Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2021 5:12 AM

May 2015
The point of the volume is looking forward towards the future with hope. Whereas volume 12 focused on the girls feelings regarding everything, 13 is very much Basara centric. It focuses on his feelings, and the revised side stories (their are differences from the OG versions) are used to show Basara reflecting on past events and experience with the girls that takes them all the way up to their wedding day
Apr 4, 2021 12:30 PM
Sep 2016
Hlebka said:
The point of the volume is looking forward towards the future with hope. Whereas volume 12 focused on the girls feelings regarding everything, 13 is very much Basara centric. It focuses on his feelings, and the revised side stories (their are differences from the OG versions) are used to show Basara reflecting on past events and experience with the girls that takes them all the way up to their wedding day

Nice job copying and pasting what I said on Reddit!
Aug 28, 2021 10:21 AM
May 2021
Hlebka said:

So basically it's just a cheap way to make a few more dollars off of a finished series from years ago
Sep 9, 2021 10:14 AM
Sep 2021
Where can i read volume 13 in english of Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha?
May 8, 2022 2:20 PM

Feb 2021
Finally got to read the final volume today.
And as I already knew it was pretty much only some short stories, nothing really lewd compared to vol. 12, still I liked the short stories included and felt it was a satisfying end for the series. My only complaint is that I felt some of the illustrations were lacking compared to the previous volumes.

Sahjit said:
Only donors of the translation project have access to it.
May 18, 2022 8:03 AM
Aug 2020
MadanielFL said:
And as I already knew it was pretty much only some short stories, nothing really lewd compared to vol. 12, still I liked the short stories included and felt it was a satisfying end for the series. My only complaint is that I felt some of the illustrations were lacking compared to the previous volumes.

Sahjit said:

How does one become a donor?
May 18, 2022 6:15 PM

Feb 2021
Benmanchaos said:
MadanielFL said:

How does one become a donor?
You gotta paypal $10 to some guy and he will send the files.
The Shinmai Maou translation website explains it
Jul 17, 2022 4:33 PM
Feb 2021
MadanielFL said:

Sahjit said:
So.... how did it ended? Was the ending satisfying or just a normal harem ending? i haven't seen vol.13 yet
Jul 17, 2022 4:59 PM

Feb 2021
OtakuGamer5 said:
MadanielFL said:

So.... how did it ended? Was the ending satisfying or just a normal harem ending? i haven't seen vol.13 yet
Normal harem ending I guess.
Basara marries all of his 8 fiancées in a secret wedding and they are all pregnant.
vol. 13 is pretty much just that, the rest of the volume is just sides stories that happen throughout the series.
Jul 18, 2022 10:41 AM
Feb 2021
MadanielFL said:
OtakuGamer5 said:
Normal harem ending I guess.
Basara marries all of his 8 fiancées in a secret wedding and they are all pregnant.
vol. 13 is pretty much just that, the rest of the volume is just sides stories that happen throughout the series.
Seriously.... Well thanks for the info man though I'm kinda disappointed but.... ah nothing.
Jul 30, 2022 1:09 AM
May 2021
MadanielFL said:

Sahjit said:

How did the LN ended?? can u give me a short summary? about what happened to the hereo village after the Last OVA episode and how everything concluded?
Jul 31, 2022 10:55 AM

Feb 2021
Apratim said:
MadanielFL said:

How did the LN ended?? can u give me a short summary? about what happened to the hereo village after the Last OVA episode and how everything concluded?
If I try to summarize everything here it would too complicated as I don't remember all of the details and there a lot of small things that happen that are important.

If you want to read summaries, then you can read them from the Shinmai Maou translation website, they have summaries of vol 10 through 12.

In vol. 9 which is where the anime ended, Basara and his group go to the hero village to stand trial, there he meets his final harem member which is his childhood friend Cellis.

And then a bunch of things happen and that Shiba guy from S1 is the final villain of the story, he betrays the village and everyone else and it's Basara and his group that goes to stop him in a giant fight.
In the middle of the fight Basara and his harem loses their virginity in order to get stronger, and after losing their virginity they were able to defeat Shiba. But Shiba didn't die and instead Basara makes a master slave pact with him and now Shiba can't betray Basara and will work for him.

After that Cellis goes to live in Basara's house so she can observe Mio, and vol. 12 is basically Basara having orgies while Maria tries to find a way to get Cellis into Basara's harem.
They finally succeed, and now Cellis is also a member of the harem. Vol. 12 ends with Basara proposing to Mio and says he will marry them all.

And then vol. 13 is just the marriage ceremony.
Jul 31, 2022 11:19 AM
May 2021
MadanielFL said:
Apratim said:

If I try to summarize everything here it would too complicated as I don't remember all of the details and there a lot of small things that happen that are important.

