Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2023 3:01 PM
Feb 2023
Out of all the spring 2023 anime's, this show hurts me the most. Mainly because I think it could have been way better that it was. Still for some reason I just vibe with the show, and even though I haven't seen the final episode, I thoroughly enjoyed episode 11 a lot. My main question though is: "Does this show really deserve a 6.38." I know this series was a bit of a mess and that the animation kind of went up and down, but I feel like a show like this being under something like magical girl site, a show that was mediocre through and through, feels wrong. Am I missing something?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Mar 2020
imo Mahou Shoujo Site has a decent artstyle, while this one has some weird scenes (in the meaning of art and/or animation) at times. Plot-wise, I find Site more interesting and enganging than Destroyers, maybe because of a preference of the battle royale theme.

Something around a 6 score is not bad, "average" is a 5 so this one qualifies as "not average nor good". If you find it fun to watch, then it's good to hear! But as for me, I think the score is pretty much deserved. Not only for the ending, which I feel like it's rushed, but also for the overall feeling.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Jul 14, 2023 4:21 PM
Jan 2021
magical destroyers and mahou shoujo site are very different things, the only thing they share is magical girls, but they're radically different nonetheless so i wouldn't compare them.

this said, magical destroyers has been a big disappointment imo because it had in it the potential to do something interesting but they freackin wasted it.

mahou shoujo site was awesome and underrated imo, but these are two different shows so i don't want to compare them, but you get my point (hopefully).
Jul 14, 2023 4:42 PM
Nov 2021
kaiLXIV said:
magical destroyers and mahou shoujo site are very different things, the only thing they share is magical girls, but they're radically different nonetheless so i wouldn't compare them.

this said, magical destroyers has been a big disappointment imo because it had in it the potential to do something interesting but they freackin wasted it.

mahou shoujo site was awesome and underrated imo, but these are two different shows so i don't want to compare them, but you get my point (hopefully).

Very true
Magical Destroyers got so much potential and ruined it after episode 3
Although the animation was really good, the plot didn't follow and ended up being a huge disappointment

And same, I was surprised to see the score of Mahou Shoujo Site because I found the story really nice even if it was f**ked up a lot of times

And by your profile picture you probably follow Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete(a.k.a best magical girl manga to recently come out personally) and it's probably gonna be the best Magical Girl to come out if the animation follows
Really hope that they give their best for this masterpiece
Jul 15, 2023 12:35 AM
Jan 2021
NekoToChiru said:
kaiLXIV said:

Very true
Magical Destroyers got so much potential and ruined it after episode 3
Although the animation was really good, the plot didn't follow and ended up being a huge disappointment

And same, I was surprised to see the score of Mahou Shoujo Site because I found the story really nice even if it was f**ked up a lot of times

And by your profile picture you probably follow Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete(a.k.a best magical girl manga to recently come out personally) and it's probably gonna be the best Magical Girl to come out if the animation follows
Really hope that they give their best for this masterpiece

i'm really shocked (in a good way) that they're seriously making an anime adaptation of mahou shoujo ni akogarete.

let's only hope they don't fuck it up because the manga is godly 🛐
Jul 18, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2022
First it was a 7 for me but then the story started going nowhere, the animation got worse and the ending is just dissapointing. 6/10 is well deserved imo
Sep 27, 2023 10:10 AM
May 2019
Well I gave it a 10/10 personally. Very strong contender for AOTY.
Oct 17, 2023 2:12 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to BetterBegoneThot
imo Mahou Shoujo Site has a decent artstyle, while this one has some weird scenes (in the meaning of art and/or animation) at times. Plot-wise, I find Site more interesting and enganging than Destroyers, maybe because of a preference of the battle royale theme.

Something around a 6 score is not bad, "average" is a 5 so this one qualifies as "not average nor good". If you find it fun to watch, then it's good to hear! But as for me, I think the score is pretty much deserved. Not only for the ending, which I feel like it's rushed, but also for the overall feeling.
@BetterBegoneThot Do you even use this website dude? Whenever someone makes a post about being dissatisfied with the ratings of a show someone always has to mention "well 6 is not a bad its above average in fact". Every time I see this it pisses me off because that clearly is not how this website works.

In my experience of being an anime fan and using this website for years and as someone who keeps up with seasonal anime and their ratings I can confidently say that an "average" is when and anime gets 7.0 to about 7.5, "above average" being from 7.5 to about 8.2. Anything above that rating is almost always a must watch anime and anything below a 7.0 is 99% of the time not worth watching.

Of course this is how I see it from my experience and there are always outliers but this is the case most of the time. So please just stop saying 5 is an average so 6 should be an above average anime. That rating works in real world but this is MAL not real world.
Oct 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Mar 2020
RustyCookies said:
@BetterBegoneThot Do you even use this website dude? Whenever someone makes a post about being dissatisfied with the ratings of a show someone always has to mention "well 6 is not a bad its above average in fact". Every time I see this it pisses me off because that clearly is not how this website works.

In my experience of being an anime fan and using this website for years and as someone who keeps up with seasonal anime and their ratings I can confidently say that an "average" is when and anime gets 7.0 to about 7.5, "above average" being from 7.5 to about 8.2. Anything above that rating is almost always a must watch anime and anything below a 7.0 is 99% of the time not worth watching.

Of course this is how I see it from my experience and there are always outliers but this is the case most of the time. So please just stop saying 5 is an average so 6 should be an above average anime. That rating works in real world but this is MAL not real world.

5 is average according to MAL lmao. No need to argument it, just go check what definition does it says for "5". Just because you think that a 5 out of 10 is bad on an anime score doesn't mean that the site also works like that.

Edit: and adding to that, this show ain't even worth the 6 score lol. It's just watered down "edgy" Mahou Shoujo. Symphogear, Madoka Magica, even Magical Girl Raising Project are way more worth the time than this.
BetterBegoneThotOct 17, 2023 2:22 PM

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Nov 22, 2023 10:42 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
I think this anime still get above 6 for the score is amazingly incredible
Nov 26, 2023 3:26 PM

Sep 2020
The first 11 episodes were really good in my opinion.

The finale was horrible though

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2023 8:10 PM
Mar 2015
The Show has a low score cause it takes a decent level of critical thinking ability to understand properly. The story in literally every episode was crafted to perfection in a way that most shows will never reach. Even though this show comes off as something you can just watch and turn your brain off it is absolutely not. An easy 96/100 for me.
May 12, 1:53 AM
May 2019
Reply to KittenArchiver
The Show has a low score cause it takes a decent level of critical thinking ability to understand properly. The story in literally every episode was crafted to perfection in a way that most shows will never reach. Even though this show comes off as something you can just watch and turn your brain off it is absolutely not. An easy 96/100 for me.
@KittenArchiver At least one person seems to get it, lol
May 12, 6:28 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

49 by katakumplat »»
May 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

100 by Chipp12 »»
May 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

92 by Karva1 »»
May 16, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2023

176 by Karva1 »»
May 16, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 6, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.