Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2023 7:37 AM

Jun 2020
So this episode is from Tomori's POV... ngl I wanted to cry a little at some parts. I can relate to her a lot.
And now I kinda understand why Taki care so much about Tomori.
Jun 29, 2023 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
The first-person view camera was very interesting.
I really hope that the drama between former CRYCHIC members will be resolved very soon.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 29, 2023 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting backstory.

Overall, these were very good first 3 episodes. I can't wait to see more.

SerafosJun 29, 2023 11:13 AM
Jun 29, 2023 10:41 PM
Apr 2018
i cry while watch this ep for real
Jun 30, 2023 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
Dang it! When Sakiko sang what's written on Tomori's notebook, I cried and I don't know why.

Ningen ni Naritai Uta is the title of that song btw.
vicexxvJun 30, 2023 6:10 AM
Kitan~!
Jun 30, 2023 11:39 PM
Aug 2019
Man, this episode was so good... Tomori was so relatable in some things for me that it made this episode hit even harder 😭 I'm still kind of sad that Saki and Mutsumi aren't main characters but this episode made me get really interested in the next episodes!!! The Tsugu cameo and the small Morfonica one was nice also💕
Jul 1, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
that was a fine first person perspective of Tomori and how the band broke-up...that was sad!
5/5.

Jul 1, 2023 12:05 PM

Nov 2022
can someone help me understand? was it the fan reviews that changed Saki so hard or what? why did she become so cold after reading that message? did I miss something?

it was kinda sad to see since she seemed so nice to everyone, especially Tomori, and she also was the founder of the band, so how come she switched so suddenly?

as a heads up, I never watched anything Bang Dream related before so that could be it...
Jul 1, 2023 12:40 PM

Apr 2023
The first two episodes were a bit of a mess for me as I have difficult time following the story as the scenes move with a quick pace.

But this episode was excellent on its storytelling especially by using a first-person perspective from Tomori. The scenes are flowing smoothly and its succeeds on delivering its emotions.

5/5 episode. Great decision to release the first 3 episodes immediately. And a good start for the Summer 2023 season.
Jul 1, 2023 11:53 PM

Nov 2022
mirishster96 said:
hich4n_ said:
can someone help me understand? was it the fan reviews that changed Saki so hard or what? why did she become so cold after reading that message? did I miss something?

it was kinda sad to see since she seemed so nice to everyone, especially Tomori, and she also was the founder of the band, so how come she switched so suddenly?

as a heads up, I never watched anything Bang Dream related before so that could be it...
I'm not sure either, but it could be that Saki was mad because Tomori was the only one who people were criticizing? I'm sure the reason for her leaving was left vague intentionally and we'll find out more about that later. It was heartbreaking to see how much her attitude changed, though...

Also, all these characters are appearing for the first time, so you don't have to know anything about BanG Dream to understand this anime, at least it seems like that for now.

It's strange because her band mates seemed really impressed by her singing since she poured a lot of emotions in her performance so she ended up having a good show even as a shy, odd girl.

The criticism wasn't even that bad, it was more of a "well she didn't sing the best but still a good performance" and not "her singing ruined the entire thing".

Saki seemed really joyful and understanding so it would be strange if it really was some lukewarm remark about Tomori that angered her so much...
Jul 2, 2023 2:19 AM

Sep 2015
"Tomori-chan is a better singer than Mashiro-chan"

BanG Dream!: CIVIL WAR
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 2, 2023 5:46 AM
Jun 2023
Anime worth watching
Jul 2, 2023 1:26 PM

Jun 2017
Hold up,this was an incredible episode and a really good beginning

Didn't expect this from BanG Dream
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Jul 4, 2023 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
As has been the case with the entire show so far, something about this episode just didn't quite land for me.

I can see what they're going for here with the Tomori POV: showing how she feels like she doesn't fit in and how CRYCHIC gave her that before falling apart for reasons she doesn't understand (at least, I'm hoping that latter point is the idea and that there is more to Saki's personality shift than what we saw here) is a really good way to fully establish her characterisation and give a little more insights into why we started the show with the melodrama of CRYCHIC's break-up.

And I can see it working, but there's one problem I have with this: episodes 1 and 2 already effectively conveyed all of this characterisation with Tomori, and I'd even argue they did so more effectively given they were doing that while also introducing Anon and starting to set up the formation of the titular MyGo. That makes this episode and its interesting POV idea feel kind of superfluous, and the fact that we're getting more focus on the CRYCHIC members who we know aren't joining the new band only adds to that feeling: I'd actually have more interest in seeing CRYCHIC in action, how they formed etc if this series was planning to build up to Saki and/or Mutsumi rejoining the group, but it's not and so I find myself tuning a lot of it out because it doesn't matter.

All in all, my main concern at the moment is that the only character I actually like in this show at all so far is Tomori and I find myself wishing she was the protagonist rather than the very annoying Anon (not least because it would mean less of Anon's annoyingly-nasal voice). Taki is particularly unlikeable so far, and I don't think the "but she means well" card the show is clearly going for really works for me; it's something this franchise goes for a lot and it never really works for me.
Jul 4, 2023 3:48 PM
Apr 2022
Atavistic said:
As has been the case with the entire show so far, something about this episode just didn't quite land for me.

I can see what they're going for here with the Tomori POV: showing how she feels like she doesn't fit in and how CRYCHIC gave her that before falling apart for reasons she doesn't understand (at least, I'm hoping that latter point is the idea and that there is more to Saki's personality shift than what we saw here) is a really good way to fully establish her characterisation and give a little more insights into why we started the show with the melodrama of CRYCHIC's break-up.

