Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2023 1:49 AM
Apr 2020
Whyyyyyyy?? why the pedophilia ending? And why does this pedo shit has to happen so often in otaku/Japanese works?? I'm so sick of ittt
Juicyfruit_seMar 3, 2023 7:02 AM
Mar 3, 2023 6:32 AM
Feb 2022
That was it?! Fuck that ending, it's too rushed, there's no proper conclusion!
Jun 26, 2023 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
It was fine I guess and it ended while everything was still positive. There's no way things would remain with almost no friendly casualties for the long term. MC ended up with the girl that we've been hinted at since they met. Kind of awkward due to the big age difference but at least the author implied that they'd do the adult stuff when she comes of age and will stick to kissing until then.

But back to the main point of the series - the MC made an incredible military feat and became a famous and desired mercenary for hire so his life will probably be filled with tragedies but the story ends at the point of his greatest feat, aka gaining a minor victory against China while not having decent resources, allies or number of "soldiers". Despite the many grotesque and disappointing statements about the reality we live in, that have been shown throughout the volumes as a whole, the ending stops the story on a positive note that is full of hope for the future.

I don't know if the author was forced to do it or he did it willingly, but the positive ending was a nice change of pace. It did feel kind of sudden - last chapter he finally met his Chinese rival and had an epic stand off with her, while in the next chapter the month has already passed, the rainy season has started and the story ends... so I do think there's a possibility that he was cancelled so he rushed the ending while skipping the next 3-4 skirmishes with his now shown rival, but given that the conclusion would have been the same, there's no point in milking the manga with filler arcs.

Aug 5, 2023 7:31 AM

Jan 2008
Reading this chapter makes you realise we were watching the origin story of a cult leader and sexual groomer all along. Disgusting.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

More topics from this board

» is it true this manga changed genres or went to shit?

Neostorm-X - Oct 1, 2021

4 by Neostorm_Y »»
Aug 12, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Marginal Operation Chapter 62 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 3, 2023

0 by Beatnik »»
Aug 3, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Marginal Operation Chapter 50 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 31, 2023

0 by Beatnik »»
Jul 31, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Marginal Operation Chapter 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2017

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 8, 2017 8:21 PM

Poll: » Marginal Operation Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

1 by YueYukii »»
May 18, 2017 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.