Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2009 9:11 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ow, poor Robin, talk about humiliation. It must be weird to hear about akuma and exorcists from boy wearing maid uniform... Well, I find DGM version of Robin/Allen, his eye, hand and rest of this stuff better but Zone's not that bad either.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 22, 2009 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
D.Gray Man's idea on how Allen/Robin became an exorcist is much better than the idea Zone introduced where Robin said that the real him is dead and now he's an akuma wearing that 'Robin's skin'. And because of that, it means that Robin is actually a girl since it is his sister's soul that is trapped in his body. :0

But the way how his face is falling off is much cooler and so is the idea that his left arm was given by Cross. XD

Oh well, I'm glad that they changed Rinali into a black-haired Chinese cutie and an exorcist to boot. XD
kiosyJun 22, 2009 9:12 AM

Aug 31, 2009 4:04 AM

Apr 2009
man, this chap wuz hard to find X.x 2 and a half straight hours of searching and dissapointment... but it wuz all totally worth it to read the chapter =D
i thought it wuz awesome, definitely a cool twist with Robin being an akuma
and i like that Lenalee wuz in the pilot chapter too ^.^ but she wuznt an exorcist...
i actually thought it wuz really gross that Robins arm used to be Crosses O.o and thin Earl freaked me out a bit OO.oo;
but i still luved it, i think DGM iz definitely better but i still find this enjoyable
May 14, 2010 7:29 PM
Apr 2010
this was kool but i have to chose Allen over Robin rinali was cute and skinny earl was badass as the earl always is but it was a gud story and i enjoyed Zone aint no D.Gray-man
Jun 16, 2010 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Where can I read this? It didn't show up on onemanaga when I searched for it...
Jan 5, 2011 12:53 PM

Sep 2009
Definitly a lot more Shounen then DGM.
But it also had a lot of plot twists I like / would like to see in DGM.

Nothing spectacular though.
Feb 2, 2012 9:35 PM
Mar 2011
yes, I agree that there are some things i'd like to have seem in dgm
for example the situation with a girl in a guy's boy
would she fall for a girl or guy, the issues would be well interesting
because her gender status stands on the boundaries, it would be an interesting read
i also liked how robin told lenalee not to be a cry baby
Aug 27, 2012 7:39 PM
Jul 2018
When I first read it I thought it was a part of D.Gray Man and I spent the first thirty chapters wondering why Robin changed changed his name to Allen and why Linali was suddenly an exorcist .-. lol
Dec 3, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
Hmmm it was nice but I like DGM a lot more, Allen's scar and innocence is a lot more fitting in DGM than in Zone if you ask me. I'm glad the mangaka turned Lenalee into an exorcist, I like her character a lot :)
May 29, 2013 7:57 AM
May 2013
I Love this, version since it was confusing wait is robin male or female like the maid outfit.
Dec 23, 2013 4:24 PM
Mar 2012
Nice to read the pilot for D. Gray-man
Mar 11, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
I didn't like it at the start then did. Now I don't again since "The Sister" threw away an arm of her brother's body that tried so hard to save her and died in the process while leaving his body in her care ... And she does something like that ........
Jun 15, 2017 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
I wish i can enjoy D.Gray-man just like i read this one shot
Jul 1, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2013
A bit confusing, but it was ok.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.