Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2020 7:03 AM

May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally they released the ep 9,
Im ascended, they keep the bridal carryTT^TT, so its really delayed so they can cut the gore/blood thing, thank God its not because of hualian moment lol

Ahh so many hualian moment!
The scene when Hua Cheng carrying Xie lian so beautifully while fighting KeMo with that ost😍 not at how he teasing Xie lian asfgjkll also the way Hua Cheng refused to letting go and put Xie Lian down just because the ground was dirty from blood, flesh and bones then when he finally putting Xie lian down he choose the cleanest ground where theres no corpses/blood TT_TT what a man...

Aaaa also e-ming babyTT_TT

They still hide HC full face, i guess we only got it on season 2 then.
2 more ep to go, i hope they announce season 2 soon...
livexevilDec 19, 2020 7:40 AM
Dec 19, 2020 7:05 AM

Aug 2010
Why am I not surprised we didn't get to see HC's face? xD The donghua team is really teasing us!
His voice was deeper too hng hng. Too bad he transformed back to his prior form shortly after.

I really liked this line from the novel "Whoever it was had caught him perfectly, as if this person was made just to catch him at the bottom." (credits to Suika). HC's catching and landing was so graceful.

We got a new ending song too. Wonder if it's for this ep only or for the rest of the season.
Dec 19, 2020 7:09 AM

Aug 2015
Wow, they really made 'carry scene' almost exactly like the novel, so beautiful,
and Wow again Hua Cheng appearance and his voice. At the novel and manhua, Hua Cheng didn't transform back, and Xie Lian realized the height difference.

Too bad because this is PG 13 the gore things got cut but it's okay.

New Ending song so beautiful too, I really like it.
Dec 19, 2020 7:19 AM

Jan 2016
Man, i love how they give us Hualian moment exactly like the novel(eventhough the novel more better & detailed). The iconic hualian carry scene still there, that means it got delayed because of the gore stuff, so they need to delete it. I love this ep so much, gonna replay it later xDD
love the new ED, i heard the new ED is Hua Cheng character song?idk
Dec 19, 2020 7:27 AM

Jan 2017
Kinda bummed we only got to see the lower half of Hua Cheng's face (unlike in the Manhua) guess we'll really have to wait till season 2 for his true form to be revealed TnT

Was also worried about the broadcast delay on Bilibili but glad they didn't cut out the HuaLian moments! I can't believe there is only 2 episodes left.
nemurenai_Jan 24, 2021 12:46 AM
Dec 19, 2020 9:48 AM

Feb 2014
I loved the episode!! Ive seen it already 3 times..cant get enough! >.<
Dec 19, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
Omg XL was it really necessary to grope him all over?!
I'm not complaining tho.
And we got to see beautiful, sweet E-Ming in action! 😭

Sadly, Animations got a bit sloppy by now especially when they're walking for some reason. I hope the quality in season 2 will return to that of the 1st episode, because if you compare the 1st episode to now it's a very big difference.
Dec 19, 2020 2:13 PM
May 2020
Vedrun said:

Sadly, Animations got a bit sloppy by now especially when they're walking for some reason. I hope the quality in season 2 will return to that of the 1st episode, because if you compare the 1st episode to now it's a very big difference.

I agree, it really is a shame that the lack of budget is so obvious by now. We have seen how beautiful it can be (I mean episode 1 was just BREATHTAKING!) and I too hope that season 2 will be better again.
With how popular this seems to be, they should be able to get a bit more to work with in season 2... right?
Dec 19, 2020 2:47 PM
Nov 2020
In an interview with the director (forgot the link sadly), he stated that half the year was spent on the first episode, and the other half on the others.
Dec 20, 2020 12:55 AM

Jul 2009
ilalochezia said:
In an interview with the director (forgot the link sadly), he stated that half the year was spent on the first episode, and the other half on the others.

Holy moly!!
Well is it a budget problem tho? Or have they just gotten sloppy? Because lack of budget I can excuse, sloppiness not so much
Dec 20, 2020 4:44 AM
Aug 2020
What do you guys think about the Attack on Titan controversy with TGCF that's been going on on weibo?
Dec 20, 2020 8:23 AM
Dec 2020
Daevid said:
What do you guys think about the Attack on Titan controversy with TGCF that's been going on on weibo?
Daevid said:

What controversy?
Dec 20, 2020 12:09 PM
Aug 2020
Miosotis_Blue said:
Daevid said:
Daevid said:

What controversy?

