Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
This is L'antica. Their MV was very cool, especially in the final scene where they performed under the heavy rain.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 12, 5:07 PM
Nov 2011
Ahh... I've had my "ばいー" fill this week. Thank you Koggers.
Apr 13, 3:12 AM
Jan 2023
AkeZZZ said:
This is L'antica. Their MV was very cool, especially in the final scene where they performed under the heavy rain.

How were they able to add pyrotechnics when they filmed the MV in a middle of a thunderstorm? 🤣
Apr 13, 5:31 AM
Apr 2013
EP 2

So yeah ep 2
Mostly focused on antica, though we still dont know much. The girls are actually quite cute.
That being said still plenty more eps to go. Some interesting shots this time as well

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has issues trying to remember their names. Oof
Apr 13, 10:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The instrumental is an actual banger. A real metal cover of that would be so sick. Good episode. A bit predictable but fun. I'm still taking in all the different character names, outfit designs, and names lol.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 14, 5:34 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this show is very clearly aimed almost exclusively at the existing gacha audience. Little attempt is being made to actually introduce all these characters they're throwing at us, instead just going through plot beats with a clear expectation that we already know who these people are: basically all we're actually getting of substance about these characters is name cards on screen (not as though it's easy to pick up 16 new names on the fly) and their unit names and logos every time they appear. It's not as egregious as Million Live and its 40+ characters in this regard, but it's still pretty alienating to someone like me unfamiliar with these characters.
AtavisticApr 14, 5:48 AM
Apr 14, 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Atavistic said:
Yeah, this show is very clearly aimed almost exclusively at the existing gacha audience. Little attempt is being made to actually introduce all these characters they're throwing at us, instead just going through plot beats with a clear expectation that we already know who these people are: basically all we're actually getting of substance about these characters is name cards on screen (not as though it's easy to pick up 16 new names on the fly) and their unit names and logos every time they appear. It's not as egregious as Million Live and its 40+ characters in this regard, but it's still pretty alienating to someone like me unfamiliar with these characters.

I feel the same way. It’s like we were thrown into an anime that’s already had multiple episodes or a prior season. Hope we learn about the characters like we did in other Idolm@sters, ‘cause as of now, I’m not attached to any of them :/
Apr 15, 4:14 AM
Apr 2022
CGDCT CGI slickness.

Well done episode budget animation wise.
Apr 20, 1:17 PM

Nov 2009
The animation or the graphic aren't bad, they're pretty smooth.

The only issue as some mentioned is... they sorta jump us into things with barely any introduction like episode 2 is already episode 8 or something, lol.

They're trying to assume people will be connected to the characters by putting in early drama instead of the early days "happiness and hope daily life Idol introductions"

But this isn't that bad, this is actually similar to how "Live Action Drama" tends to start out their series.

And it's also a change of pace, since most early Idolmaster series all had episodic intros, they wanted to make series more unique feel and doesn't just stay with the same formula (even if those formula tends to work anyways, lol)

BTW, Chiyuki reminds me of someone... hmm...
amlgApr 20, 1:36 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 21, 5:41 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was good.

Kogane best girl by far, so far.
Yuika is 2nd best, she is cute.
I couldn't give a damn about any of the other 3 girls lol

The models are great but the overall CGI is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worst than Million Live, there it was peak. Thanksfully tho, this one manages maintains said peak CGI when it's live time.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Yesterday

0 by AkeZZZ »»
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

» Presidents face

EveyScarlett - May 30

2 by Lavenlar »»
May 30, 8:08 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 24

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
May 25, 11:41 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 5 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 3

7 by LosTakeover »»
May 24, 3:00 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 17

4 by amlg »»
May 18, 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.