Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 6:34 AM

Dec 2022
I think bleach had amazing writing and character development and it isnt talked ab enough

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 6:50 AM
Mar 2021
it is amazing, some just watch the filler and maybe think it's canon; filler is always meant for weekly watchers imo, noone ever seeks out filler after the anime is finished (unless ur like a superfan of the show); but yeah all canon bleach is really good
May 24, 6:52 AM
Jun 2021
I completely agree with you that Bleach has amazing writing and character development, but I think there are a few reasons why some people might not enjoy it or might not have finished it. Firstly, the anime's pacing can be quite slow and uneven at times, which can make it hard to keep up with the story. Additionally, the filler arcs can be quite frustrating, especially if you're invested in the main storyline.

Another reason people might not like Bleach is that the characters can be quite one-dimensional at times. While some characters like Ichigo and Rukia have really compelling backstories, others like Orihime and Yasutora can feel a bit flat and lack depth.

Furthermore, some fans might not appreciate the anime's reliance on tropes and clichés. The "chosen hero" storyline, the "evil organization" villain, and the "hero's journey" arc can feel a bit overused and predictable.

Lastly, I think some fans might be put off by the anime's lack of consistency in terms of its tone and themes. At times, Bleach can be very serious and dark, while at other times it can be quite lighthearted and humorous. This can make it hard to get invested in the story.

However, I do agree that Bleach has some amazing writing and character development, especially when it comes to its portrayal of themes like friendship, sacrifice, and redemption. The relationships between the characters are often really well-developed and emotionally resonant, and the anime's exploration of its world and mythology is often fascinating.

Ultimately, I think Bleach is a bit of a polarizing anime, with some people loving it for its unique blend of action, drama, and fantasy elements, while others might find it too slow or predictable. But for those who do enjoy it, it's definitely an anime that rewards close attention and dedication.
May 24, 7:08 AM
Mar 2024
as much as I love Bleach, I can't deny that it has flaws. They are in the plot, for many people this can be a big reason not to like it. Although I also noticed these flaws, I still liked Bleach. It is wonderful the style of the characters, the combat properties of the characters, the construction of the world and the music. I think that if someone helped Kubo with the written manga, and specifically with the plot, then maybe there would not be so many haters
May 24, 7:19 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to ExternalWorld
I completely agree with you that Bleach has amazing writing and character development, but I think there are a few reasons why some people might not enjoy it or might not have finished it. Firstly, the anime's pacing can be quite slow and uneven at times, which can make it hard to keep up with the story. Additionally, the filler arcs can be quite frustrating, especially if you're invested in the main storyline.

Another reason people might not like Bleach is that the characters can be quite one-dimensional at times. While some characters like Ichigo and Rukia have really compelling backstories, others like Orihime and Yasutora can feel a bit flat and lack depth.

Furthermore, some fans might not appreciate the anime's reliance on tropes and clichés. The "chosen hero" storyline, the "evil organization" villain, and the "hero's journey" arc can feel a bit overused and predictable.

Lastly, I think some fans might be put off by the anime's lack of consistency in terms of its tone and themes. At times, Bleach can be very serious and dark, while at other times it can be quite lighthearted and humorous. This can make it hard to get invested in the story.

However, I do agree that Bleach has some amazing writing and character development, especially when it comes to its portrayal of themes like friendship, sacrifice, and redemption. The relationships between the characters are often really well-developed and emotionally resonant, and the anime's exploration of its world and mythology is often fascinating.

Ultimately, I think Bleach is a bit of a polarizing anime, with some people loving it for its unique blend of action, drama, and fantasy elements, while others might find it too slow or predictable. But for those who do enjoy it, it's definitely an anime that rewards close attention and dedication.
@ExternalWorld

May 24, 7:27 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Volkos94
as much as I love Bleach, I can't deny that it has flaws. They are in the plot, for many people this can be a big reason not to like it. Although I also noticed these flaws, I still liked Bleach. It is wonderful the style of the characters, the combat properties of the characters, the construction of the world and the music. I think that if someone helped Kubo with the written manga, and specifically with the plot, then maybe there would not be so many haters
@Volkos94 I think that the hueco mundo arc and TYBW was where kubo started taking it up a notch tbf, he also stated he wished that he had done alot different, and hopefully this will apply with the

May 24, 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
NessieMAL said:
I think bleach had amazing writing and character development and it isnt talked ab enough

Because bleach isn’t well written and actually kinda mid thats why. Characters are good.