Check out the Levi vs Beast Titan scene from Attack on Titan and rewatch the scene where Millstone general fights San Lang
Dec 20, 2020 1:39 PM
Nov 2020
Daevid said:
Miosotis_Blue said:

What controversy?

Check out the Levi vs Beast Titan scene from Attack on Titan and rewatch the scene where Millstone general fights San Lang

Are these scenes supposed to be too similar in someone's opinion? Because I've just checked it out and I don't think they are.
Dec 20, 2020 2:07 PM
Dec 2020
Daevid said:
Miosotis_Blue said:

What controversy?

I can see certain similar details but I don't understand why that would be a cause for controversy.
Dec 20, 2020 2:09 PM
Dec 2020
Daevid said:
Miosotis_Blue said:

What controversy?

Daevid said:
Miosotis_Blue said:

What controversy?

I can see certain similar details but I don't understand why that would be a cause for controversy.
Dec 20, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2016
I hope this won't become a trend for the episodes to be 15-ish minutes long. I'm already sad that the donghua had to wipe the gore and blood. They should have seriously fought for a rating for at least 16 or 18 up. MDZS s1 was 18+
While we're at it, they are certainly bold with BL vibes. I was almost certain that was the reason why we didn't get the episode immediately. But the tease with HC's face. His voice is like fine wine. XL you lucky man!

General seems like a sweet bear, but I do wonder what are the reasons behind the girl's actions. Knowing MXTX, there's something more complex. I wonder if those other two women are out to find her?
Dec 20, 2020 3:57 PM

Dec 2015
https://imgur.com/a/tNeOHwN
Saw this going around on chinese social media.
Dec 20, 2020 5:01 PM

Jan 2016
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

already seeing it just now, its clearly plagiarism....Tired of that shit happening to tgcf donghua before and this just because some bad apple in the team....MXTX and her beautiful works doesnt deserve this kind of shit....so from what i see the director saying they bought 'that scene' from foreign artist(freelancer), more precisely korean original artist who quite good in animating korean fighting scenes, and the director paid & asked him to animate tgcf martial arts for few sec. But because the schedule was already very tight, he chose to skip the step of modifying the storyboard, hence he didnt know if its plagiarized. Unexpectedly, after the broadcast, that scene caused controversy. Many of the fans complained to the director & they instantly deleted that scene. The director already make statement and processed to apologizing. I know the team not the one who plagiarized it, im sure they didn't do it on purpose esp after the op drama they received negative feedback from the fans, but theyre also in the fault esp the director for being careless and let the plagiarizing stuff slip, which can be avoided.
Its just ironic how they bought animation from outsourced animator that turns out to be plagiarized. The director even trying to contact the original korean artist who causing this prob but the korean original artist does not consider his controversial scene to be plagiarism lol.....

I feel super bad for the people that genuinely work hard on the production team, shit that happening ruining its reputation and making every person who worked their ass off in this production look bad...
so far the donghua's release hasn't been smooth at all (mxtx anti, hate comments, homophobes, censorship and plagiarism ). Eventhough the donghua was well received by amount of fans, but its also gained bunch of nasty antis(who hates danmei(BL), gay stuff and mxtx) who attack this franchise evertime they can.

Vedrun said:
ilalochezia said:

Holy moly!!
Well is it a budget problem tho? Or have they just gotten sloppy? Because lack of budget I can excuse, sloppiness not so much
its clearly because of sloppiness, they also run out of time which is shame.
At first i have high hopes for haoliners but seeing they keep being careless..I can't help but get worried will there be season 2.....
At this case im fine waiting for more time for season 2, they can take as long as they can as long they do tgcf justice, this beautiful story deserve more smh

Just sad they really tainted E-ming appearance like this😔

Source: https://twitter.com/yummysuika/status/1340700953201262592?s=20
Strawberry_waltzDec 20, 2020 6:57 PM
Dec 20, 2020 5:54 PM
Oct 2017
Maaaaan San Lang doing his stuff, and also... I know E-ming was there, but why just have E-ming fly around ;(

