Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favorite Orchestra music based off of an anime?

New
3 hours ago

Oct 2023
I am a huge fan of orchestral music and have been discovering all the fantastic orchestra music based off of my favorite animes. What are some of your favorite orchestra arrangements that you have heard? I personally really enjoyed Aria the Sinfonia and Steins Gate Symphonic Reunion. There will be a Frieren Orchestra Concert this August so you know I will want to listen to that as well.
2 hours ago

Oct 2014
Orchestra and classical in general grew on me after watching Nodame Cantabile and the original Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I don't actively look for these 3rd party renditions but a few years ago I did stumble upon the USMC orchestra playing the Space Battleship Yamato theme to a Japanese audience on Okinawa. It was part of a 20 year Okinawa authority handoff anniversary event.

Pretty cool to see USMC band playing an anime theme for one of the iconic shows from the '70's (since re-booted in 2012 with updated graphics and sound). Looks like the audience appreciated it as well.

A few searches will turn up Japanese orchestras playing other tracks from the same show with the bonus of Isao Sasaki duplicating his own OP and insert songs. Listening to the original singer from the '70's still capable of belting this stuff out brings chills.

Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

More topics from this board

» I just completed my 800th anime

Raiyuza - 2 hours ago

23 by Vivian_Lira666 »»
5 minutes ago

» Am I the only one who doesn't drop anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

CrashD - Jun 23, 2016

153 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
6 minutes ago

» When is it safe to approach?

SgtBateMan - Today

22 by ALEXxAMI »»
11 minutes ago

» Best Jojo's Bizzare Adventure part and why??

ShivIz - 6 hours ago

6 by Takoyakirin »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you intentionally watch bad anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 26, 2021

63 by ChrisBlitz »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.