Forum Settings
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 28, 2022 6:24 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
I've watched season 1 and 2 of Fire Force, and I own volumes 1-27 of the manga; I'm planning on reading it after I get through a few other series first.

My question is whether I should read Soul Eater first. I do plan on reading SE later down the line as well, I just hadn't really been planning on it anytime soon.

That being said, I know that supposedly there's some stuff later on in the FF manga that
. I was wondering if these connections are big/vital enough to the plot of FF to merit me rearranging the order in which I read these 2, or if it's more of a cool nod/segue from one series to the other that would let me enjoy both by finishing FF before I start on SE.

No spoilers please obviously, but any help is much appreciated!

Aug 28, 2022 6:48 PM

Jan 2009
nah you can read Fire Force as a standalone story, and you can read Soul Eater before or after reading Fire Force
Aug 28, 2022 7:23 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
deg said:
nah you can read Fire Force as a standalone story, and you can read Soul Eater before or after reading Fire Force

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Jan 23, 2023 1:14 PM
Nov 2019
I would personally read Soul Eater after Fire Force.
Jan 23, 2023 8:54 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
thischeetobussin said:

Dope, I definitely plan to get into it at some point, but since I've already watched FF and own the manga volumes of that which have been released so far, it's nice to know I can go ahead and finish that first.

I've heard mixed things about watching Soul Eater, like the quality goes down later on in the anime or something? Is it one of those series where you'd just recommend reading it over watching it?

Jan 25, 2023 7:17 AM
Nov 2019
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:
thischeetobussin said:

Dope, I definitely plan to get into it at some point, but since I've already watched FF and own the manga volumes of that which have been released so far, it's nice to know I can go ahead and finish that first.

I've heard mixed things about watching Soul Eater, like the quality goes down later on in the anime or something? Is it one of those series where you'd just recommend reading it over watching it?

The last couple episodes of the anime are filler plus the anime didn’t adapt all of the manga (Only up to chapter 38) so i definitely recommend reading the manga. It’s way better.
thischeetobussinJan 25, 2023 7:25 AM
Jan 25, 2023 9:35 PM
Struggler

Dec 2020
thischeetobussin said:
Rand_al-Thorfinn said:

The last couple episodes of the anime are filler plus the anime didn’t adapt all of the manga (Only up to chapter 38) so i definitely recommend reading the manga. It’s way better.

Ohhhhh yeah that makes sense, thanks a bunch!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Chapter 304 Discussion

deg - Feb 19, 2022

36 by linkmax1412 »»
Aug 14, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Chapter 281 Discussion

SideCharacterKal - Sep 12, 2021

16 by linkmax1412 »»
Aug 14, 10:07 PM

» The Fire Force/Soul Eater connection?

Fullmetaldak - May 20

6 by Fullmetaldak »»
May 21, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Chapter 255 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Feb 18, 2021

24 by Gorgos »»
May 7, 5:58 PM

» How's the Ending?

CJustawaye - Oct 25, 2022

7 by SoulessAnime »»
Aug 10, 2023 8:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.