Anyway. Not entirely related, but.
The little section at the end about embroidery, that was so cool. I mean how do people do things like that? o_O

Can't wait for more episodes! I want some cool moments but I think those will only happen in the second season, if that happens.
Dec 20, 2020 10:26 PM

Jan 2020
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

Yikes, this is unfortunate. I hope the chances of a season 2 are not canned since now there are two plagiarism reports. This and the one with the opening scene picture.
Dec 20, 2020 11:06 PM
Aug 2020
I do agree they should remake that scene and just apologize, but as for the OP picture, I saw the the artwork they supposedly plagiarized but honestly, the only thing they had in common was the pose. C'mon, that pose was nothing special, even Jin Ling in MDZS in the first ep. made that pose in a frame, was that plagiarism? Is was a common pose that I believe it can be found in many artworks
Dec 21, 2020 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
Strawberry_waltz said:

At this case im fine waiting for more time for season 2, they can take as long as they can as long they do tgcf justice, this beautiful story deserve more smh

Oh so true. I mean I'm dying for season 2 but if they fuck it up I'd rather wait 2 more years for it and have a masterpiece that does the story justice

I mean they've done a pretty good job so far regarding the story but the animations were so breathtaking in the first episode so seeing it go downhill gradually is kind of a bummer to my enjoyment of the show.
Dec 21, 2020 3:10 AM

Jan 2016
Vedrun said:
Strawberry_waltz said:

Oh so true. I mean I'm dying for season 2 but if they fuck it up I'd rather wait 2 more years for it and have a masterpiece that does the story justice
same, i can patiently wait for 3-5 years for season 2, time doesnt matter as long they give tgcf story justice, i just really love the novel, hualian love stories just hit different..their beautiful love and bond deserve good adaptation. Eventho the donghua following most of event from the novel, i still find it lack with how they cut so many xie lian inner monologue which is also important, its also kind of sad with how they handle it and let so many error slips....but dont get me wrong, i still love adaptation so much, i can't seems to hate it eventho it has flaws, its still my fav, their version of san lang and xie lian already grown on me. I just hope theres no more prob or drama in future project/season of tgcf.
But seeing china with their strict censorship is...i think its already hard enough for the donghua team to animate the rest of the novel in the future without changed few scene to pass the censorship ...i wouldnt dare to hope too much for perfect adaptation of tgcf in the future xD actually what they give to us in this season is already enough & make me thankful if they can still give us hualian moment even in the next season lol.
Vedrun said:

I mean they've done a pretty good job so far regarding the story but the animations were so breathtaking in the first episode so seeing it go downhill gradually is kind of a bummer to my enjoyment of the show.

Yup the first ep quality were insane, but i doubt they can keep that quality for the rest of the season...maybe they can if they worked on it for 3+ years or more....as for me, i dont need epic fight or flawless animation, if they can do it thats great, but whats the most important still the story and how they gonna potray hualian relationship. Even with so-so/average animation if they can potray hualian stories rightly like the novel, im sure its still gonna gained praise from the fans as long theres no more error/prob imo.

Also What irked me is the director wrote that they originally had animated that action scene in-house but didn't like how it looked, so they outsourced it from foreign artist and then it turned out that was plagiarized....
Honestly even without that 'certain' fighting scene, this episode is still gorgeous with the hualian moment, so why can’t they check it one more time before posting it???sigh.....what's done is done, Its really just soo unfortunate something like this happened to the series. It honestly can ruined new watcher/some ppl experience that watching it....just kinda sad for mxtx and her work, i really really hope this the last time they do something careless like this.
All i can say is mxtx and tgcf deserve better.
Strawberry_waltzDec 21, 2020 3:24 AM
Dec 21, 2020 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
Strawberry_waltz said:

same, i can patiently wait for 3-5 years for season 2, time doesnt matter as long they give tgcf story justice, i just really love the novel, hualian love stories just hit different..their beautiful love and bond deserve good adaptation. Eventho the donghua following most of event from the novel, i still find it lack with how they cut so many xie lian inner monologue which is also important, its also kind of sad with how they handle it and let so many error slips....but dont get me wrong, i still love adaptation so much, i can't seems to hate it eventho it has flaws, its still my fav, their version of san lang and xie lian already grown on me.

