125 by Tennouji »»
Oct 11, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2021

192 by Tennouji »»
Oct 11, 7:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.