If you want to read summaries, then you can read them from the Shinmai Maou translation website, they have summaries of vol 10 through 12.

In vol. 9 which is where the anime ended, Basara and his group go to the hero village to stand trial, there he meets his final harem member which is his childhood friend Cellis.

And then a bunch of things happen and that Shiba guy from S1 is the final villain of the story, he betrays the village and everyone else and it's Basara and his group that goes to stop him in a giant fight.
In the middle of the fight Basara and his harem loses their virginity in order to get stronger, and after losing their virginity they were able to defeat Shiba. But Shiba didn't die and instead Basara makes a master slave pact with him and now Shiba can't betray Basara and will work for him.

After that Cellis goes to live in Basara's house so she can observe Mio, and vol. 12 is basically Basara having orgies while Maria tries to find a way to get Cellis into Basara's harem.
They finally succeed, and now Cellis is also a member of the harem. Vol. 12 ends with Basara proposing to Mio and says he will marry them all.

And then vol. 13 is just the marriage ceremony.
Oh thanks a lot! Lost their virginity to win the fight lol, full hentai plot 😂😂
Nov 14, 2022 8:04 PM
Dec 2018
MadanielFL said:

And then vol. 13 is just the marriage ceremony
so what volume of the light novel did the manga reach?
Nov 14, 2022 9:02 PM

Feb 2021
SaintxSwag said:
MadanielFL said:

And then vol. 13 is just the marriage ceremony
Storm manga only reached volume 8 of the light novel while the regular Shinmai Maou manga only adapted up to volume 3.
Nov 14, 2022 9:04 PM
Dec 2018
MadanielFL said:
SaintxSwag said:
Storm manga only reached volume 8 of the light novel while the regular Shinmai Maou manga only adapted up to volume 3.

So do you recommend just watching the anime and then light novel or manga to light novel?
Nov 14, 2022 9:14 PM

Feb 2021
SaintxSwag said:
MadanielFL said:

So do you recommend just watching the anime and then light novel or manga to light novel?
Honestly I read the light novel before watching the anime, and I felt it was more enjoyable that way, as the anime actually censored some of the scenes as well as completely skipped some volumes.

Also I like how the LN slowly turns more and more explicit with each volume. With volume 12 and volume 1 being on completely different levels of fan-service that it almost feels like a different series.
I really liked this progression and felt really rewarding.

But the anime never reaches that level, and the manga isn't really worth it because it doesn't cover the whole story and adds a bunch of manga original stuff, and also LN art > manga art.

So I'd say if anything, watch the anime and then go read the light novels.

Nov 14, 2022 9:49 PM
Dec 2018
MadanielFL said:
SaintxSwag said:

Honestly I read the light novel before watching the anime, and I felt it was more enjoyable that way, as the anime actually censored some of the scenes as well as completely skipped some volumes.

Also I like how the LN slowly turns more and more explicit with each volume. With volume 12 and volume 1 being on completely different levels of fan-service that it almost feels like a different series.

But the anime never reaches that level, and the manga isn't really worth it because it doesn't cover the whole story and adds a bunch of manga original stuff, and also LN art > manga art.

Ok thx, I would read all the light novel, but I struggle with reading it online unless you have a somewhere I can read it that is well organized and easy to navigate through. Oh and thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions btw👍
Nov 15, 2022 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
SaintxSwag said:
MadanielFL said:

Ok thx, I would read all the light novel, but I struggle with reading it online unless you have a somewhere I can read it that is well organized and easy to navigate through. Oh and thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions btw👍

Yeah, you gotta be focused and really into it if you wanna read everything.
And also be used to reading books online.

I downloaded my volumes from a site called Jnovels.com

But if you are not that used to reading books online then you’re probably gonna struggle and not enjoy it, so I’d say only read it if you really want to.
Sep 13, 2023 1:00 AM
Sep 2023
So do we know what happend to Basaras mother Raphaeline after volume 13? Or is she still sealed away?

More topics from this board

» How did it end??

00RATUL00 - Dec 23, 2021

1 by rohan121 »»
Dec 23, 2021 7:15 AM

» Is the 13th volume translated?

Calvita - Jul 16, 2021

2 by Calvita »»
Jul 30, 2021 9:29 AM

» This series became 100% legit Hentai with graphic details

xFresh11 - Apr 3, 2018

23 by AngelMoncada »»
Oct 20, 2020 3:34 PM

» is the novel still going or is it done with volume 10?

audac1ous - Sep 4, 2017

2 by Xaelath »»
Oct 27, 2017 6:25 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Volume 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

1 by SirWithCoffee »»
Feb 12, 2017 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.