Yes! Exactly! It's sad but not that big of a deal to ME that animations got worse, I still enjoy the hell out of the overall story because it's my all time fav as well!
I guess I just feel bad for "outsiders" who experience the story for the first time because they are going to be put off by the "bad" animations so I'm hoping for better animations in the future mostly for other people's sake so they can enjoy it at least half as much as we do
Dec 21, 2020 5:53 PM

Jan 2016
Vedrun said:
Strawberry_waltz said:

same, i can patiently wait for 3-5 years for season 2, time doesnt matter as long they give tgcf story justice, i just really love the novel, hualian love stories just hit different..their beautiful love and bond deserve good adaptation. Eventho the donghua following most of event from the novel, i still find it lack with how they cut so many xie lian inner monologue which is also important, its also kind of sad with how they handle it and let so many error slips....but dont get me wrong, i still love adaptation so much, i can't seems to hate it eventho it has flaws, its still my fav, their version of san lang and xie lian already grown on me.

Yes! Exactly! It's sad but not that big of a deal to ME that animations got worse, I still enjoy the hell out of the overall story because it's my all time fav as well!
I guess I just feel bad for "outsiders" who experience the story for the first time because they are going to be put off by the "bad" animations so I'm hoping for better animations in the future mostly for other people's sake so they can enjoy it at least half as much as we do
yup me too, animation quality doesnt matter that much to me, i prefer if they just focused on the story and how the char interact with each other, much more better if they follow exactly like the novel(the graphic/gore/dark+maturetheme) but knowing its pg-13 & theres censorship thats too much to ask XD....
Now im bit curious how they will handle the live action.......
Dec 21, 2020 6:14 PM

May 2017
Woah, I can't believe they make it more gayer than the manhua, and to think this is just the carry scene..
Dec 21, 2020 6:47 PM

May 2017
homonanoka said:
Woah, I can't believe they make it more gayer than the manhua, and to think this is just the carry scene..
true if they can make the sinner pit scene more intimate. Then imagine
now i want to see that scene get animated lol thats if we get season 2 :"((
livexevilDec 21, 2020 7:06 PM
Dec 21, 2020 8:00 PM

Aug 2015
Hua Cheng: *jingle jingle jingle* *hoists Xie Lian* *jingle jingle jingle* *gives Xie Lian another little toss* *jingle jingle jingle*

I want to see his full character design!
Dec 21, 2020 8:11 PM

May 2017
livexevil said:
homonanoka said:
true if they can make the sinner pit scene more intimate. Then imagine
now i want to see that scene get animated lol thats if we get season 2 :"((
ho ho once that part get animated, it’s fckn over for us
Dec 24, 2020 2:33 AM

Apr 2016
Not to be dramatic, but after finished the novel, knowing how much he waiting for this moment my heart ache for hua cheng here.
It must feel good to have your loved one safe in your arms, I can guess how he feels rn, hua cheng you go man!
Apr 11, 2021 5:54 AM

Jun 2020
Omg when XL was feeling up HC/SL, I got goosebumps ♡_____♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 1, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 2020
read some comments said the fight scene and levi vs beast titan is kinda same, fun fact, levi va play the role of xie lian.
the carry part sjsjjsksjjakajsjkajsjsj love it. san lang really care about his xie lian. i cant anymore. it is so pretty. the scene is *chefkiss*
Jul 31, 2022 3:41 PM

Dec 2016
The 'carry scene' was the best part of the episode! San Lang not letting Xie Lian go gave me goosebumps. (´▽`ʃ♥ƪ)
Jan 26, 11:43 AM
Oct 2011
*squeals in native fujoshi*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 11 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 1, 2021

32 by chuuyasbrat »»
Aug 31, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 5 Discussion

Xealias - Nov 20, 2020

41 by kittycroissant »»
Jul 27, 10:09 PM

» I'm confused

Cultured_kodaka - Jul 8

4 by CATALYST76 »»
Jul 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Nov 6, 2020

58 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 23, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Oct 30, 2020

37 by aBaDy10 »»
May 29, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.