Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2021 11:51 PM
Nov 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That revelation about Yang's death was very interesting and disturbing, and I would have never expected it in the least. The incident had a particular human quality to it, as it is reminiscent of how a living creation kills their creator. It's honestly on par with other thought-provoking scenes from more philosophical works in media like animation.

Overall, this show was remarkably consistent in its plot, something that's often consciously overlooked but is in fact key to the soundness of a story. In this episode, an example is when the snake-like creature's body shows sparks of fire in the background before it is revealed that it can create fire and therefore has been used as an oversized candle. Again, the show presents this fact without rubbing it in the viewer's face, such as by deliberately showing flashbacks to confirm the consistency.

As an outsider to the source material, I must say I recommend this show and it's really become one of my favorites. Even though the treasure-hunting genre might be cliché in other media, Qinling Shenshu is actually a first within animation, and so it is ordinary but distinctive at the same time/

Also, sorry to DonghuaCandy for breaking your streak of episode discussion posts.
ilalocheziaJun 13, 2021 4:56 PM
Jun 13, 2021 2:46 PM
Mar 2014
We have reached the end of Buried Devil Tree!

We finally got to see the mysterious person that was lurking behind the scenes and it turns out to be Wu's younger brother who was disguised as the Professor! Yet another surprise in this donghua. This episode featured the long awaited escape for our tomb raiders. The fight scene between the snake, which we learn is called the Candle Dragon was very intense. We find out that this tomb is not a tomb at all, but a hunting ground for the Candle Dragon that was used to make candles in ancient times, with the refining of its blood. This clears up that idea that it was human blood sacrifices, its actually snake blood! Once the snake was defeated by Wu's brother, the Bronze Tree started the refining process of the snake which lead them to escape.

In the end Wu is found by villagers and is taken to a local hospital where he recovers while his mysterious little brother goes on another adventure. Wu then finds a letter from Yang, who mysteriously survived and Yang tells him the truth and how he is a copy and the real Yang died in the cave; he also thanks him. At the end we see Wu's little brother on another adventure somewhere on a snowy mountain. Hopefully there is a season 2!

Overall, these series was very interesting, however I did feel like the younger brother should have been introduced sooner or another episode should have been given to feature Wu and Yang after the incident. Sort of had a rushed feeling, but I did enjoy this series and if there is a season 2, I will definitely be watching.
Jun 13, 2021 2:52 PM
Mar 2014
ilalochezia said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
That revelation about Yang's death was very interesting and disturbing, and I would have never expected it in the least. The incident had a particular human quality to it, as it is reminiscent of how a living creation kills their creator. It's honestly on par with other thought-provoking scenes from more philosophical works in media like animation.

Overall, this show was remarkably consistent in its plot, something that's often consciously overlooked but is in fact key to the soundness of a story. In this episode, an example is when the snake-like creature's body shows sparks of fire in the background before it is revealed that it can create fire and therefore has been used as an oversized candle. Again, the show presents this fact without rubbing it in the viewer's face, such as by deliberately showing flashbacks to confirm the consistency.

As an outsider to the source material, I must say I recommend this show and it's really become one of my favorites. Even though the treasure-hunting genre might be cliché in other media, Qinling Shenshu is actually a first within animation, and so it is ordinary but distinctive at the same time/

Also, sorry to DonghuaCandy for breaking your streak of episode discussion posts. I simply couldn't hold back from discussing my thoughts.

Anybody has the ability to start discussions, so it does not have to be the same person starting them, whether we like it or not.
CrimsonCandyJun 14, 2021 1:07 PM
Jun 13, 2021 4:57 PM
Nov 2020
DonghuaCandy said:
ilalochezia said:

Also, sorry to DonghuaCandy for breaking your streak of episode discussion posts.

Anybody has the ability to start discussions, so it does not have to be the same person starting them, whether we like or not.

Well, thanks for understanding. Also, as I'm not well versed in the source material, is the other person his older or younger brother?
ilalocheziaJun 13, 2021 5:01 PM
Jun 16, 2021 7:44 AM

May 2013
Xiao Ge (that black haired bro) is not blood related to Wu Xie at all, it's just a name where some folks in the series call him – 小哥 literally translated to "Little Big Brother", a jokily or respectful term to call a guy who is younger than you.
Jun 16, 2021 8:48 AM
Nov 2020
XxsilverfoxX said:
Xiao Ge (that black haired bro) is not blood related to Wu Xie at all, it's just a name where some folks in the series call him – 小哥 literally translated to "Little Big Brother", a jokily or respectful term to call a guy who is younger than you.

Thanks for the explanation.
Jun 20, 2021 10:02 AM

Nov 2012
If I set aside my knowledge of the source material, I'd say this had too many plot holes and left us with too many unanswered questions including the last scene with Zhang Qi Ling at the snowy peak. It was a fun adventure for the most part. I'd give it 7/10.

Knowing the source material, I'd give it a 5/10. The changes made no sense to me. The invention of a new character was unnecessary. Using Qi Ling made no sense either. Heck, starting with book 3 (or 4 I forget) is confusing in and of itself.

If you don't wish to read the books or watch the series, I'd recommend at least watching the movie, Time Raiders. It may give some insight into Qi Ling at the very least.
Oct 7, 2021 1:10 PM
Mar 2019
This Went A Little Bit Weird In The Last Few Episodes.
It Went From A Treasure Hunt To Sci-Fi / Horror, Especially When Someone Climbed Out Of A Body Backwards ( Ep 10 )
Still Finished It And Probably Enjoyed It Somewhat.
Dec 1, 2021 2:55 PM

Jan 2011
Tbh i thought it was a future/present preset.
where the black haired dude (in the end his brother) was he himself in the future.
and tries to recapture his memorys , on the way to the said future.

it also didnt help that MC's family wasnt mentioned one bit. except the lost uncle.. which we do nothing about in the end.

i enjoyed this alot, cuz the setting isnt something you see often or anywhere..
but they could've done the "big" reveal a bit better.

would still love a continuation though..

Dec 24, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
Really very unexpected final. So tragic and light at the same time.
Oct 11, 2023 10:50 PM

Mar 2019
I started watching it by chance and I simply loved it, I found the plot twist very interesting in addition to the beautiful animation, a pleasant surprise. (⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚

More topics from this board

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 3 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 12, 2021

5 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 2 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 12, 2021

5 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 1 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 4, 2021

16 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 7 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - May 9, 2021

4 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:02 PM

» Hopes for continuing the series

Memore - Jun 7, 2021

5 by ARand0mPers0n »»
Jul 29, 2022 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.