Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Don't have high expectations. It will probably be more rushed than the 1st season

New
Aug 8, 2022 11:14 AM

Mar 2021
Edit: I'll cut it short because I realized I wrote unnecessarily long. There are two major problems: Source and studio. While webtoon's season 2 is good overall, the beginnings parts are boring and bland. If they want to adapt the good part, they must adapt 110 chapters and make it two cour. There's a good chance they'll fit 110 chapters into 13 episodes as they can't just adapt the bad parts. I really wish they would go for 24 episode but chances are not that high.

I also hyped when I saw the season 2 announcement. But there are many things that bother me. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I don't want to be disappointed either. So let's be realistic and consider the situation.

First, the studio. Most anime that got season 2 were made by the same studio. The same can happen here, which is bad news because let's be honest, Telekom is a small studio with low experience. Maybe there was a miracle and Mappa, who is making the continuation of the anime these days, regretted that they made God Of Highscool or saw the potential in TOG and decided to continue this series. Or at least another better studio. But I doubt it.

The other issue is the number of chapters and the source. Many people say that the 2nd season of TOG is better, but it's actually quite boring at the beginning. The story initially focuses on new characters and is a bit confusing. Of course, the story gets deeper and better in the following chapters, but the problem is that it takes 110 chapters for us to come to these great chapters and finish that arc. That's pretty bad considering the potential studio. Because Telecom is a pretty small studio and the chances of them making the anime two cour are low. This gives us two options.
First, they won't be rushing the anime and will stop at the end of the arc that focusing on new characters.
Or second, they will rush and cut the beginning arcs and enter the other arc. And they're likely to think they won't get good feedback if they go ahead with option one. This leaves us with the second option and the worst possible scenario.
Of course, these are just my guesses, but I'd rather prepare myself for the worst than getting high hopes and being disappointed. I hope it doesn't turn out the way I think and season 2 gets a better treatment. Please reply if you have anything to add or object to.
meyveDec 24, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 8, 2022 11:31 AM
Jun 2021
wellll.. it can’t be as bad as the cote adaptation… ha ha haaa 🥲
Aug 9, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2021
meyve said:
I also hyped when I saw the season 2 announcement. But there are many things that bother me. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I don't want to be disappointed either. So let's be realistic and consider the situation.

First, the studio. Most anime that got season 2 were made by the same studio. The same can happen here, which is bad news because let's be honest, Telekom is a small studio with no experience. Maybe there was a miracle and Mappa, who is making the continuation of the anime these days, regretted that they made God Of Highscool or saw the potential in TOG and decided to continue this series. Or at least another better studio. But I doubt it.

The other issue is the number of chapters and the source. Many people say that the 2nd season of TOG is better, but it's actually quite boring at the beginning. The story initially focuses on new characters and is a bit confusing. Of course, the story gets deeper and better in the following chapters, but the problem is that it takes 110 chapters for us to come to these great chapters and finish that arc. That's pretty bad considering the potential studio. Because Telecom is a pretty small studio and the chances of them making the anime two cour are really low. This gives us two options.
First, they won't be rushing the anime and will stop at the end of the arc that focusing on new characters.
Or second, they will rush and cut the beginning arcs and enter the other arc. And they're likely to think they won't get good feedback if they go ahead with option one. This leaves us with the second option and the worst possible scenario.
Of course, these are just my guesses, but I'd rather prepare myself for the worst than getting high hopes and being disappointed. I hope it doesn't turn out the way I think and season 2 gets a better treatment. Please reply if you have anything to add or object to.

Facts, just praying they’ll go slowly
Aug 10, 2022 8:02 AM

May 2012
Honestly s2 of ToG would take like 100 episodes to adapt properly, just thinking back there's soooo much. Just the first test part is 12 episodes itself nearly, let alone the Hell Train.
Aug 11, 2022 2:02 AM
Oct 2015
INSANELYWP said:

the class room of the elite adaptation wasn't that bad.

i did quite a bit of research, and honestly the story and animation along with the va's were great, it was a decent stand alone despite not being accurate to the light novel, the problem was that it completely strayed from the original content by changing character roles, (which also happened in tower of god anime btw, with hatsu replacing lots of scenes with androssi similar to Horikita replacing Karuizawa and ichiose's parts) however it was still decent as a stand alone, it didn't have a horredous pacing and random plot holes like tokyo ghouls adaptations later seasons, if you take a different route i expect you to still adapt your story through etc.

