00002019Nov 2, 2014 6:33 PM
Aug 8, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
on topic why not MAL reviews?
Suzune-chanAug 8, 2013 1:02 PM
Aug 8, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
DramaEnthusiast said:

Does MAL have professional reviews? These reviews, at least the ones on Nihon, are written by intelligent staff who have been watching anime for a very long time.

but professional reviews are being bash too like AnimeNewsNetworks reviews of Aku No Hana
Aug 8, 2013 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
Oh god how stupid are you? there is no such thing as a professional anime review in the west/outside of Japan, unless you get paid for your opinion, you won't be considered a professional critic/reviewer.

You seem like the sheep type of guy, just making other's opinion into his own. You care only for what's popular and mainstream and what's approved by the wannabe critics as if that actually changes the actual content and quality of what you watch. Damn you piss me off.
Aug 8, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2013
No reviews are really professional since no one is paid for them. You'd be better off forming your own opinion on a series than simply relying on someone else's...you may be missing out on something great by doing that. And reviews are subjective anyway, so I don't really see the point of relying on them unless it's rated really badly (like giving it a 1, but even then I'd watch an episode to see if such a extreme rating was warranted.)
Aug 8, 2013 2:38 AM
Jul 2013
PITNB said:
No reviews are really professional since no one is paid for them. You'd be better off forming your own opinion on a series than simply relying on someone else's...you may be missing out on something great by doing that. And reviews are subjective anyway, so I don't really see the point of relying on them unless it's rated really badly (like giving it a 1, but even then I'd watch an episode to see if such a extreme rating was warranted.)

But they're trustworthy and intelligent editors.
Aug 8, 2013 2:42 AM

Jun 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
PITNB said:

Doesn't mean they're the only source of reviews or recommendations though. You'd be better off asking people who know what you like if you want advice on what to watch to be honest.
Aug 8, 2013 2:46 AM

Jun 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
PITNB said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
PITNB said:

Doesn't mean they're the only source of reviews or recommendations though. You'd be better off asking people who know what you like if you want advice on what to watch to be honest.

Who would you trust though? Your friend who likes everything he sees, or an editor who puts serious time into watching anime, much like a movie critic

Honestly I don't really rely on either. I usually look at the synopsis of a series and if it's interesting I'll start watching it.

My friends also know my taste in anime, so if I'm really stumped about what to watch I'll ask them.
Aug 8, 2013 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
Didn't everyone just tell you on the other thread to ignore reviews and make your own opinion instead?
Some people never learn...
Aug 8, 2013 3:11 AM

Jan 2012
i heard about nihon but how about no review?don't you have a mind of your own do you need to check reviews?i understand if they are entertaining like gigguk but come on
Aug 8, 2013 3:36 AM
Feb 2013
It depends on your take. Each critic reviews anime at a different point of view. Their opinions may be different. What they all have similar is that they interpret the anime.

If you want text based reviews, I have read some good one on MAL (you can also try hummingbird, but the site is still new). Some are insightful and I want to learn how to write like that, but have my own style of writing.

More topics from this board

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - Jun 6

32 by Soverign »»
2 minutes ago

» why spelling of english language is so hard? its the only language that has spelling competition?

deg - Yesterday

29 by ryan77999 »»
1 hour ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

48 by Ezeeql »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » NEET vs Wage Slave (poll)

xZakai - Jun 17, 2021

44 by creepylurker »»
4 hours ago

» Should we drop medicine on the North Sentinel Islands?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

21 by Thereisnoonehere »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.