Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2021 7:31 AM

Jul 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Drama is here, guys! It's incredible how TROYCA managed to put all the pieces together in one episode to give us: Nagi's suspicious friend, Gakutsumu's drama, Ryu's drama, all in one big cup of angst.

I'm not ready for episode 13, even though I know what's gonna happen.
Sep 19, 2021 8:03 AM
Sep 2015
I'm gonna hate the band of Kujo's former project, but I've to admit that, from the next episode preview, they look hot despite being in 3DCG model mode.
Sep 19, 2021 12:29 PM
Jan 2021
I've gotta say throughout the whole show I was looking forward to the moments Gaku and Tsumugi would meet and talk. I did NOT expect Gaku to confess to her and I also didn't think they would have to break off their friendship either. I know both Tsumugi and Gaku are sad about not being able to be as close as they were before, and of course Gaku isn't going to ask her out again, but I really wonder if Tsumugi likes him. She did seem really down when they broke it off though... I didn't hear anything about a romance in the franchise and I think just that means that they'll never get close again despite their chemistry. :( I still have hope hopefully...
Sep 19, 2021 2:38 PM

Mar 2021
AmeeHan said:
I've gotta say throughout the whole show I was looking forward to the moments Gaku and Tsumugi would meet and talk. I did NOT expect Gaku to confess to her and I also didn't think they would have to break off their friendship either. I know both Tsumugi and Gaku are sad about not being able to be as close as they were before, and of course Gaku isn't going to ask her out again, but I really wonder if Tsumugi likes him. She did seem really down when they broke it off though... I didn't hear anything about a romance in the franchise and I think just that means that they'll never get close again despite their chemistry. :( I still have hope hopefully...

Honestly as a game reader I have hope because
1. They're one of Top 3 most popular pairings in the franchise (along with Tamaki/Sougo and Yuki/Momo), so it would only make sense for the staff to give them more development in future stories because money lol.

2. it wouldn't make sense to resolve their arc with a downer ending like that. i7 has always been a positive story even though it gets dark sometimes.

3. It makes thematic sense for Gaku to end up with tsumugi. Because his father couldn't get the girl (tsumugi's mother), since Gaku is proved himself to be a good person who doesn't follow his dad's ways, it makes sense for him to get with tsumugi lol

The only reason why you didn't hear anything about them is because
Sep 19, 2021 11:23 PM
Jul 2020
this is heartbreaking. i want good ending for gaku and tsumugi. i want them to be in a relationship;; hope they make this canon
Sep 20, 2021 12:58 AM
Aug 2020
Ryunosuke is such a nice character and the part where I7 willingly volunteers to help was beautiful.

when is nagi going to tell his i7 fellow members that he is a prince? it would be interesting! also is my favorite ship Gaku x Tsumugi gonna end here?
Sep 20, 2021 1:04 AM
Aug 2020
devastatingdance said:

1. They're one of Top 3 most popular pairings in the franchise (along with Tamaki/Sougo and Yuki/Momo), so it would only make sense for the staff to give them more development in future stories because money lol.

2. it wouldn't make sense to resolve their arc with a downer ending like that. i7 has always been a positive story even though it gets dark sometimes.

3. It makes thematic sense for Gaku to end up with tsumugi. Because his father couldn't get the girl (tsumugi's mother), since Gaku is proved himself to be a good person who doesn't follow his dad's ways, it makes sense for him to get with tsumugi lol

I sure hope Gaku x Tsumugi gets canon! thanks for this silver ray of hope. Wow so next season will focus
EXCITING! can't wait for next season

Sep 20, 2021 1:11 AM
Jul 2010
I like how the anime also shows how the staff reacts on Gaku and Tsumugi. That didn't happen in the game. I was really left seriously watching this episode. I didn't even laugh that much in some of the gag parts... I didn't even dare to watch it even though I already know what will happen...

This part will once again remind me why I hated ZOOL so much before now.
Sep 20, 2021 1:43 AM
May 2019
The scene between Gaku and Tsumugi hurts so much, even their relationship as friends couldn't happen because God forbid a man and a woman are friendly with each other without anything more and suddenly ppl are like 👀 Even though Gaku has feelings for her but he never acted upon them because he respects her job and their friendship above all but the show does a great job of highlighting the toxicity of the entertainment industry, how everything they do will eventually be put under a microscope, even in reality the entertainment industry is so obsessed with relationships and it was so sad to see her say "i wish i was born a man instead" because the WAY GENDER STEREOTYPES play a heavy role in the ENTIRE TREATMENT of their relationship is just so true.
Sep 20, 2021 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
Tsumugi's outfit in the confession scene was the one she wore when she met Gaku for the first time...
Sep 20, 2021 7:58 PM
Jan 2021
devastatingdance said:
AmeeHan said:

thank you so muchh ( ɵ̥̥ ˑ̫ ɵ̥̥) im so glad to hear at least SOMETHING
Sep 20, 2021 10:01 PM

Mar 2017
AmeeHan said:

Honestly I have my doubts that they would become canon tbh. I do agree that GakuTsumu is a very good pairing and I do ship it myself, but I7 does show that professionalism is important in the series to an extent, so as long as Gaku stays an idol and Tsumugi a manager to the end of the series, I think it's unlikely for them to actually be official.

