Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2023 2:08 PM
Mar 2019
None of the conflict amounts to anything but i still liked the series.
Aug 30, 2023 9:50 AM
May 2013
Feels like that's a problem for all of Touhou. If was really into the lore for some time and even read all the Mangas around a year ago, but one problem I noticed and couldn't un-notice afterwards was that ZUN never develops his characters.

He loves urban legends and mythology and comes up with very interesting backstories and lore for his characters. Then they get one game where their story happens, although sometimes even that doesn't amount to much, and from then on they remain static. Their stories are over, or were already over once their lore section was written, and now they'll just join the ever growing background cast.

The Manga tries to do stuff with the characters, but pretty much everything that happens is inconsequential hijinks meant to let ZUN rant about some mythological story or just another one of the million weird festivals Reimu keeps throwing at her shrine to attract prayers. These characters don't have a story, they enter and leave their conflicts unchanged and then go back to their drinking parties.

Still, I liked most of the anime. The last episode was a little disappointing and I don't appreciate the fanservice, but whatever. It's nice that this passion project can exist and that it's finally listed on MAL after getting it's page rejected for so many years.
Apr 12, 4:38 PM
Jul 2008
After 11 years it ended and at last appeared in MAL lol.

When did Marisa became Keine's student? I checked on the Wiki there's no mention about that.

Feels like the quality keeps degrading in every episode, the episode length also shortened from 16 to 12.

Overall is decent, some voice are not synced with the mouth when they talk.

Now only Tokine's anime is left. I don't follow Touhou anymore for a long time but the anime made me remember how I liked Touhou back then.

TheMadnils said:
He loves urban legends and mythology and comes up with very interesting backstories and lore for his characters. Then they get one game where their story happens, although sometimes even that doesn't amount to much, and from then on they remain static. Their stories are over, or were already over once their lore section was written, and now they'll just join the ever growing background cast.

That's what I feels too. Well he made the game to sell music not lore lol.
Aug 20, 6:01 AM
Aug 2022
Just I Love this Touhou!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gensou Mangekyou: The Memories of Phantasm Episode 1 Discussion

NeoCrow2 - May 17, 2023

7 by NakiKyoku »»
Sep 4, 4:34 PM

» no fucking way...

Ganji_No_Tensai - May 17, 2023

27 by YoshiKirishima »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Gensou Mangekyou: The Memories of Phantasm Episode 13 Discussion

SuperJohnDoe - Nov 6, 2023

0 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Nov 6, 2023 8:07 AM

» is episode 18 confirmed to be the last?

Mikarin_Enjoyer - Aug 2, 2023

1 by kizumi91 »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Gensou Mangekyou: The Memories of Phantasm Episode 9 Discussion

Gamorou - May 23, 2023

0 by Gamorou »»
May 23, 2023 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.