May 24, 7:45 AM
Aug 2023
I don’t really understand where you’re coming from? Bleach is one of the big 3 due to it being one of the most influential shonen series during the 2000s. Not only that but its new continuation (TYBW) was ranked number 1 on MAL for a while and currently shifts in and out of the top 10. I definitely wouldn’t define it as underrated. It’s certainly talked about more than most ~20 year old series.
May 24, 7:49 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Cyrose
NessieMAL said:

Because bleach isn’t well written and actually kinda mid thats why. Characters are good.
@Cyrose You can't just throw out the word mid with no reason behind it, Bleach was well written and it shows off in the hueco mundo arc all the way up until the end, the beginning wasn't supposed to explain everything to you off the bat, there was many things Ichigo didn't even know about himself until the Fake Karakura Town arc that were crucial to the story.

The only thing mid that would make sense is the pace of the story changing a lot but after the the hueco mundo arc was coming to a close it started to be way more consistent, Bleach isn't Naruto where a lot of things are explained and you can just sit there and understand everything, you have to pay attention.

with the last remark, I totally agree they all had very good writing behind them.

May 24, 7:56 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Axaban
I don’t really understand where you’re coming from? Bleach is one of the big 3 due to it being one of the most influential shonen series during the 2000s. Not only that but its new continuation (TYBW) was ranked number 1 on MAL for a while and currently shifts in and out of the top 10. I definitely wouldn’t define it as underrated. It’s certainly talked about more than most ~20 year old series.
@Axaban sadly the only time its massively talked about and credited is when someone brings it up in a argument or a big conversation, One piece and Naruto are way more talked about and its not even close, Bleach deserves alot more recognition that what it gets but people like easy to understand anime more like Naruto or One piece where everything is thoroughly explained instead of being things that get revealed late or barely covered.

Bleach has amazing writing and its not like I havent tried OP or Naruto, I tried both first and never could get with it, Bleach on the other hand was the shine of light in the dark room to me.

May 24, 8:20 AM
Jun 2021
NessieMAL said:
@ExternalWorld

I understand your points, but I have to respectfully disagree with many of your arguments. While it's true that Bleach has some similarities with other shonen anime, I think it's unfair to dismiss its flaws as simply being a result of genre conventions.

Regarding Ichigo's character development, I think it's hard to argue that his abilities are more nuanced than people give him credit for when he's essentially a self-insert protagonist who gets stronger through sheer determination and power-ups. And Aizen's comments about Ichigo's abilities being planned don't necessarily add depth to his character - it just feels like a convenient plot device.

I also think you're being too generous with the attention to detail in character development. While some characters do have unique personalities and backstories, many of them feel like cardboard cutouts compared to the more complex characters in other anime series.

And as for Orihime, I think you're being too kind - her character development is basically non-existent, and she's often relegated to damsel-in-distress roles.

Overall, I think Bleach is a series that has some great moments and characters, but it's ultimately brought down by its poor pacing, lack of consistency, and underdeveloped characters. It's not worth defending just because it's part of the shonen genre - it needs to stand on its own merits.
May 24, 8:20 AM
Jul 2022
I honestly believe it's the excess of non canon episodes... I don't mind them, but I do know a bunch of people who stopped due to these episodes.
May 24, 8:29 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to paomiau90
I honestly believe it's the excess of non canon episodes... I don't mind them, but I do know a bunch of people who stopped due to these episodes.
@paomiau90 there is alot of non canon episodes but I mean you can also just skip it lol

May 24, 9:12 AM
Apr 2022
probably the extremely slow pacing
May 24, 9:41 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Tulleha
probably the extremely slow pacing
@Tulleha only for the first 2 arcs lmao

May 24, 9:57 AM
Mar 2023
Cuz it's mid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
May 24, 10:09 AM

Jul 2010
Fillers may be the main problem or new fans are just used to 12 episodes format.
May 24, 10:13 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Shinpei106
Cuz it's mid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
@Shinpei106 not an answer, I may be mistaken but I don't see any evidence of you proving to me how its mid, also if its so mid why did u rate tybw and the original series a 9? hmmm idk man sounds like you don't know what ur saying. 🥱

May 24, 10:14 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Vampire_Lord
Fillers may be the main problem or new fans are just used to 12 episodes format.
@Vampire_Lord
probably that and most people don't want to take the time to pay attention to detail instead of everything being explained to them.