That's just my point of view right now though! We'll have to see if their relationship is addressed more in Part 5 or not to see what direction they decide to take it.
Sep 21, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 2021
Shizurusa said:

Honestly I have my doubts that they would become canon tbh. I do agree that GakuTsumu is a very good pairing and I do ship it myself, but I7 does show that professionalism is important in the series to an extent, so as long as Gaku stays an idol and Tsumugi a manager to the end of the series, I think it's unlikely for them to actually be official.

That's just my point of view right now though! We'll have to see if their relationship is addressed more in Part 5 or not to see what direction they decide to take it.

I don't think they'll actually GET TOGETHER in the story either, since Tsumugi's a self-insert character and the writers probably don't want to alienate fans who ship themselves with other boys. But I can foresee a positive open ending type of thing like Gaku promising Tsumugi he'll confess to her again when he retires as an idol in the future. which is vague enough to not actually have it happen but still imply it, classic joseimuke style.
Sep 21, 2021 8:07 PM

Mar 2017
devastatingdance said:
Shizurusa said:

I don't think they'll actually GET TOGETHER in the story either, since Tsumugi's a self-insert character and the writers probably don't want to alienate fans who ship themselves with other boys. But I can foresee a positive open ending type of thing like Gaku promising Tsumugi he'll confess to her again when he retires as an idol in the future. which is vague enough to not actually have it happen but still imply it, classic joseimuke style.

Ohhh okay. Yeah, then I would have to agree. Unless something happens to the two of them in a negative way I also think this is probably how it'll play out!
Mar 3, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2020
So much drama. Everything is a big mess.

SerafosYesterday, 11:33 AM
Mar 28, 2022 10:08 PM
Mar 2022
Partyu said:
Tsumugi's outfit in the confession scene was the one she wore when she met Gaku for the first time...

OMG that's cute - was it the outfit when Gaku invited her for cake?
Mar 29, 2022 1:42 PM

Jan 2015
tenntenn said:
Partyu said:

OMG that's cute - was it the outfit when Gaku invited her for cake?

It's also the same outfit as that scene, but I was thinking of when Gaku and Tsumugi first ran into each other at Mufes ^^
Mar 30, 2022 4:55 PM
Mar 2022
I see - I know right - I rewatched the whole idolish 7 - it is so cute. BTW, do you have any other recommendation of anime with lots of hot guys + a solid plot?
Apr 3, 2022 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
tenntenn said:
I see - I know right - I rewatched the whole idolish 7 - it is so cute. BTW, do you have any other recommendation of anime with lots of hot guys + a solid plot?

For me, that would be Free!
Apr 5, 2022 10:32 AM
Mar 2022
Dorayakisama said:
tenntenn said:

I know! I love the characters - however I dropped after like the 5th episodes (as I find that it is quite uneventful) - does it get better (i.e. the plot becomes more exciting later)? Thank you!
Apr 9, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2015
tenntenn said:
Dorayakisama said:

I know! I love the characters - however I dropped after like the 5th episodes (as I find that it is quite uneventful) - does it get better (i.e. the plot becomes more exciting later)? Thank you!

Yes, it gets better and there are more and more characters. Besides, the movie when they are kids is so precious.
Jul 2, 2023 2:20 PM
May 2022
I feel terrible for Tsunashi, and also Tsumugi and Gaku’s friendship. Just shows that the media will exaggerate anything to create a news story, even if it’s not true. Kind of applies to the real world

More topics from this board

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 3 Discussion

lovetwoyou - Jul 18, 2021

12 by Tsuxken »»
Jan 28, 6:41 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 9 Discussion

KarenShirotori - Aug 29, 2021

15 by pendr4gonz »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 13 Discussion

KarenShirotori - Sep 26, 2021

25 by AniStrawberry »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:16 AM

» the 13th episode

flaresherbert - Jan 29, 2023

2 by RhythmicJustice »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:52 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7: Third Beat! Episode 4 Discussion

Dorayakisama - Jul 25, 2021

11 by hanyuhi16 »»
Mar 12, 2022 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.