Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 16, 2022 10:25 AM
Oct 2021
I watched Bakemonogatari, Kizumonogatari movies, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari and Second Season in order and now I saw I should watch Hanamonogatari next but after watching the first 5 minutes of the first episode of Hanamonogatari, I saw that Araragi and Senjougahara graduated and they are going to university now. I think we should see what will happen about Ougi or Gaen who wanted to talk with Kanbaru or other things until they graduate and the next year starts. But we jumped to next year and Kanbaru is going to school instantly. Should I continue watching this or should I watch other seasons first?
Jul 16, 2022 10:36 AM
Jun 2021
chronologically hana is the last arc in the story. however it was written right after ss so yes it’s the correct order. stuff in this arc will be important later on. (actually hana is supposed to be watched right after the first 2 arcs of ss but it’s not really that important).

just continue watching and it’ll go back to the “normal” timeline with tsuki
Jul 16, 2022 10:38 AM
Feb 2022
Personally I kept watching anyways and after I finished, came to the conclusion that the time skip in hanamonogatari doesn’t majorly affect anything but is one of those things where you can chose to watch before or after.
Jul 16, 2022 10:38 AM

Apr 2021
Thats what I also did, you should actually watch it after Owarimonogatari I would say
Jul 16, 2022 10:44 AM
Aug 2021
Patefes said:
I watched Bakemonogatari, Kizumonogatari movies, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari and Second Season in order and now I saw I should watch Hanamonogatari next but after watching the first 5 minutes of the first episode of Hanamonogatari, I saw that Araragi and Senjougahara graduated and they are going to university now. I think we should see what will happen about Ougi or Gaen who wanted to talk with Kanbaru or other things until they graduate and the next year starts. But we jumped to next year and Kanbaru is going to school instantly. Should I continue watching this or should I watch other seasons first?

If you watch in order of release, you won't have any problems. As you said, there are occasional time shifts, but there is no problem while watching, don't worry.
Jul 16, 2022 11:03 AM

Jan 2021
Patefes said:

You’ve probably noticed by now that the Monogatari series isn’t in chronological order. It jumps around constantly to further it’s narrative. This is the same way, it promotes some mysteries that will be explored in later entries that are earlier in the timeline.
Jul 16, 2022 1:11 PM
Apr 2020
i went with what MAL had as a list.
Jul 16, 2022 3:43 PM
Jun 2020
I think the order honestly doesn’t matter. It’s written from a POV that constantly disregards a proper chronological order in which you are supposed to see things unfold which is a very difficult skill to utilize but the author does a phenomenal job here. Just watching all of Monogatari second season is proof of that.
Jul 16, 2022 8:25 PM
May 2022
Patefes said:

Continue hana monogatari and tsuki mono first
Jul 17, 2022 6:45 AM
Jan 2022
lol I watched in random order
Jul 17, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 2021
SSJsage said:
Thats what I also did, you should actually watch it after Owarimonogatari I would say

Flip you, it should be read correctly. If there’s no confusion then it’s not the same experience, I’m sick of people like you trying to “fix” the order, it’s put like that for a reason
You dimbas. You wanna join my milk cult? πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›πŸ₯›
Jul 18, 2022 5:35 AM
Nov 2021
how to put it in words without spoiling…
Hana- chronologically is the last part but it doesn't fit into the role of being the final arc
Aug 29, 2022 8:59 AM
Oct 2020
Hana is intended to be read/watched after kabukimonogatari, which was the second second season story. The anime cut it due to some issues, and that made people think that it should be watched after second season.
Jul 31, 2023 4:04 PM

Jun 2021
im going to start second season and im convinced to watch hana after the first two arcs; neko white and kabuki mono ^*

INSANELYWP said:
but is it a good idea to watch this before tsuki, because you said its in same/.. timeline
no spoilers and im just asking if it makes sense 
AYATSUJIxAME said:

anyway imma watch it in the order i mentioned above ^*
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Aug 1, 2023 12:08 PM
Jun 2021
ijumi_kookie said:
im going to start second season and im convinced to watch hana after the first two arcs; neko white and kabuki mono ^*

INSANELYWP said:
but is it a good idea to watch this before tsuki, because you said its in same/.. timeline
no spoilers and im just asking if it makes sense 
AYATSUJIxAME said:

anyway imma watch it in the order i mentioned above ^*

I personally watched the first 2 arcs of ss then hana then back to ss.

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again: hana ruins the flow of ss. all of the arcs in ss are very good except for hana. even just the fact that it is chronologically the last arc ruins the pacing. it even spoils some parts of the rest of ss. i understand that nisioisin wanted the arcs to be this way but it’s just so out of place.

Id recommend watching hana after ss. It’s actually the only ick I have with the monogatari series.

Now to actually answer your question, yes watch it either after the first 2 arcs or after all of ss (it doesn’t actually matter THAT much but i just personally prefer after ss). hana provides necessary details for tsuki and beyond.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

292 by Dragona_8002 »»
Jun 1, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mills - Aug 16, 2014

74 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 20, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

57 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tj_odee - Aug 19, 2014

110 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 18, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

112 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 28, 6:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.