personally I would bring up far worse adaptations for being the "worst adaptation"
for example, after seeing what happened with EX-ARM................
moment of silence for the author.
Aug 11, 2022 2:35 AM
Jun 2021
Neostorm-X said:
INSANELYWP said:

i did quite a bit of research, and honestly the story and animation along with the va's were great, it was a decent stand alone despite not being accurate to the light novel, the problem was that it completely strayed from the original content by changing character roles, (which also happened in tower of god anime btw, with hatsu replacing lots of scenes with androssi similar to Horikita replacing Karuizawa and ichiose's parts) however it was still decent as a stand alone, it didn't have a horredous pacing and random plot holes like tokyo ghouls adaptations later seasons, if you take a different route i expect you to still adapt your story through etc.

personally I would bring up far worse adaptations for being the "worst adaptation"

i’m talking about the second season of cote. the first wasn’t that bad
Aug 13, 2022 5:33 AM
Oct 2015
INSANELYWP said:
Neostorm-X said:

i’m talking about the second season of cote. the first wasn’t that bad

wait what? isn't it still airing? im only 3 episodes in
Aug 13, 2022 7:34 AM

Oct 2015
meyve said:
Edit: I'll cut it short because I realized I wrote unnecessarily long. There are two major problems: Source and studio. While webtoon's season 2 is good overall, the beginnings parts are boring and bland. If they want to adapt the good part, they must adapt 110 chapters and make it two cour. That's why the studio is problem because they've never made a two cour anime before. There's a good chance they'll fit 110 chapters into 13 episodes as they can't just adapt the bad parts.

First, the studio. Most anime that got season 2 were made by the same studio. The same can happen here, which is bad news because let's be honest, Telekom is a small studio with no experience. Maybe there was a miracle and Mappa, who is making the continuation of the anime these days, regretted that they made God Of Highscool or saw the potential in TOG and decided to continue this series. Or at least another better studio. But I doubt it.

The other issue is the number of chapters and the source. Many people say that the 2nd season of TOG is better, but it's actually quite boring at the beginning. The story initially focuses on new characters and is a bit confusing. Of course, the story gets deeper and better in the following chapters, but the problem is that it takes 110 chapters for us to come to these great chapters and finish that arc. That's pretty bad considering the potential studio. Because Telecom is a pretty small studio and the chances of them making the anime two cour are really low. This gives us two options.

Subjective take. First arc of 2nd season is pretty good.
Sep 7, 2022 5:31 PM
Feb 2021
Lupin the third (2015) and it's sequel both are 24 episode and done by telecom animation film and it has been two years and by the time season two comes out it will be 3 years which is the same amount of time in between the two Lupin seasons so I think they can probably do 24 episodes.
Sep 7, 2022 7:07 PM
Aug 2013
Idk why people are pissed at S1 ... I compared it to the Manhwa and it was actually a decent adaptation -- 7/10 for both the anime and the arc in the Manhwa
Nothing special about the plot in my opinion --

Manga/Manhwa/LN readers can't live without trashing anime adaptations lol
Sep 12, 2022 7:52 PM

Mar 2018
The 2nd season's pace may very well be like the 1st, but I don't think it can be more 'rushed' than the 1st season, because fans generally like the 2nd season in the manhwa more than the 1st. If they're doing 2 cours, it makes the most sense to go a similar pace in the beginning, then slow down by the end. Or maybe I'm wrong. But whatever they go with, after that great 1st season, I trust they'll be able to figure it out.

There's also a difference between us. My opinion is that the anime's 1st season was better than the manhwa's 1st season, because the manhwa's pace was too slow. Maybe, the 2nd season will be slower in the beginning, and we both get what we want. As long as it doesn't do a Yakusoku no Neverland, and fall flat on it's face, I'll be happy.
Nov 10, 2022 9:13 PM
Apr 2022
meyve said:
Edit: I'll cut it short because I realized I wrote unnecessarily long. There are two major problems: Source and studio. While webtoon's season 2 is good overall, the beginnings parts are boring and bland. If they want to adapt the good part, they must adapt 110 chapters and make it two cour. That's why the studio is problem because they've never made a two cour anime before. There's a good chance they'll fit 110 chapters into 13 episodes as they can't just adapt the bad parts.

