Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2021 9:21 AM
Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched the first episode and I'm not entirely sure what this is about despite watching the episode. I wasn't able to catch the main characters names either. BUT essentially we have two men are involved in treasure hunting that meet up after three years of not seeing each other. One of the men shows the other a hexagon bell earring he found in a treasure hunt in some ancient tomb. They then set out to go back to that tomb to find out more information. Honestly, the episode was kind of boring for me but it was interesting enough that I will watch Episode 2.

For those who are wondering, you can watch the episode on Kurina Official, you can look up her page on Twitter! On her page, the title is "The Buried Tree Devil"
CrimsonCandyApr 4, 2021 3:28 PM
Apr 4, 2021 1:08 PM
Mar 2021
Where did you watch this? I can't find it anywhere
Apr 4, 2021 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
also wanna know where you watched it cause I can't find it literally ANYWHERE
Apr 4, 2021 3:29 PM
Mar 2014
Its on twitter! Kurina Official in the page that has it!
Apr 5, 2021 2:56 AM
Feb 2021
DonghuaCandy said:

I can't find any way to add subtitles on that page, am I the only one having this issue?
Apr 5, 2021 8:48 AM
Nov 2020
Nice opening song.
Apr 5, 2021 9:52 AM
Mar 2014
starfaun said:
DonghuaCandy said:

I can't find any way to add subtitles on that page, am I the only one having this issue?

They have options! the English subtitles are labeled EN, the options are right below the video, and I believe they have Indonesian subtitles on her page as well
Apr 5, 2021 9:59 AM
Feb 2021
DonghuaCandy said:
starfaun said:

They have options! the English subtitles are labeled EN, the options are right below the video, and I believe they have Indonesian subtitles on her page as well

Ah you're right! My bad for not looking hard enough 😃 thank you!
Apr 5, 2021 4:01 PM
Jan 2019
This seems interesting enough, hoping for some kind of official sub or a proper fansub at some point though. This one seemed like it was either machine translated or translated by someone who's not very good at English, and while you could mostly tell what was going on, there were still many issues with it. It did lead to some unintentionally funny moments however, like "I haven't eaten big meat in three years".

I do quite like the animation though, while obviously 3DCG it doesn't look nearly as bad as most anime that uses that technique, especially when it comes to Chinese animation
Apr 6, 2021 4:40 AM
Jul 2020
Where to watch it for free??
Apr 6, 2021 9:35 AM
Jan 2021
@Julhulaifa as mentioned earlier by someone Kurina Official, go there it should be on the front page of the website. Make sure you navigate to the subbed version on the page when ur on the anime.
Apr 6, 2021 8:00 PM
Jul 2020
@JaYzM2 thank you very much.
Apr 14, 2021 7:24 PM

Nov 2012
jaba_LKA said:
This one seemed like it was either machine translated or translated by someone who's not very good at English, and while you could mostly tell what was going on, there were still many issues with it. ".

Ugh zi hate that! But I adore Daomu Biji. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Subs aside, I'm not a fan. I do like the artwork. I am curious how they intend to adapt this book into 12 episodes. I've seen it adapted into one of the live actions, but I've just started the books.
dragynfaerieApr 14, 2021 8:02 PM
May 17, 2021 4:14 PM
Apr 2020
I just started it and the first thing I see are purses and wallets leaving people’s bags and pockets lmao 😂 .. interesting
Aug 3, 2021 5:29 AM
Oct 2020
The first ep confusing but interesting. It didn’t help the confusion that the translation was WEIRD. (What is big meat? Lot of meat? Meat from big animal? At the time I wondered if it was a reference to some kind of magical meat but I guess not :) )

If there is a better sub somewhere, I would appreciate pointers to it. Or maybe I should read the book, is it anything like the animation?
Aug 3, 2021 5:29 AM
Oct 2020
The first ep confusing but interesting. It didn’t help the confusion that the translation was WEIRD. (What is big meat? Lot of meat? Meat from big animal? At the time I wondered if it was a reference to some kind of magical meat but I guess not :) )

If there is a better sub somewhere, I would appreciate pointers to it. Or maybe I should read the book, is it anything like the animation?
May 25, 2:08 PM

Jun 2022
1) Yes , Yes I Can Clearly See Myself Dropping This For Sure .

2) Chinese Ones Comedy R Watchable But Their Mysteries Not So Sure About Them .

3) Anyhoo , 2 More Episodes To Go.
RGreatDantonMay 25, 2:16 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 3 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 12, 2021

5 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 2 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - Apr 12, 2021

5 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 12 Discussion

ilalochezia - Jun 12, 2021

10 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:50 PM

Poll: » Daomu Biji Zhi Qinling Shen Shu Episode 7 Discussion

CrimsonCandy - May 9, 2021

4 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:02 PM

» Hopes for continuing the series

Memore - Jun 7, 2021

5 by ARand0mPers0n »»
Jul 29, 2022 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.