Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
So we're going beyond the solar system now.
Jan 7, 1:29 AM

Oct 2010
very hype movie, there were some weird scene transitions here and there but that's in the manga too, still kinda funny.
Very emotional and the final fight was pretty intense, I had fun watching it.
Jan 9, 11:11 PM
Apr 2020
Not exactly 100% good, was rushed, then that unfitted voice of Galaxia as well, whatever happen for this selection I have no idea.
Jan 22, 12:37 PM
Oct 2022
this was way worse than Eternal part I, and after 3 scenes occurring on the same rooftop I started wondering why on Earth they can't meet up and discuss elsewhere? How many times do we need to see them on this rooftop??

Also Seyia going from normal dialogue to song during the rooftop scene with Usagi was a bit odd because they didn't bother to make a natural transition.
Apr 15, 11:43 AM
Jan 2017
I'm so satisfied to finally see a faithful adaptation... I'm totally biased, it has flaws too, but it's a must watch for both sailor moon manga and anime lovers!!! I enjoyed it way more than the moon circus movies
Aug 24, 9:20 PM

Jul 2022
Finally getting around to watching this, and man it's bad.

Sailor Stars is my favorite season of the '90s series, but I won't hold any of the story changes against this adaptation since it's supposed to be much closer to the manga than the original.

That being said, I cannot imagine using this version to introduce someone to the Sailor Moon franchise. I'd wager that the first ~20 minutes of this cover the first half of Sailor Stars with most things getting little or no explanation. I was completely lost for most of the runtime, and that's as someone that only recently watched the original version of a nearly identical story.

Speaking of runtime, the pacing here is all over the place. The first hour flew by because major characters were appearing and disappearing seemingly at random with zero motivation for the actions. It's also never clear what the characters know versus what the audience knows, as that knowledge seems to fluctuate depending on the needs of the plot. The final thirty minutes then proceeded to drag on, as I kept checking the progress bar to see how much time was left. All this so we can spend a full ninety minutes on the climactic battle (which is always the weakest part of any Sailor Moon arc)?

Last point I'll mention is that I watched the dub (I know, I know), and the characters talked as if they were in an episode of Speed Racer rather than Sailor Moon. I love the VA cast in the '90s VIZ dub as well as their work elsewhere, but something was just off with the direction here.

Really disappointing that this is what we get as our penultimate time with these characters. Here's hoping Part 2 is better.
Aug 25, 6:13 AM

Jan 2018
I appriciate the animation and performances but it really feels like a speed run of the manga. A 12 episode season would have helped pace it better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Cosmos Movie Episode 2 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jan 8

9 by ALEXxAMI »»
Aug 27, 7:28 PM

» Why is Cosmos listing on here not split into part 1/part 2 like the eternal movies?

Flowered_Moose - Jan 24

1 by WeaselManEatsPie »»
Mar 21, 10:30 PM

» Can someone translate this letter from the end of the movie?

Albi-kun - Jan 8

6 by Albi-kun »»
Jan 20, 10:39 AM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon to be a girlier series than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 18, 11:27 AM

» It's about to be done y'all ( 1 2 )

minmi_pen - Apr 29, 2022

59 by Ikano »»
Dec 31, 2023 10:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.