May 24, 10:17 AM
Jun 2023
Probably slow pacing in starting arcs, too many fillers and animation issues (og series).
May 24, 10:22 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Thk9225
Probably slow pacing in starting arcs, too many fillers and animation issues (og series).
@Thk9225 tbf slow pacing arcs in the beginning are very popular things that other big animes have but people don't complain.

Fillers is odd too when you consider OP have 94 and Naruto having 90 with shippuden having 200+.

animation issues is not much of an answer, the only thing that would make sense is the style.

May 24, 11:06 AM
Oct 2022
It's weird that not many people talk about or have seen Bleach when so many animes got their inspiration from it with Tokyo Ghoul, Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen to be a few examples.
May 24, 11:08 AM
Feb 2023
Cuz the beginning is mid and you can only start to enjoy it get into it by soul society, way to much filler and filler arcs suck, arancar arc was long but the first part with the x espadas was kinda yikes and fullbringer arc was good and bad, and compared to 1000 year the animation ain’t really there
May 24, 12:09 PM
Nov 2022
Coz not everyone's taste same After Soul society it was Mid for me And Tybw arc was so good to me . ( fullbringer arc was also good )
May 24, 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
its old and it has many episodes so new fans rather watch new shows aka recency bias
May 24, 12:23 PM

Mar 2018
It just feels like a fight simulator similar to demon slayer even if it's marginally better. Kubo just introduces characters then tosses them in the trash when they finish fighting.

Very little long term story telling relative to how long it is so it just doesn't feel as fulfilling as better things. Nothing about it is really awful, but not being bad doesn't mean it's amazing it means it's just kind of good for what it is
My safe space is in my futa mommy's arms
May 24, 12:46 PM

Apr 2021
my reason is that for me bleach its a story driven mostly by its action, the battles tend to push the plot forward most of the times, which for me its really boring. I find really boring having to watch 10 eps straight of just fighting or battles. So when i am bored, its hard to pay attention on the good things of the anime.
May 24, 12:57 PM
Mar 2024
cuz it's made by studio pierrot 🥰
May 24, 1:02 PM

Jul 2020
cuz they don't wanna admit to themselves that Bleach is by far the best show out of the big 3
May 24, 1:07 PM

Feb 2024
Obviously, why would I watch Blitch if I watched Naruto as a child? I think these anime are quite similar in concept to each other and there is no point in watching
May 24, 1:10 PM
Mar 2023
Inexplicable said:
cuz they don't wanna admit to themselves that Bleach is by far the best show out of the big 3

One piece is 100 times better than bleach 🤣🤣🤣🤣
May 24, 1:17 PM
Apr 2022
NessieMAL said:

there's only 4 arcs in the og bro
May 24, 1:21 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to michal_b
cuz it's made by studio pierrot 🥰
@_avis someone didnt see tybw

May 24, 1:22 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to Tulleha
NessieMAL said:

there's only 4 arcs in the og bro
@Tulleha uhh no?
1 Agent of the Shinigami Arc 1- 20
2 Soul Society: The Sneak Entry Arc 21 - 41
3 Soul Society: The Rescue Arc 42 - 63
4 Arrancar: The Arrival Arc 110 - 131
5 Arrancar: The Hueco Mundo Sneak Entry Arc 132 - 151
6 Arrancar: The Fierce Fight Arc 152 - 167
7 Arrancar vs. Shinigami Arc 190 - 205
8 The Past Arc 206 - 212
9 Arrancar: Decisive Battle of Karakura Arc 213 - 229
10 Arrancar: Downfall Arc 266 - 316
11 The Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc 343 - 366

May 24, 1:26 PM
Apr 2022
NessieMAL said:
@Tulleha uhh no?
1 Agent of the Shinigami Arc 1- 20
2 Soul Society: The Sneak Entry Arc 21 - 41
3 Soul Society: The Rescue Arc 42 - 63
4 Arrancar: The Arrival Arc 110 - 131
5 Arrancar: The Hueco Mundo Sneak Entry Arc 132 - 151
6 Arrancar: The Fierce Fight Arc 152 - 167
7 Arrancar vs. Shinigami Arc 190 - 205
8 The Past Arc 206 - 212
9 Arrancar: Decisive Battle of Karakura Arc 213 - 229
10 Arrancar: Downfall Arc 266 - 316
11 The Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc 343 - 366

bro first of all you added all the filler arcs which no one is going to watch

and secondly your breaking down the main arcs into smaller arcs. here's the actual list imo

