Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2021 9:10 PM
Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I was able to find out the main character's name! The man with the brown hair is Wu! This episode was definitely more interesting than the 1st, a lot more suspense. This anime sort of reminds me of Mo Dao Zu Shi in a strange way, although they are quite different. I like the dynamic between the two main characters, they seem to really care about each other. They are now at the mountain getting closer to the tomb where our 2nd main character, who's name I was not able to find, found the mysterious earring.

Also, I am really liking the opening for this anime, works really well with the story. If anyone knows who the singer is please comment their name below!
Apr 14, 2021 8:12 PM

Nov 2012
DonghuaCandy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
So I was able to find out the main character's name! The man with the brown hair is Wu! This episode was definitely more interesting than the 1st, a lot more suspense. This anime sort of reminds me of Mo Dao Zu Shi in a strange way, although they are quite different. I like the dynamic between the two main characters, they seem to really care about each other. They are now at the mountain getting closer to the tomb where our 2nd main character, who's name I was not able to find, found the mysterious earring.

Also, I am really liking the opening for this anime, works really well with the story. If anyone knows who the singer is please comment their name below!

The lead character is Wu Xie called Tianzhen (naive) by his 2 closest friends, Wang Yueban (aka Wang Pai Zi/Fatty) and Zhang Qiling (aka Xiao Ge). Together the 3 are called The Iron Triangle and have gotten in a lot of trouble in tombs. The character in taking him to the tree is Lao Yang. I've just started reading the books so I don't know much about him and I don't remember him from any of the live actions.

Wu Xie is the current head of the Wu family. Sometimes he's called Little Master or Third Master. The Wu Clan is one of the Mystic 9, Nine families that protect(ed) Changsha's history and relics from invaders and foreign powers. Daomu Biji is a detailed and exciting world. I hope this anime holds up. If you're interested but not into live action series, there is a movie called Time Raiders. It's not as good as the series, but it gives you some background. There's also an American adapted graphic. I haven't checked that out yet though. I hope this helped a little.
dragynfaerieApr 14, 2021 8:18 PM
Apr 14, 2021 8:41 PM
Mar 2014
dragynfaerie said:
DonghuaCandy said:

The lead character is Wu Xie called Tianzhen (naive) by his 2 closest friends, Wang Yueban (aka Wang Pai Zi/Fatty) and Zhang Qiling (aka Xiao Ge). Together the 3 are called The Iron Triangle and have gotten in a lot of trouble in tombs. The character in taking him to the tree is Lao Yang. I've just started reading the books so I don't know much about him and I don't remember him from any of the live actions.

Wu Xie is the current head of the Wu family. Sometimes he's called Little Master or Third Master. The Wu Clan is one of the Mystic 9, Nine families that protect(ed) Changsha's history and relics from invaders and foreign powers. Daomu Biji is a detailed and exciting world. I hope this anime holds up. If you're interested but not into live action series, there is a movie called Time Raiders. It's not as good as the series, but it gives you some background. There's also an American adapted graphic. I haven't checked that out yet though. I hope this helped a little.

Yes your post has definitely helped me out! I read on youtube that they have changed the characters around and that Paizi aka Fatty will not appear in this series but Xiao Ge will. Do you know anything about that?
Apr 14, 2021 9:21 PM

Nov 2012
[quote=DonghuaCandy message=62776692]
dragynfaerie said:
DonghuaCandy said:

Yes your post has definitely helped me out! I read on youtube that they have changed the characters around and that Paizi aka Fatty will not appear in this series but Xiao Ge will. Do you know anything about that?

I don't. I kind of figured out Xiao Ge would make an appearance because of the ending CG. That's him in the black hoodie. It makes me wonder if they're combining in another story. I hope it doesn't get too convoluted. I can tell you that Xiao Ge is over 100 years old and has no memory of his past. In DB there are 2 Zhangs that are basically immortal. They're both over 100 and look 20 something. Both are also very skilled martial artists. I'm kind of bummed about Pan Zi. He's my favorite character. He enjoys blowing things up. LOL
Apr 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Nov 2012
Tencent has the theme posted on youtube. No clue what the singer's name is though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-L4DeO2aA
May 25, 11:35 PM

Jun 2022
1) finally some comedy bits were there in this episode but man that guy was one lousy story teller .

2) What's Up With His Friend ? He Was Shown Tough In First Ep. But Now He Is Scared Like A Cat .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 3 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 12, 2021

5 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 1 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 4, 2021

16 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 12 Discussion

ilalochezia - Jun 12, 2021

10 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:50 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 7 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - May 9, 2021

4 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:02 PM

» Hopes for continuing the series

Memore - Jun 7, 2021

5 by ARand0mPers0n »»
Jul 29, 2022 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.