Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2018 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was an interesting finale to say the least. What a dramatically different final episode. The complete tone of the show flipped on it's head. The first half of this episode was brutal and had some really amazing animation at times, then the latter half really continued that change of tone back into the present day with some quite badass action and tense story telling.

Granted I'm probably being slightly hyperbolic, I do tend to do that when I get excited about something I just watched but well after a decent but certainly nothing special first two episodes it really can't be underestimated how shocking that final episode was to me. I mean even the ending is pretty savage. It's a real shame the whole OVA couldn't live up to the execution of the final episode, despite my intitial doubts there really is something pretty great here wanting to breakout.

Overall though as a complete 3 episode package Voogie's Angel was just fine to me, nothing amazing and imo not overly bad. Just above mediocre, an average OVA. But man was it worth it for that bait and switch of a final episode, really surprising.

6/10
Dec 24, 2019 6:47 PM

Nov 2012
Mitsuo Iso's cut alone was not worth watching this for lol.
https://streamable.com/bxndo
Apr 16, 2022 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
I do understand why they put all flashbacks in a row since they all get their memories back at the same time but it does feel unsatisfying to just have a streak of all backstories in a row like that.

The ending is also pretty abrupt and doesn't really answer much.

More topics from this board

» Bad Anime, but Good Radio Dramas

Saint-Sheepy - Jan 20, 2017

1 by nachomaxo1 »»
Dec 4, 2022 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.