Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 8:21 AM

Jul 2021
Never back down Rou!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 28, 10:37 PM

Oct 2016
I like this manga so far. Although, I still don't understand why Rou's sister couldn't pursue figure skating as well. The way the story is written made it seem like they (The mom and Rou) had to "sacrifice" the sister's future in favor of Rou becoming a figure skater because "Loving the sport isn't enough", so they picked the sibling with the best skills. Once the sister's own dream was over, she started living it out through Rou, hence why she's so upset about him refusing to return (to figure skating). But...why though? I don't recall the manga mentioning her having some type of injury or illness preventing her from competing. So why, exactly, can't she pursue figure skating herself? Did I miss something?
Apr 8, 4:49 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Yudesei
I like this manga so far. Although, I still don't understand why Rou's sister couldn't pursue figure skating as well. The way the story is written made it seem like they (The mom and Rou) had to "sacrifice" the sister's future in favor of Rou becoming a figure skater because "Loving the sport isn't enough", so they picked the sibling with the best skills. Once the sister's own dream was over, she started living it out through Rou, hence why she's so upset about him refusing to return (to figure skating). But...why though? I don't recall the manga mentioning her having some type of injury or illness preventing her from competing. So why, exactly, can't she pursue figure skating herself? Did I miss something?
@Yudesei Their mother probably could only afford to support one of them, financially. It just makes more sense to support the one with the greater potential.
Apr 11, 4:07 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to Jenguin
@Yudesei Their mother probably could only afford to support one of them, financially. It just makes more sense to support the one with the greater potential.
@Jenguin I thought about that, but it's still weird. Or, rather, I can understand the mom's mindset, but not the sister's.
The way they phrased it was that the sister's future (as a figure skater) was sacrificed in favor of Rou's future, as if the sister had to give up on her dream, which is absurd. Yes, chasing her own dream would have to wait (possibly because of financial problems), but giving it up completely? Why? She even threw away her skates (Or at least put them away somewhere. Regardless, she seemingly stopped skating).
Now Rou is banned from competing. but instead of pursuing figure skating herself, she's desperate to get Rou back into figure skating. Isn't figure skating her passion and her dream? Then why won't she fight for it? Why did she just give up, as if only one sibling could ever be a figure skater?
At this point, it doesn't seem to be about the money. The sister is outright refusing to pursue figure skating, and then threw a temper tantrum when Rou told her to stop trying to live her dream through him. Or was he wrong about figure skating being her passion?
I just don't get her mindset. It's (supposedly) her dream, so she should fight for it, not try to live it through Rou as if it's his responsibility to make her dream come true.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dogsred Chapter 25 Discussion

otakuweek - May 29

1 by ArtemisSato »»
Jun 2, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Dogsred Chapter 24 Discussion

StregAnna77 - Apr 25

0 by StregAnna77 »»
Apr 25, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Dogsred Chapter 23 Discussion

GrandstarKai - Apr 11

0 by GrandstarKai »»
Apr 11, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Dogsred Chapter 22 Discussion

GrandstarKai - Mar 31

0 by GrandstarKai »»
Mar 31, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dogsred Chapter 20 Discussion

CQLLIST - Mar 21

0 by CQLLIST »»
Mar 21, 8:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.