I mean is it just me or when you guys saw the poster art, did your mind not just scream holy crap a new studio? Cuz the art style looks so different I’m ngl. Also I feel they had to rush season 1 it was the weakest part. With season 2 I don’t think it will need to be as rushed. If they slow it down this season I think skipping through arc 1 is a great decision
Nov 20, 2022 1:20 PM
Apr 2022
meyve said:

Third studio bones picks it up and we have a top tier anime
Nov 21, 2022 5:07 PM
Oct 2015
Rulers_Return said:
meyve said:

Facts, just praying they’ll go slowly

wasn't season 2 of tog actually leaked way earlier?
like when one of the people talked about not working on nagatoro cuz they were doing tog season 2? that was literally like 2 years ago.
meaning that i would mean a huge amount of time for just 13 episodes,

i feel like its gonna have 24 at least due to the amount of time,
however it could be covid delays though,

also SIU took a break in order to help with the anime stuff, looking as he was on haitus for some time now, it doesn't seem like it would be only 13 episodes if its this long
Nov 21, 2022 5:12 PM
Oct 2015
RedLychee said:
Lupin the third (2015) and it's sequel both are 24 episode and done by telecom animation film and it has been two years and by the time season two comes out it will be 3 years which is the same amount of time in between the two Lupin seasons so I think they can probably do 24 episodes.

yeah, exactly i was thinking the same thing,
if it was only 12 episodes there is no fucking way it would be so long before they released season 3,

it got leaked they were working on it before even the nagatoro first anime came out,
meaning its like 2 years already.
Nov 22, 2022 6:16 AM

Jun 2021
Probably right. Because the 2nd season holds more than 200 chapters in Webtoon.

If they want to the hide and seek part can be skipped. But if they intend to make 20 or more eps I think it will cover the island workshop tournament nicely. Most probably won't go to the hell train or the name hunt station (Kaiser).

And yes in the beginning it isn't that good but believe me when I continued reading I could not take my eyes off
Yandere_@lover
Dec 24, 2022 5:34 PM

Mar 2021
RedLychee said:
It's kinda late but you are right, i didnt notice they did a two cour anime. It makes me hopeful but still doubt it. 

Dec 24, 2022 8:44 PM
Feb 2021
meyve said:
RedLychee said:
It's kinda late but you are right, i didnt notice they did a two cour anime. It makes me hopeful but still doubt it. 

You are probably right, it will probably flop and be a rushed adaptation but I am one of those fools who will stay hopeful till the very end because while everyone else grew to use copium I was born with it.
Dec 24, 2022 8:53 PM

Jul 2021
That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe I'll just watch this season for anticipated scenes.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Feb 29, 9:31 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=global.ngelgames.tog

Looks like the mobile game isn't doing well.

Game money might goes towards the anime.
Apr 24, 10:01 AM

Dec 2019
Given how most of the staff besides a couple seems to be new for producing the anime with The Answer studio, we'll see how the new production goes and if they choose to adapt at a faster pace to get to a particular place in the webtoon story or go slower, or if it is 1 or 2-cour. Still too early to tell but given the changes, willing to be optimsitic.
Apr 24, 11:58 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to MangagnaM
Given how most of the staff besides a couple seems to be new for producing the anime with The Answer studio, we'll see how the new production goes and if they choose to adapt at a faster pace to get to a particular place in the webtoon story or go slower, or if it is 1 or 2-cour. Still too early to tell but given the changes, willing to be optimsitic.
@MangagnaM I feel like I'll eat my words and I'm very happy about it. If this Answer Studio does a good job, since this is one of the first anime they've undertaken, they would make sequels with the same quality, which is also a plus. There are people on the staff who have worked on big projects and it looks like it will be 2 cours, so yes, we can be optimistic. But let's not be too much. I don't wanna get disappointed again.

More topics from this board

» Leaker claim season 2 will be 2 cours

rousseau888 - May 29

9 by TheSekiryuutei »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Episodes 1-3 premiere in advance in japan

rousseau888 - May 15

6 by MK17_2 »»
May 17, 4:47 PM

» New PV and new studio

Dbagas8 - Mar 22

25 by JaysonNnN »»
May 16, 8:37 PM

» Thoughts on prescreening Ep 1-3 of Season 2 in Japan

DiamondDream - May 15

5 by MangagnaM »»
May 16, 6:27 AM

» Extended Season 2 Teaser Unseen

DiamondDream - Mar 23

0 by DiamondDream »»
Mar 23, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.