Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Autistic psycho (that sounds horrible. I don't mean autism as a insult)
Apr 4, 11:19 PM
Dec 2021
Ik this is super random (it's 2am) but I was thinking that, as a autistic person, Mob has a lot of the similar qualities. What do you think? Is he on the spectrum or do I need to go to sleep?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 11:55 PM
Jul 2022
TASM18 said:
Ik this is super random (it's 2am) but I was thinking that, as a autistic person, Mob has a lot of the similar qualities. What do you think? Is he on the spectrum or do I need to go to sleep?

Both. Good night!
Apr 4, 11:57 PM
Feb 2018
No. He has been living his life holding back because he is too powerful and could hurt people. That's about it.
Apr 5, 12:03 AM
Oct 2020
Well in my opinion it could be asperger syndrom.

But it doesnt look like full on "classic" autism.
Apr 5, 12:10 AM
Nov 2019
He's not autistic. He just doesn't show much emotions due to having to hold back his power.
Apr 5, 12:15 AM
Jan 2023
Yes actually I think he is.
Apr 5, 12:49 AM
Nov 2022
Introvert or being to yourself does not amount to autism, Can’t believe people are actually agreeing with this.
Apr 5, 1:04 AM
Jun 2023
Mob was just introverted and shy. As the show went on he started to connect with others and slowly started coming out of his shell. He wasn’t autistic
Apr 5, 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
👉 Every anime protagonist is autistic.
Apr 5, 1:26 AM
Apr 2022
I think it's a guy who doesn't fit well in the society he live
Apr 5, 1:31 AM
Aug 2023
I'm autistic and I guess it is probably (80%) yes
Apr 5, 1:32 AM
Aug 2023
roly1002 said:

I agree probably Asperger
Apr 5, 1:43 AM
Jan 2023
i have a theory where in the Mob Psycho world autism are powers
Apr 5, 1:50 AM
Mar 2021
Well, any mental diagnosis is technically true if someone shows all the symptoms for it and the symptoms don't line up with other possible conditions.

Basically, if you think he acts exactly like someone with autism (and know what you're talking about) then you can basically assume he is. It just may not be stated in the show itself.
Apr 5, 2:58 AM
Oct 2022
as an autistic myself I can tell you he doesn't really act autistic only really insecure (at least that's what I think)
Apr 5, 3:51 AM
Dec 2019
No he is not, please stop saing things you don't know
Apr 5, 4:21 AM

Jan 2012
if you go on tumblr that seems to be the main headcanon for him. ive read some persuasive posts on there for it.
Apr 5, 5:02 AM
Dec 2015
Boring ahh, whenever I see him I think about the normal SpongeBob episode, 100% he is, the most anticlimactic show I’ve ever seen bleh
Apr 5, 6:03 AM
Aug 2021
roly1002 said:

Well, asperger falls into the autistic spectrum, so they are the same thing. But as you might already heard some where, it is called an "spectrum" because it is not the same for everyone. So, people with asperger are just autistic people that are "useful" to society, according to society norms and its dark history (WW2).

And going back to the question, I have no idea. As many people say, maybe he is just shy and introverted.
MayonaApr 5, 6:12 AM
Apr 5, 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
he's definitely slightly neurodivergent, but also emotionally repressed.
Apr 5, 7:39 AM
Apr 2023
why does it matter?

some people say he is without providing much proof of anything

some people say he isn't without providing much proof of anything

the facts are mostly agreed upon: it's never mentioned in the show explicitly, mob is shy and emotionally repressed, and so on and so fourth

none of the facts change weather he is autistic or not; you can be shy without being autistic and you can be shy and autistic

my answer to the question "why does it matter?" is that representation is important. but representation doesn't need to be explicit nor unambiguous nor universally agreed upon. if you watch mob and don't think he's autistic, that's a valid interpretation of the story. if you do think he is autistic, that's also completely valid. what matters is that you explain why it matters. maybe you, unlike me, don't care that much about representation, but care more about how the relationships in the show are affected by mob's autism.

so, what does it matter? what does it affect in the story? what interesting conversations can be had if it's true? because it's true enough that you can have those conversations.

as an aside, you can have an interesting discussion on symptoms of autism and Mob, but this thread isn't that discussion. it's just some people saying yes, some people saying no, and sometimes potentially relevant examples that aren't explained so they are irrelevant.
Apr 5, 7:41 AM

Jan 2009
sure but his case is mild or he is not dysfunctional
Apr 5, 8:47 AM

Aug 2014
Bro probably has never seen autists and how they act. I've seen and met some back in school days and trust me, Mob doesn't act like them at all.
Apr 5, 10:12 AM
Dec 2021
GTRaijin said:
Bro probably has never seen autists and how they act. I've seen and met some back in school days and trust me, Mob doesn't act like them at all.

there are different sides of being autistic with differing symptoms. Hence the name autism spectrum
Apr 5, 10:13 AM
Dec 2021
chekohakurei said:
i have a theory where in the Mob Psycho world autism are powers

I can't lie that sounds so fire
Apr 5, 10:16 AM
Aug 2023
Nah, not really..
Apr 5, 10:18 AM

Aug 2014
TASM18 said:
GTRaijin said:

there are different sides of being autistic with differing symptoms. Hence the name autism spectrum

So being shy and socially awkward is autism?
Apr 5, 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
He is def Autism coded at least
Apr 5, 2:18 PM
Apr 2019
He isn’t and I bet you aren’t either
Apr 5, 2:20 PM
Apr 2019
GTRaijin said:
TASM18 said:

Exactly, all these young people thinking they are autistic or something just so they not a normal white person
Apr 5, 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
Todday said:
GTRaijin said:

Exactly, all these young people thinking they are autistic or something just so they not a normal white person

Idk tf they are trying to prove. I experienced first-hand how autistic people act since I had some classmates back in highschool who were autistic and you could see at first glance that they aren't behaving like normal people sadly. Mob in this case is just a shy and socially awkward person and that is about it.
Apr 5, 5:41 PM
Mar 2024
I personally believe he is. Even outside of psychic powers, he often had trouble understanding social cues.
Apr 5, 7:55 PM
Mar 2021
u r so real!!!!!!! i also believe he is:)) speak ur truth and don’t let any1 silence u . /srs
Apr 5, 8:25 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
No, but it's a popular thing nowadays to try to pigeonhole characters into specifi identities. So, who knows, maybe he's also a communist.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 5, 9:24 PM
Dec 2021
yourlocal_bee said:
u r so real!!!!!!! i also believe he is:)) speak ur truth and don’t let any1 silence u . /srs

thank youuuu. and you have Lain in your favorite anime? automatic friend request
Apr 5, 9:27 PM
Nov 2023
yes, it might not be on purpose but he does read as autistic, hope people don't take this personal as if it was bad for him to be👍🏻
Apr 5, 11:44 PM
May 2022
I really think that people are digging too deep into this. Have you guys ever considered that maybe not every socially awkward person is autistic?
Apr 6, 3:38 AM
Mar 2021
Mob in the beginning has very low self esteem despite his powers which is part of the reason he acts like he initially does. But given this, the fact he didn’t rely on his powers to boost his ego shows a massive amount of humility and his low self esteem is something that is overcome, not being to concerned about getting rejected in the end.
Apr 6, 4:02 AM
Nov 2021
Nope, he’s just bottled up his emotions for years
Apr 6, 6:20 AM

Nov 2020
prolly not autistic, showing emotions is kinda bad for obvious reasons. without showing emotions it was prolly impossible to make friends and that maybe why hes socially awkward.
Apr 6, 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
from the flashbacks, I don't think he was autistic. Like people mentioned earlier, he's had to repress his emotions for so long that he's just awkward.

As to the Aspergers posts... as of the DSM-V, it's all autism spectrume disorder. I was diagnosed with aspergers, but I just outright tell people I'm autistic cause Aspergers isn't a diagnosis anymore. (at least in places that use the DSM)
Apr 6, 9:25 AM
Feb 2024
He definitely is autistic.
His psychic powers could be seen as a metaphor for autism. Mob has trouble showing and handling strong emotions and that leads to him having emotional outbursts (hitting 100%).
Apr 6, 3:45 PM
Sep 2022
He is 100% autistic coded

its not just not understanding social ques or being awkward his very way of thinking is very much relatable to the way autistic people think.
Apr 6, 3:50 PM
Apr 2019
Could be because the emotions trapped inside him
Apr 6, 5:25 PM
Dec 2021
all anime characters are autistic
Apr 6, 7:34 PM
Dec 2023
TASM18 said:

Bro, no offense but not every character ever is autistic. Mob is literally a dude holding back emotion, he is **not** autistic
Apr 6, 10:00 PM
Jan 2024
roly1002 said:

ESPerger syndrome lmao
Apr 7, 12:14 AM
Apr 2023
BatoKusanagi said:
No, but it's a popular thing nowadays to try to pigeonhole characters into specifi identities. So, who knows, maybe he's also a communist.

went through and reread this whole post but replaced autist with communist and asbergers with Marxist, honestly none of the arguments got any better or worse. so I say he's an autistic gay stealth transmasc enby communist/anarchist who gets his powers from intersectionality

now ofc this is just my interpretation so if you think he's just some centrist cishet neurotypical guy, that's just your interpretation and it affects me as much as my interpretation affects you. and would you look at that! now all meaningfull discourse has been made impossible!

and before anyone mentions he's in love with a girl so can't be gay: watch Bob & Rose
Apr 7, 1:22 AM
Apr 2022
Probs autism 1. I'm autistic and I can see it. Also "he just had to keep his emotions hidden deep down so it's not autism", you might wanna think about masking as a trait of autism. There's never gonna be enough info to clearcut say whether he is or isn't but my vote is yes.
Apr 7, 1:36 AM
Apr 2022
and like I said, no one here could say 100% yes or no. This post's about how we identify specific traits as autistic. Like there's those going to school with autistic people, I agree that he's not gonna be ASD2 or 3 because for one thing there's no uncontrolled stimming that we see in the show which is often a telltale sign for 2 or 3. It's also true that a person can be reserved in emotion and shy and not be autistic just as much as it's true that being "shy" and "reserved" are ways some people describe autistic traits because it's how they can sometimes present (there may be a lot more going on in the brain than just shyness or being reserved and this is not to say all people with autism, as many have said, it's a spectrum and there are numerous presentations) my vote is still yes because he reminds me of me and I'm autistic and if you think he's not then that's totally fine too. I just identify with his traits which I relate for myself to autism
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

211 by LunaLov »»
Yesterday, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

413 by JakubXI »»
Sep 23, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

281 by KakashiHunter99 »»
Sep 15, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

279 by cataclysmic-x »»
Sep 9, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

408 by Sidt99 »»
Aug 27, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.