Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 7:34 AM
Nov 2021
As the topic suggests what are the odds we will get a second season...
The first season was very good in my opinion, a very wholesome slice of life rom-commy anime with lovable characters.
I can't decide whether to wait or read the manga.
Feb 29, 7:47 AM
Jan 2024
im sry to say but most romcom or slice of life doesn't get season 2 😓 I do hope it gets one but still
Feb 29, 8:06 AM
Feb 2022
it was intristing anime for sure
Feb 29, 8:09 AM
May 2022
The studio behind this adaptation, P.A. Works, is pretty notorious for not doing sequels. I would say read the manga on this because it is pretty great and unlikely to get a second season unless another studio picks it up. And I don’t know how likely that is.
Feb 29, 8:11 AM
Sep 2021
I have no idea to be honest. it all depends on the sales of the manga in Japan. I hope we get a season 2. it was an interesting anime. But yeah keep an eye on the sales if you want to get a more broader idea on if its possible we get a season 2
Feb 29, 8:55 AM
Apr 2023
Fenyy said:
I have no idea to be honest. it all depends on the sales of the manga in Japan. I hope we get a season 2. it was an interesting anime. But yeah keep an eye on the sales if you want to get a more broader idea on if its possible we get a season 2

well on mal it has a rating of 8. something so I hope it gets a s2
Feb 29, 9:17 AM
Feb 2018
Manga is very good but loves to beat around the bush.
Feb 29, 9:36 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to _Sanchay
Fenyy said:

@_Sanchay mal score mean nothing to the market because it's no indication of sales whatsoever and a series need sales to be successful. To measure the success of a series you need three parameters 1) original material boost sale (what it was prior and after the airing) 2) Blu Ray sales because for Japanese producers it's their measure to know how a series is successful locally and just like with merch for late night anime it's part of the game regardless how it performs in royalty 3) who are the producers and who weight more in the production committee to take the decision for example Date a Live it's a Chinese company who produce the mobile game and not kadokawa like in the earliest season that explains the recent drop of material in the last few years since the season 3.
Feb 29, 10:18 AM
Apr 2023
Otakupervert890 said:
@_Sanchay mal score mean nothing to the market because it's no indication of sales whatsoever and a series need sales to be successful. To measure the success of a series you need three parameters 1) original material boost sale (what it was prior and after the airing) 2) Blu Ray sales because for Japanese producers it's their measure to know how a series is successful locally and just like with merch for late night anime it's part of the game regardless how it performs in royalty 3) who are the producers and who weight more in the production committee to take the decision for example Date a Live it's a Chinese company who produce the mobile game and not kadokawa like in the earliest season that explains the recent drop of material in the last few years since the season 3.

no I understand all that but what I mean is that mal has a very toxic system for rating animes like FMB so in short if this got 8.13 rating on mal it should perform well in Japan also.

But then again it is not like I am a citizen of Japan so I don't know how exactly the Anime industry works there but I get what you are trying to say.
Feb 29, 12:08 PM
Sep 2021
_Sanchay said:
Fenyy said:

mal scores doesn't mean anything. it's all about how much money it's made. Japan literally couldn't care less about stats from the west.

that's why you see terrible animes that have like 5 rating but multiple seasons and some that are highly rated but only have 1 season. if the manga sells well, they make a season. if the season does well in Japan AND more importantly, the next sequel of manga volumes sell well, then they make a second season and so forth
FenyyFeb 29, 12:13 PM
Feb 29, 12:08 PM
Sep 2022
anything under P.A. works never get season 2 💀
Feb 29, 12:16 PM
Apr 2023
Fenyy said:
_Sanchay said:

mal scores doesn't mean anything. it's all about how much money it's made. Japan literally couldn't care less about stats from the west.

that's why you see terrible animes that have like 5 rating but multiple seasons and some that are highly rated but only have 1 season. if the manga sells well, they make a season. if the season does well in Japan AND more importantly, the next sequel of manga volumes sell well, then they make a second season and so forth

So, it is all about money.

Feb 29, 12:18 PM
Sep 2021
_Sanchay said:
Fenyy said:

So, it is all about money.

yup, everything in this world revolves around money. If you can't make a profit, don't do it, even if it benefits the world and the people with in it. that's the motto of the world we live in unfortunately.
Feb 29, 5:37 PM
Jul 2022
hi777 said:
im sry to say but most romcom or slice of life doesn't get season 2 😓 I do hope it gets one but still

I was amazed (but stoked) that Sugar Apple Fairy Tale got a S2 for this reason. It wasn’t popular here at all at least lol
Feb 29, 7:23 PM
Oct 2021
The manga is so good I am not even frustrated that there wont be a s2.
Go read the Manga!
Feb 29, 10:21 PM
Jan 2024
Honeypon said:
hi777 said:

I was amazed (but stoked) that Sugar Apple Fairy Tale got a S2 for this reason. It wasn’t popular here at all at least lol

they had planned it earlier ig cuz the difference between the release dates of both isn't much
Mar 2, 12:58 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Mr_Sai
anything under P.A. works never get season 2 💀
@Mr_Sai sadge only
Mar 2, 1:00 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to davi__
The manga is so good I am not even frustrated that there wont be a s2.
Go read the Manga!
@davi__ Oh this sounds good, reading all the replies I've decided to go ahead and will read the manga. Thinking of reading from the start rather than where anime left off
Mar 2, 3:27 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Honeypon
hi777 said:

@Honeypon it wasn't a season 2 it was a part 2 the whole show was a split cour like it's a lot occuring in the recent years. For example re: zero season 2 was split cour (2020 and 2021) , mushuku Tensei season 2 is a split cour and from last year Gundam mercury witch another split cour. Birdie Wing Golf Girl's story is technically a split cour but because it took a year for season 2 to drop there the point have some validity in not being a split cour.
Mar 3, 4:07 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to thermoquasi
@davi__ Oh this sounds good, reading all the replies I've decided to go ahead and will read the manga. Thinking of reading from the start rather than where anime left off
@thermoquasi They adaped everything pretty well I would say! 1 to 1. If you want start from chapter 24, I dont think you need to start from ch 0 because its literally the same thing in the anime but in manga, not even one scene got cut so yeah, read it if you really like manga I guess haha
Mar 9, 11:30 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to davi__
@thermoquasi They adaped everything pretty well I would say! 1 to 1. If you want start from chapter 24, I dont think you need to start from ch 0 because its literally the same thing in the anime but in manga, not even one scene got cut so yeah, read it if you really like manga I guess haha
@davi__ oh wow that is so good. Love such 1 to 1 adaptations. Such a good time to be alive lol.
May 21, 9:11 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to _Sanchay
Otakupervert890 said:

no I understand all that but what I mean is that mal has a very toxic system for rating animes like FMB so in short if this got 8.13 rating on mal it should perform well in Japan also.

But then again it is not like I am a citizen of Japan so I don't know how exactly the Anime industry works there but I get what you are trying to say.
@_Sanchay myanimelist doesn't have a toxic system for rating animes. It was a very good site until 2020. Calling FMB fans toxic when it's literally the most 1 rated anime on myanimelist is ironic. None barks on manga community why Berserk is no.1, none barks on web series community why Breaking Bad is no.1. It was alright for anime community also. But then some normies started to downvote FMAB to the point it now has 9.09 from 9.25. People didn't use to give their favorite animes 10/10 blindly before 2020/21. Compare ratings from before v/s now.
FMAB doesn't have the largest fandom and highest manga animes sales also(you're just making a fool of yourself thinking high rating = more fandom = more money), it was no.1 because it genuinely is a good show, one of the best animes(it doesn't have to the best anime to stay no.1, one of the best is enough).
May 21, 11:25 AM
Apr 2023
donotbotheralt said:
@_Sanchay myanimelist doesn't have a toxic system for rating animes. It was a very good site until 2020. Calling FMB fans toxic when it's literally the most 1 rated anime on myanimelist is ironic. None barks on manga community why Berserk is no.1, none barks on web series community why Breaking Bad is no.1. It was alright for anime community also. But then some normies started to downvote FMAB to the point it now has 9.09 from 9.25. People didn't use to give their favorite animes 10/10 blindly before 2020/21. Compare ratings from before v/s now.
FMAB doesn't have the largest fandom and highest manga animes sales also(you're just making a fool of yourself thinking high rating = more fandom = more money), it was no.1 because it genuinely is a good show, one of the best animes(it doesn't have to the best anime to stay no.1, one of the best is enough).

bro, what are you even yapping about? All I have said in the post is "The skip to loafer" should get a 2 season & it got even a good score on mal and then somebody just explained to me that mal score doesn't because in Japan they make the second season of an anime based on the profit they earned. For example:- Mappa said the chainsaw man didn't perform because they didn't have as much of a profit limit as jjk.

So, what are you even trying to say?
May 23, 9:57 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to _Sanchay
donotbotheralt said:

bro, what are you even yapping about? All I have said in the post is "The skip to loafer" should get a 2 season & it got even a good score on mal and then somebody just explained to me that mal score doesn't because in Japan they make the second season of an anime based on the profit they earned. For example:- Mappa said the chainsaw man didn't perform because they didn't have as much of a profit limit as jjk.

So, what are you even trying to say?
@_Sanchay "I mean is that mal has a very toxic system for rating animes like FMB so in short if this got 8.13 rating on mal it should perform well in Japan also"
Read these lines of yours and try to comprehend how stupid these lines are.
May 23, 11:00 PM
Apr 2023
donotbotheralt said:
@_Sanchay "I mean is that mal has a very toxic system for rating animes like FMB so in short if this got 8.13 rating on mal it should perform well in Japan also"
Read these lines of yours and try to comprehend how stupid these lines are.

ok but I will say this again, i didn't know about this so I said it as an assumption and then somebody just stated that it was wrong.

If you are saying, think about the stupid lines I wrote then again i will say that I said all those lines as a "assumption" so how can you say that it was stupid of me, I mean I don't know how anime industries work in Japan and that all.
May 28, 2:23 AM
May 2020
why make the first one if they’re never gonna continue it…. 😩
Jun 10, 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Man, the responses… Anyway, by March of this year, 2.3 million copies of the manga have been in circulation, and it won the Kodansha Manga Award last year, which is a really big deal. The anime won an animation award in China, but from what I’ve read, none in Japan. The manga’s continued success makes me think that we’ll get a second season in the future. Just gotta wait and see :)

More topics from this board

» Mika Egashira deserves more love imo

seroza23 - Jun 11

14 by KlBdv »»
Jun 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

233 by capyvaraw »»
Jun 14, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

120 by perseii »»
Jun 12, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

139 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2023

105 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.