Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2023 11:32 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Does anyone know what is happening with the sequel? it was announced in 2021 and still has an official website: link and prominently displayed on the homepage too.

I remember there was a MAL page but it seems to be deleted. Do you think it was cancelled or just slow development

Sep 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Jun 2016
I've seen projects take longer to realize than this but it's still approaching vaporware levels at this point.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 20, 2023 12:45 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Reply to Theo1899
I've seen projects take longer to realize than this but it's still approaching vaporware levels at this point.
@Theo1899 I like to hope it's not abandoned, since the website is still being updated frequently. (Latest update? during this month and October, you can get code geass sake and other collaboration goods in Kyoto...)

but well, it's sunrise. the Gundam Seed sequel movie from like 2006 or whatever got announced again in 2021 so anything is possible.

vaporware though?! LOL it's a good way to describe the state of affairs.

Sep 20, 2023 5:20 AM
Dec 2022
quercifolia said:
Does anyone know what is happening with the sequel? it was announced in 2021 and still has an official website: link and prominently displayed on the homepage too.

I remember there was a MAL page but it seems to be deleted. Do you think it was cancelled or just slow development

Its in the realm of possibilities. Its possible that it is canceled or its possible that it will come out but not any time soon, regardless this story is going to not be having Lelouch as a main focus character.
Sep 21, 2023 4:51 AM
Jul 2022
itzswxzy said:
quercifolia said:

Its in the realm of possibilities. Its possible that it is canceled or its possible that it will come out but not any time soon, regardless this story is going to not be having Lelouch as a main focus character.

Yep. And as a fellow watcher said somewhere: "No Lelouch, no party" 😂
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
@MickDH seems very sad but more and more likely the longer it goes. especially if MAL deleted the entry entirely...

Well, I'll hold out hope, but... If there is no Lelouch, it probably won't hold much appeal. I remember that the idea of Lelouch surviving somehow used to be quite a popular trope in fanworks years ago, and I didn't mind it either. But these days it seems unpopular? Ah well.

Maybe in the future we will get a remake instead. That could be nice if they did it well, though the state of reboots in this day is... poor.. ahah

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

223 by anikevin »»
Aug 25, 6:42 PM

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

13 by Apratim »»
May 11, 11:14 PM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

AnimeJunki3 - Apr 19, 2021

35 by WNightfall »»
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM

» I'm confused after watching this ??

WVM - Nov 27, 2022

6 by WVM »»
Dec 4, 2022 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.