Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't like him that much. On the Empire's side there were more interesting chars. Like Reuenthal. Yang was better than Reinhard.

Like: Reuenthal > Yang > Reinhard.

But in the Gaindens I started to like him a bit more. More focus on him and background/depth. You really shouldn't miss the Gaidens.
Nov 15, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
His charisma, perhaps? You have toadmit he is the most charismatic character in the series. (Yang Wenli is my favorite, btw.)
Nov 16, 2016 6:02 AM
Oct 2015
Quote from ep 9.
"I'm sorry perhaps I have been barked at by ill bred dogs so many times that once in a while I have to kick one for good measure" Thats what makes Lonhengramm great, dude is the master of the shitpost
Nov 18, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
He is the inspiration for Lelouch Lamperouge, that alone makes him great.

But in a serious answer; He is a complete character.

Charismatic, Complex, Well designed, Great Motivations, Great Development, Natural, Shows emotions, Makes mistakes, Smart, Dominant, Leader, Great backstory, Great interactions, Fleshed out in an excellent way, Great voice acting (minor), Likable traits, Is not unrealistically nice, has his badass moments, not 100% good (which means he is close to an Anti-Hero)

Yes he is 10/10 material, easily the best character in the show and one of the best in the whole world of fiction.
Apr 11, 2018 4:44 AM
Aug 2017
I mean the first things he did when he became the Imperial Prime Minister were:
1. Abolishing Noble Privileges
2. Liberating Private Lands
3. Establishing a democratic constitution
4. Reforming Tax Laws
5. Allowing farmers to form credit unions
6. Guaranteeing freedoms of speech and of the press
7. And he also solved the empire's economic woes by appropriating the wealth that was being hoarded up by the nobility.
With these, it is easy to see why the citizenry loved him so much. It was a much better administration than the Goldenbaum Dynasty that's for sure. He practically destroyed much of the corruption and handed most of the civil rights of the people of the empire on a silver platter in only a matter of a couple of days. If that is not a sign of a good leader, I don't know what is. In fact, he also carried on this legacy in his latter affairs, where he ended a massive terrorist organization and refused to galvanize himself.
Kakorat859Apr 11, 2018 12:01 PM
Apr 11, 2018 11:59 AM
Aug 2017
There are also a few more things I would like to say. Firstly, by your definition, not one single leader on the planet was that great. Seems kind of weird to downgrade Reinhard based on things that the vast majority of leaders have done throughout history. And also, the war between the alliance and the empire had already been raging for 130 years before Reinhard was born, so he is not at fault for invading the opposing power as the war warranted that response. Also, would you really trust someone like Job Trunight to keep the peace and to ensure peaceful coexistence? Of course, you wouldn't! If Reinhard had tried to make peace, it would likely be laughed out by the high council of the FPA and the war would continue. The only way to ensure that the citizenry of the empire was safe was to invade and conquer the FPA, simultaneously ending a conflict that has claimed the lives of hundreds of millions of people. It's not like he was completely unjust to the old citizens of the FPA either. It was never shown that he allowed brutality or anything of the like against them, which is more than you can say for most leaders who capture the enemy country. It's not like he was some unjust warmonger either, as he was going to accept peace with Yang before he died and eventually accepted peace between Democracy and Autocracy by agreeing to end the ensuing war between Iserlohn and the Empire with Julian. All in all, Reinhard really is a good leader despite what you have laid against him here.
Kakorat859Apr 11, 2018 12:02 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 31, 2008

59 by ELuck42 »»
Jun 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

69 by Safrichh »»
May 29, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

605 by ryzxgum »»
May 29, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 106 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

91 by ryzxgum »»
May 28, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 6, 2008

82 by ryzxgum »»
May 27, 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.