Forum Settings
Forums

[SPOILERS] Fortissimoverse Future Entry Speculation and Discussion

New
Jun 30, 2016 7:19 PM

Oct 2010
Now that Kadenz fermata is released, I'm sure nearly everyone has gotten a chance to play it. While it was an awesome ride from start to finish, there were some things that hinted to a sequel or even some plot holes that may be explained in the future entries to the series. That is what this thread is for.

I present to you the discussion thread for all speculations you may have towards the future fortissimo games.

I'll start with a list of (obvious) things that might be in the sequel:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 3, 2016 6:31 AM

Oct 2012
Well, I have some speculations I want to share, feel free to discuss them.
I won't post everything just now so it doesn't become a really big post.

Today, the topic I want to talk about and share some speculation is:

Were Odin (Sousei) and Rõge (?) actually friends?
Yeah, it pretty much sums my thoughts, and I'll tell you why.
In Fortissimo we got to know some things about Sousei's life, so we know Rõge killed SAKURA and that was what triggered Sousei's powers.
In Kadenz we got to know some things about Rõge's life, so we know Rõge did what he did because of what happened to his wife thanks to Voluspa.

So what?
Well, there's a small dialogue in Fortissimo's prologue which have some signs that Sousei and Rõge knew each other, it's really a small thing and I can be deadly wrong here, but not really important to the whole thing.
We saw that Sousei had the concept of eternality so he couldn't die no matter what, but Rõge didn't have such thing even though he had some kind of immortality (He can revive himself spending the lives he absorbed with his fire), so why didn't Sousei killed him?
Not only Sousei didn't kill him, but he choose to seal him instead. And here is what I was thinking it became interesting, he could seal Rõge in an other dimension, or in some random place, but of course he sealed him in the sun (Which were where his wife were after being sacrificed by Voluspa to maintain the sun alive). And this is where I think the two of them were friends, because I don't see how Odin would:
1)know everything about Rõge and his wife history to seal him without being a close friend of his.
2)have misericord for a stranger that randomly killed his most beloved one (Aka SAKURA).
But that's not all, as an act to make true the dream of SAKURA, Sousei destroyed almost all Voluspa's facilities, but was that really the only reason? I think he did this also for Rõge, who were betrayed by them, if I remember correctly Sousei didn't have THAT much reason to simply destroy every facility of Voluspa he could find, he would probably kept working under Voluspa if not by Rõge's actions, after sealing Rõge he decided to also revenge Rõge destroying Voluspa, or at least I think it'd be something along those lines.

That's my theory. And why this is relevant? Well, aside from knowing more about Fimbulwinter War and Sousei/Rõge pasts, there's some symbology in the two Fortissimo games until now. First, we had Reiji as Fortissimo's protagonist, where he had to defeat his father, Odin, that was the final boss. After, we had Freya as Kadenz's protagonist, where she had to defeat her father, Rõge, that was the final boss.
Following my theory, Sousei and Rõge were friends, but both became mortal enemies to each other thanks to Voluspa. And the same thing happened to Reiji and Freya, they are childhood friends, who became enemies thanks to Voluspa, but thanks to the new fate created with Camellia's help, instead of a tragic end to those two, they both survived (Even though in that normal ending Julius took Rõge's role in the past and died by the hands of Reiji (And Camellia)) and so they can fight together to defeat Voluspa in the sequel, to revenge both their parents.

It would be interesting if, by any chance, the events between Sousei and Rõge were caused by Shishou, who became Reiji and Freya's tutor, and in the sequel would be the final boss, who both of them would need to defeat together (The point is that they would fight the big boss together anyway).

Or maybe I thought too much, oh well, theories exist to prove themselves wrong after all.
What do you think?
Jul 3, 2016 7:23 AM

Oct 2010
That is a nice take on their relationship. It's more like the Shishou-Sousei-Loge trio are some kind of holy trinity in the fortissimoverse. I want to say that Ichigo-SAKURA-Loge's wife are the female version of the trio, but we haven't seen SAKURA and Loge's wife's powers yet.

Adding to your point of Sousei being friends with Loge, I believe that is one of the reasons why he sorta gave Jin the unawakened powers of Loge. Pretty sure Jin was the first Mahoutsukai he chose to become the Game Master of Ragnarok since he saw potential in him in that he could succeed as Loge's successor. Of course he did not predict that Jin would go crazy with Loge's powers after he awakened it in Momiji's route.

Maybe Shishou wanted Sousei and Loge's powers in order to achieve his justice, but the other two would never agree to it. Because of that, he aimed to adopt both their children so he could teach them his ways and hoped they would follow him in his justice. So, he plotted for Loge's wife to become sacrificed to the Sun, allowing Loge to do the things he did, which in turn turned Sousei into Odin. And we all know how that turned out. Reiji and Freya knew about the truth of their respective fathers and failed to meet Shishou's expectations.

I wouldn't say Reiji and Freya were childhood friends like Reiji and Ryuichi were. Even when she first saw him, Freya was just a rival with Reiji (more of a tsundere type then I'm assuming). Though what you said afterwards was true. Heck, I've been thinking of a prequel story in my mind where Freya and Reiji competed in everything and Reiji beats Freya most of the time. Of course knowing how he is, Reiji would extend his hand to help Freya, but she would never let him. And then after a few years, they grew a mutual rivalry and respect for each other...until Reiji left the island. Not saying Shishou was a villain at the time, but I'm pretty sure at times he would've said something to Freya in his kind tone that would make her start to dislike Reiji again, building up to the events of Kadenz. And without Reiji there...yeah.
Jul 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2012
Funny how we just needed a single and small reaction of Odin for Da Capo:Zero to link SAKURA's power with Reiji, and therefore probably with Akashic Records and maybe even Shishou plans, or maybe this link exist and it was just a small plot hole because they forget to add a surprise reaction from Odin in Sakura's route final battle.

True, I didn't think about Jin, that was a nice addition to the theory.

Yeah, and as I said, maybe Akashic Records and Da Capo were powers derived from the same "thing", that would be linked with Shishou justice, so Shishou could have even given Akashic Records to Loge (You know, maybe Loge original power were only Forbes Blutgang, and we received Akashic Records from Shishou), and since we are talking about this, maybe even Da Capo was given to Reiji by Shishou. We just need to know what kind of existence is Camellia, since she came from other dimension and also have Akashic Record.

I can see their relationship being like this, well, this can lead to a new route in the new game lol (Cant' see them romantically involved though, but who knows?)
I wanted La'cryma and 5pb. cared a bit more about the Kisekitsukai to give them at least some CGs from their past.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fortissimo FA to be "Translated" to English but at a Terrible Price

YoxalLoyal - May 26, 2018

0 by YoxalLoyal »»
May 26, 2018 10:55 PM

» fortissimo EXS//Akkord:nächsten Phase Ahorn der Flamme Alternate Ending: Gaia:Uranus Fan Project

YoxalLoyal - Jun 3, 2015

7 by YoxalLoyal »»
Mar 13, 2018 10:21 AM

Sticky: » [MASSIVE SPOILERS] Kadenz fermata//Akkord:fortissimo General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

YoxalLoyal - Dec 26, 2014

102 by YoxalLoyal »»
Mar 18, 2016 5:45 PM

» [SPOILERS] VERSUS Series: fortissimo Edition

YoxalLoyal - Nov 28, 2015

1 by YoxalLoyal »»
Nov 28, 2015 9:32 AM

» [SPOILERS] fortissimo Series and Norse Mythology

YoxalLoyal - Nov 3, 2015

4 by YoxalLoyal »»
Nov 5, 2015 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.