Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 18, 2013 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
The fact that Araragi and Hitagi literally have no scenes of them talking to each other or being in the same place or having any kind of scene. It's all off-screen unless I'm mistaken.

Or is it just a coincidence?

I have to say that I'm a tad bit disappointed with that because that's basically the only thing that I think Monogatari second season didn't improve upon compared to the other installments before it. Their relationship development and amusing interactions practically stops in Nisemonogatari and they are only happening off screen in MSS. Why is that though?

This is the one thing that have been missing from this great installment that I wasn't able to put my finger on until now.

tsudecimoDec 18, 2013 3:15 PM
Dec 18, 2013 5:16 PM

Apr 2009
Araragi and Hitagi's relationship kinda developed as much as it needed to by the end of Bakemonogatari. At least, that's my take.
Dec 18, 2013 5:18 PM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:
Araragi and Hitagi's relationship kinda developed as much as it needed to by the end of Bakemonogatari. At least, that's my take.
Pretty much this. I don't think they're relationship really needs all that much more developing.

However I would like to see them interact more in the future.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 18, 2013 5:24 PM

Dec 2012
I know there relationship doesn't need more development. After their meeting with Kaiki in Nisemonogatari everything was resolved.

What I'm asking is why there are no interactions or scenes or anything between them. Like not even simply talking over the phone, not even a simple passing short scene. Literally nothing even though they are the only established couple and are both important in this novel. It just feels weird.

Maybe it's relevant to the final 2 episodes of this arc ( and I hope I'm wrong about this speculation because I might cry myself to sleep everyday if what I'm thinking happens) or I might just be over-thinking this and Niso just doesn't like Hitagi or them being a couple :/
Dec 18, 2013 5:29 PM

Apr 2013
To be honest if Niso didn't like Hitagi and Araragi being a couple then he would've just made it Araragi and Hanekawa, no doubt.
I hope if they adapt Monogatari Series: Final Season we'll see more Hitagi and Araragi.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 19, 2013 3:36 AM

Mar 2010
Purpose? I do not know.
Well, you'll most probably get your Araragi-Gahara couple in the next season. Just pray for it.

Emnay said:
To be honest if Niso didn't like Hitagi and Araragi being a couple then he would've just made it Araragi and Hanekawa, no doubt.
I hope if they adapt Monogatari Series: Final Season we'll see more Hitagi and Araragi.

Nisio doesn't ship his own characters. He only likes to kill them off.
Dec 19, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Why?
Because their relationship has almost nothing to do with the previous arcs?Considering that the timeline itself wouldnt allow them to meet in 3 out of 5 arcs while the other two(3 with Tsubasa Tiger) have another character as the main.
Dec 19, 2013 1:34 PM
Jun 2012
would have loved to see koyomi's sisters meeting gahara-san
Dec 22, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
To save the best for the last?

Hint: 3rd season
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 23, 2013 1:34 AM

Jun 2013
Fuck shit , we get Kaiki 8D
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 23, 2013 4:33 AM

Mar 2011
bunny_lover said:
To save the best for the last?

Hint: 3rd season

I don't think that the third season (of novels) has much to do with their relationship (could be wrong though). Otherwise I agree with what has already been written, the series is not about their relationship (Hitagi hardly even is significant in any arcs except hers, unlike the rest of the characters). On the other hand it is just a good plot device for the rest of the arcs, particularly for their "unrequited loves" (Tsubasa and Kaiki). The problem is that SHAFT made the "mistake" to focus their original TV run around this relationships which in turn confused a lot of anime-only-viewers about what they were/are/will be watching.
Dec 23, 2013 7:14 AM

Dec 2012
It seems all of you misunderstood what I meant. I'm not asking to see more of their relationship, I just think it's weird they literally have no scenes of them being in the same place or even a simple phone call for that matter.

I love Niso as much as the next fan but it's not like everything he does is always relevant to the plot, sometimes there is unnecessary dialogue which I enjoy but that's not happening with Araragi and Hitagi in a plot relevant way or a nonchalant way.

It should be plot relevant for both of them to appear in the next episode but it still won't happen. It's just odd.
Dec 23, 2013 7:28 AM

Dec 2009
Simply because the second season is a huge focus on its arcs of their characters.
Dec 23, 2013 7:50 AM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
It seems all of you misunderstood what I meant. I'm not asking to see more of their relationship, I just think it's weird they literally have no scenes of them being in the same place or even a simple phone call for that matter.

I love Niso as much as the next fan but it's not like everything he does is always relevant to the plot, sometimes there is unnecessary dialogue which I enjoy but that's not happening with Araragi and Hitagi in a plot relevant way or a nonchalant way.

It should be plot relevant for both of them to appear in the next episode but it still won't happen. It's just odd.

When their relationship is relevant we get scenes with them.... for example, when they face Kaiki in Karen Bee, after Koyomi learns that Kaiki was Hitagi's first love, we did get a scene with her playing with the "shocking revelation" to enforce their relationship. Another is in the middle of Tsubasa Cat, when the TV broadcast ended... there the writer decided to have a whole scene with them, instead of just a leaving it just a plot device to talk about Tsubasa's frustration. As I wrote it was the choice of the anime staff that created different expectations.

The fact remains though that Hitagi is just one of the characters, and her relationship with Koyomi has not been the focus of any story until now.

More topics from this board

» Anyone else dislikes Senjougahara after this? ( 1 2 3 )

Romeo - Aug 28, 2014

149 by VectoredPromise »»
Yesterday, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

148 by SouthRzVa »»
Jun 5, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

255 by SouthRzVa »»
Jun 4, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

201 by SouthRzVa »»
Jun 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

246 by Dragona_8002 »»
May 31, 12:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.