And I can see it working, but there's one problem I have with this: episodes 1 and 2 already effectively conveyed all of this characterisation with Tomori, and I'd even argue they did so more effectively given they were doing that while also introducing Anon and starting to set up the formation of the titular MyGo. That makes this episode and its interesting POV idea feel kind of superfluous, and the fact that we're getting more focus on the CRYCHIC members who we know aren't joining the new band only adds to that feeling: I'd actually have more interest in seeing CRYCHIC in action, how they formed etc if this series was planning to build up to Saki and/or Mutsumi rejoining the group, but it's not and so I find myself tuning a lot of it out because it doesn't matter.

All in all, my main concern at the moment is that the only character I actually like in this show at all so far is Tomori and I find myself wishing she was the protagonist rather than the very annoying Anon (not least because it would mean less of Anon's annoyingly-nasal voice). Taki is particularly unlikeable so far, and I don't think the "but she means well" card the show is clearly going for really works for me; it's something this franchise goes for a lot and it never really works for me.

Because the break up of Crychic resulted not only in the formation of MyGo, but also of Ave Mujica, which also contained Sakiko, Mutsumi, Then we have Uika, the blonde in the group Sumimi shown in Episode one, during the Karaoke segment; and in Episode 2 with the girl in the black leather that walked out the door, when Aono entered RING, just before she bumped into Soyo.
Jul 7, 2023 12:15 PM

Jun 2016
damn yoo this episode is lit !!
Jul 10, 2023 5:56 PM
Aug 2021
Its a little different than usual? It's nice to see that.
Jul 12, 2023 1:50 PM
Jan 2021
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
Hold up,this was an incredible episode and a really good beginning

Didn't expect this from BanG Dream

Wrong, bang dream & sad story always bestfriends. Thats why this franchise very popular in Japan. S2 popipa betrayed by 1 band member. S3 RAS sad back story. In mobile games story, pastel palette gonna hiatus because all member busy with solo work, and for hallo happy they make Kokoro cry.
Jul 18, 2023 3:53 PM

Nov 2009
This Tomori girl... is kinda crazy huh...

She was going crazy on the Pengy Band-aids and pushing them onto Anon.

Then we got the Flash-back POV, where she was a loner and also collect book covers and went crazy to show them off, lol.

And the original band was started up by Sakiko huh... here I was thinking it might be Soyo that started it basing on first 2 episode, LOL.

And apparently some of them are actually "rich girls" that didn't know how simple machines work... lol

Tho... how exactly did they end up with having Tomori as the main vocalist (even before the karaoke), since majority of the times all we see is Tomori grunting and speaking 1 or 2 sentences... why would you suddenly pick her as the main vocalist? lol

And it was actually Sakiko that really put the song together, Tomori just wrote down some lyrics on a notebook, but Sakiko did the composing and turned it into an actual song.

But then the group gets demotivated from the after-review and Sakiko decide to drop out, and Mutsumi being her friend followed suit and thus we're back at the beginning of episode 1.

I actually wonder exactly what Sakiko saw that demotivated her, all we saw was the part about "vocalist trying too hard".

It gone from CRYCHIC to CRY---CHIC.

With this, I can see exactly why Tomori thought the break up was due to her... since she only heard the review about her trying too hard and not what Sakiko saw that demotivated her.
amlgJul 22, 2023 12:29 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 20, 2023 8:53 PM
Jul 2023
Singing and the music it's just perfect
Jul 27, 2023 7:09 AM
Mar 2023
Really good episode, from start to finish focusing on one Tomori Character POV while also explaining about the previous two episodes really good job Sanzigen
Sep 13, 2023 11:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good backstory just too bad that CRYCHIC had to end up like that...poor Tomori :(
Sep 16, 2023 4:49 AM
Apr 2020
Feb 22, 7:42 AM
Apr 2023
It's good, but sometimes but I feel that the character development of this anime is different from bang dream girl band party, I thought it feels a little strange, maybe this judgment is based on my opinion alone.
Feb 25, 10:43 AM

Jul 2022
This episode hit was too close to home.. Tomori is very reminiscent of someone with autism in a lot of aspects. Her manner of speaking, her interests, feeling like she’s not a human, etc.. As an autistic person I see myself in her greatly.. This episode was such an interesting choice having it be a first person pov. It really puts you in Tomori’s shoes and helps you understand her better as a character. It’s so unexpected for bandori to produce such a hard hitting anime like this. 10/10 episode may have cried a bit
Apr 4, 12:40 PM
Mar 2019
We now have some backstory to go on.
May 19, 12:52 PM

Aug 2019
Wasn't really feeling it from the first 2 eps, but this one pulled me in. The direction using Tomori's POV worked well

Jul 25, 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
Being 3D helps a lot with episodes like this, with different POVs and repeating scenes.

One could argue that this episode didn't added much new that the previous two episodes had already shown, but it did the most important, told us what Tomomi things and feels about the situation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 27, 2023

35 by YoshiYogurt »»
Jul 31, 12:06 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 10, 2023

40 by PaninaManina »»
Jul 27, 6:47 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 3, 2023

31 by PaninaManina »»
Jul 27, 5:48 PM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Sep 14, 2023

52 by jsooka »»
Jul 14, 8:38 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 17, 2023

54 by Myetx »»
Jun 30, 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.