Forum Settings
Forums

How easy is it for you to pick new anime to watch? :)

New
May 24, 8:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
How do you pick new anime to watch? Is it something which is easy to do for you? If it's easy then....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 24, 8:22 AM

Sep 2016
Very easy, there are plenty to choose from.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 24, 8:26 AM
Aug 2018
I have a list of new shows, sequels, or anticipated ones to watch, so it's not that hard.
May 24, 8:39 AM

Jun 2011
Very easy. I have a huge list of older anime that I wanted to get into, a lot of classics too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 24, 8:51 AM

Nov 2023
Aaah, 100+ Stuff in my PTW list, Im suffering from over choice. My strategy is to just quickly hit one and dive into it no further questions. Eg in mood for a specific theme? Just choose the first option
May 24, 9:08 AM

Jun 2010
Why will it be difficult?

Since I have many ongoing series, I just need to go to the list and pick one.
May 24, 9:11 AM

May 2024
What kind of question is that, obviously yes.
May 24, 10:04 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Since I started streaming 7years ago I haven’t had any difficulty finding15-25 series to watch per season. If I ever get tired of seasonals I have plenty older series I missed or didn’t finish.
May 24, 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
I just check seasonal ones. atm it's just hard to continue what I started.
May 24, 10:32 AM

Mar 2024
Personally I don’t think I’m gonna have a hard time finding a new anime to watch. My PTW list is close to 200, so not gonna finish that any time soon heh
May 24, 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
If there are cute anime girls being advertised on it, then I will watch it. It is that simple.
May 24, 3:39 PM

May 2021
Recently I've found it easier to pick anime to watch. I'm watching way more seasonal anime now than I ever have before. Been sniping series on the side too, feels good to make progress. There is still a ton of anime that I want to watch though. After I finish Lucky☆Star I'm in-between choosing a couple different shows. Gonna pick one and make it happen. I'm trying to work my plan to watch down but it grows every other week. lol
May 24, 3:58 PM

Apr 2024
Yes.

Once gathered some watching experience, simply looking into the recommendations sections for anime you already saw is probably the best quick way to find great shows you will most likely enjoy. I was surprised how my favorite anime which nobody talks about is the 5th or 6th recommendation for an anime that has impressed me so much that I started looking for something similar. It's been 2 months before I finally found it, but if only I have checked the recommendations section before, it would take less than a week for me to discover it.

Use ratings for any rare brilliant anime rated below 8 or even below 7 which nobody talks about to find people who are smart enough to see its brilliance, they have the widest knowledge of less popular anime and most honest ratings that reflect both their feelings during the watch and cold-blooded reasoning after the watch. You will find probably just one such person among a thousand, but it would be simply impossible with anime rated 8+ because the 9s and 10s given by competent viewers are mixed in with the 9s and 10s given by everyone else.

Ask friends for recommendations, people from your social circles generally have tastes close to you.

Follow reviewers who you trust.

What not to do:
Trust public ratings and public opinion for high rated anime. Restriction of range decreases the predictive validity for ratings for popular anime down to zero.
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

May 24, 4:06 PM

Dec 2021
"Oh, this anime looks interesting... Adds to PtW"

"Scrolls through PtW some unspecified amount of time later. Oh, this seems like something I want to watch right now."

Basically, just this. Sometimes someone will say "You should watch this", and I'll decide whether to add it to my PtW or not, but beyond that I also have a "Priority" list on my profile, which is more or less a personal self-suggestion. So basically, it's very easy, since my PtW list is long enough that replenishing it is a non-issue.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 25, 8:46 AM

Feb 2018
i haven't watched anything in a year i think. I try to watch something but can't continue. it's been really tough to get back into anime for me
May 25, 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
Look at whatever pops out on social media for new anime content tbh...
May 25, 1:29 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to PostMahouShoujo
Yes.

Once gathered some watching experience, simply looking into the recommendations sections for anime you already saw is probably the best quick way to find great shows you will most likely enjoy. I was surprised how my favorite anime which nobody talks about is the 5th or 6th recommendation for an anime that has impressed me so much that I started looking for something similar. It's been 2 months before I finally found it, but if only I have checked the recommendations section before, it would take less than a week for me to discover it.

Use ratings for any rare brilliant anime rated below 8 or even below 7 which nobody talks about to find people who are smart enough to see its brilliance, they have the widest knowledge of less popular anime and most honest ratings that reflect both their feelings during the watch and cold-blooded reasoning after the watch. You will find probably just one such person among a thousand, but it would be simply impossible with anime rated 8+ because the 9s and 10s given by competent viewers are mixed in with the 9s and 10s given by everyone else.

Ask friends for recommendations, people from your social circles generally have tastes close to you.

Follow reviewers who you trust.

What not to do:
Trust public ratings and public opinion for high rated anime. Restriction of range decreases the predictive validity for ratings for popular anime down to zero.
PostMahouShoujo said:
Чего не следует делать:
доверять общественным рейтингам и общественному мнению в отношении аниме с высоким рейтингом. Ограничение диапазона снижает прогностическую достоверность рейтингов популярного аниме до нуля.
You're wrong. Very often (unless it's a super popular title that gets its ratings because it's super popular) public opinion generally matches the anime or manga. You can also read reviews and see collections similar to anime
May 25, 1:43 PM

Jul 2016
Not easy, feels like quite the commitment to watch anything rn.
May 25, 2:13 PM

Jun 2020
Depends. In terms of seasonal anime, it's either gotta be something I heard about ahead of time and I know I wanna watch, like an adaptation of a manga I really like, or if I'm just scrolling through the seasonal page, it has to fit within my (narrow, extremely specific) personal criteria, i.e. no harem, no isekai, no all-female cast, preferably have a seiyuu I like, etc...I don't like picking out seasonal anime to watch blindly.

Is that a narrow-minded way of choosing? Am I potentially "missing out" on "gems"? Yes. However, after almost two entire decades of watching anime, I know exactly what I want to watch and exactly what I don't wanna watch, just by looking at something, and I'd honestly rather not waste what little free time I have at this point wading exasperatedly through 12-24 episodes just to see what everyone else thinks is great about a certain series. It's also why I don't take recommendations from someone unless they have the same taste as me lol.

More topics from this board

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Yesterday

50 by Akuya »»
2 minutes ago

» What are some things you would like to see more of from the anime industry.

Lolicon4Lifeu - 2 hours ago

8 by Cielord »»
17 minutes ago

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 7 hours ago

17 by Mayahuel »»
22 minutes ago

» What's your most anticipated anime from summer 2024 ?

ZXEAN - Jun 8

37 by Absurdo_N »»
23 minutes ago

» If ONE Piece is this long, imagine if this was 100 piece

jhzs0029 - Yesterday

19 by Chris_Concept »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.