1. Soul society arc
2. Arrancar arc
3. fullbringer arc
4. tybw arc
May 24, 1:46 PM

May 2021
I actually like Bleach quite a bit but it's on my hold list after 80 episodes. I decided I wanted to give the show a shot front to back watching all of the filler. I made it about half way through the Bounts and I had to stop. I'm weirdly motivated to watch every episode an anime has to offer. I did that to myself lol. If I was watching weekly it would've been a different story, but watching all of these years later it is truly like being stuck in the mud. I'll come back to it eventually and watch it all, but I just don't have that in me right now.

May 24, 1:58 PM
May 2015
Because it’s one of the worst battle shonen out there? Ridiculously bloated and poorly written cast of characters, constant shallow action with no narrative variety, and awful storytelling and world building. The only reason people like the series at all is because it has a great art style and great character designs.
May 24, 3:25 PM
Jan 2021
Maybe if it wasn’t completely terrible in every single category then it won’t be the most dropped of all time
May 24, 3:52 PM

Aug 2018
One of the reasons is probably due to the filler arcs, not to mention that the show itself is hundreds of episodes long.
May 24, 5:48 PM
Mar 2024
I always try not to be disingenuous when it comes to my favorite anime & put all biased aside & recognize its flaws & bleach definitely has it’s fair share, a lot of people already mentioned most of them,the pacing,filler,and of course the slow start nonetheless there’s a reason why it’s in my top 10 anime of all time & no matter what I will forever love this anime
Det_Uchiha_10May 24, 5:52 PM
May 24, 5:53 PM
May 2023
Inexplicable said:

Be honest with yourself bro, Yk that’s not true😂
May 24, 6:29 PM
Jun 2021
Volkos94 said:

ye but so does every anime especially in the big three
May 24, 9:07 PM
Oct 2023
bleach purest gold that i consume, writing, plotting and then plot twist of bleach all are peak, i agree starting 30 Episode was boring but it get better and better after 263, I was literally watch 14 Episode per day
May 24, 9:34 PM
Jun 2016
ExternalWorld said:

Great and based answer my man. Here's your star 🌟
May 24, 9:51 PM

Feb 2017
As for me i think the characters or story not fun enough. I watch bleach just until ichigo winning battle with rukia's brother.
I don't have any problem watching one piece including with the filler so i doubt the pace is the problem. The story and interraction also more fun. While in bleach... Idk i feels like too serious and everytime just about male char parts that get screen time unlike in one piece where both robin and nami get screen time and both of them also funny with their personality. In bleach case i like inoue but i heard people hate her.
-
-
May 24, 10:29 PM
Nov 2023
plot twists are better than other animes
its not choosen as big 3 just for fun its good only thing is it has more fillers nothing else
May 24, 10:31 PM
Nov 2023
Cyrose said:
NessieMAL said:

its not mid just go and see the rating of whole bleach and the recent thousand year blood and war u will get to know about mid and high animes
May 24, 10:33 PM
Nov 2023
Szpontaneous said:
It's weird that not many people talk about or have seen Bleach when so many animes got their inspiration from it with Tokyo Ghoul, Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen to be a few examples.

u said the truth broo everything after watching bleach seems similar somewhere
May 24, 10:34 PM
Nov 2023
Inexplicable said:

100% broo... u said the truth
May 24, 11:33 PM

Jun 2010
In anything, you can't expect every person to enjoy what you like, and it cannot be generalised to everyone based on that selected group.

Personally I have watched and read the series, and I enjoyed it. If someone says he/she like it, then we share the same sentiment. If another person says no, he does not like it. Then it's fine too. Let's hear about the whys - like, dislike, or neutral.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 71 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jul 3, 2009

17 by zyuna0 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 310 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dodara - Feb 22, 2011

148 by STUXXV »»
Yesterday, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rayyy - Mar 27, 2012

514 by kakashisballs »»
Sep 20, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnGeLZzZ - Mar 5, 2008

70 by Anik_Singha »»
Sep 20, 4:36 AM

» 1 Episode of Bleach A Day - 2024 Challenge

Pockeyy - Jan 1

42 by DaveHerder »»
Sep 20, 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.