Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 1:39 AM

Mar 2016
I started this manga very early on and I liked it a lot, but the weekly waiting for new chapters made me fall out of touch. I now have it on-hold and thinking of re-reading and catching up, but I don't want to get in a similar case. So, is it close to ending?
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
May 23, 1:55 AM

Dec 2020
Doesn't seem like it. Which chap are you on btw?
May 23, 2:07 AM
Jan 2022
Yes it'll probably end this year.
This was given on Google ↓
Manga author Minenami Ryo announced on Twitter this week that her Shounen no Abyss (Boy's Abyss) manga will end in 2024.
Im_BoyMay 23, 2:54 AM
May 23, 2:08 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to GeoXsf9
Doesn't seem like it. Which chap are you on btw?
@GeoXsf9 Aw sucks. Guess I'll have to wait more. On MAL it says I left it on 86 but I don't remember if that's accurate. It was around the timeskip.
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
May 23, 3:31 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Im_Boy
Yes it'll probably end this year.
This was given on Google ↓
Manga author Minenami Ryo announced on Twitter this week that her Shounen no Abyss (Boy's Abyss) manga will end in 2024.
Im_Boy said:
Aye, that's true. We know the story has entered its climax, and the manga will end in 2024. We just don't know how many chapters are left.

However, @reneansum, if you are not sure whether to continue reading it or not, due to the reasons you mentioned earlier, I say you might wait until the manga is over and then start from where you left it, or restart your adventure with it by starting reading it anew, from the first chapter.

I have a feeling that you are interested in this manga, but not that much interested as a lot of folks who are waiting for each next chapter, haha. Waiting weekly for a new chapter, which usually can be finished reading very quickly, is intriguing, but might be annoying at times, not gonna lie. That's why, I think you can wait and then decide how to read it (from ch. 1 or from the chapter at which you stopped reading it in the past). The decision will be yours, but if I were you, I think that would be a better option. Definitely more entertaining than, let's say, catching up with the latest chapters and waiting until the story is over by waiting a week or more for a new chapter to drop.
May 23, 4:58 AM
Jun 2021
According to the latest updates from the manga's author, the series has been ongoing for quite some time, and while there hasn't been an official announcement on the ending just yet, it's likely that the series will continue for a while longer.

In fact, the author has mentioned in recent interviews that they have a rough outline of the story's progression and are planning to continue the series for at least another year or two.

However, it's worth noting that the manga's publication schedule has been somewhat inconsistent over the past year, with some periods of longer breaks between chapters. This might be due to various factors, such as the author's workload, health issues, or other commitments.

To mitigate your concerns and avoid falling out of touch again, you might consider setting up a notification system on MyAnimeList or following the manga's official social media accounts to stay updated on new chapter releases. You could also consider re-reading and catching up in smaller chunks rather than waiting for the entire series to conclude.

Lastly, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on fan translations and scanlations if you're concerned about the wait between official chapters. These can help you stay up-to-date with the story while still supporting the official release.
May 23, 2:57 PM

Dec 2020
reneansun said:
@GeoXsf9 Aw sucks. Guess I'll have to wait more. On MAL it says I left it on 86 but I don't remember if that's accurate. It was around the timeskip.

U gotta read almost 100 chaps to catch up

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 178 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 12

1 by GeoXsf9 »»
Jun 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 177 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 5

3 by Adnash »»
Jun 7, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 173 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 17

6 by generic_stuff »»
May 29, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 176 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 22

6 by Oet »»
May 25, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 175 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 15

7 by Chufal »»
May 22, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.