Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2012 9:51 AM

Apr 2011
I think is kind of obvious what i'm proposing with this topic: guys, do you have any ideas to make this club better? I hear you
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 23, 2012 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
Dunno if it counts as making the club better, but a manga database would help for the whole review the unreviewed. I finish manga 100x faster than I finish an anime, so it would help me a lot :P I can guarantee some manga reviews, but anime reviews are a bit more complicated for me

EDIT: and how about a thread where us reviewers could give a heads up on what we intend to review?
Kayde12May 23, 2012 10:10 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2012 11:48 AM

Apr 2011
I know, i know, i need to make a manga database.. is just that is so much work >_<.
First, i can't add all the titles i want (before you joined, the anime database had more than 250 titles), since god damn MAL tend to crash when the list is too long. So, i have to add with lot of care (that's why i had also a topic with the list updated). But the process is long, or at list, the way i do it is long... but is undeniable, we need one Mdb.
You read manga, do you know a few unreviewed? I can start with those, and then, start in the proper way (i know, i know, i bring you here for manga reviews :P).

Second point: not a bad idea... but why in a topic instead of the club talk? If your answer is good, the topic will be made :P
Aug 1, 2012 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
Ecchi_Kooks said:
Dunno if it counts as making the club better, but a manga database would help for the whole review the unreviewed. I finish manga 100x faster than I finish an anime, so it would help me a lot :P I can guarantee some manga reviews, but anime reviews are a bit more complicated for me

EDIT: and how about a thread where us reviewers could give a heads up on what we intend to review?

I like this idea as well! However, I don't think it would be the end of the world to have multiple reviews for the same work. I mean, isn't that kind of the point? Or are we only trying to get more things reviewed for more people?

If so, then I would like to assign myself Silk Road Shounen Yuuto! ^_^
Aug 2, 2012 4:07 AM

Apr 2011
I kind of answer this in you profile, but i will paste it here, too:
Well, at first the idea was to give acknowledgment to something forgotten/unknown, thats why each member focus in different things: we can embrace more (the leitmotiv of the club is that FMA: Brotherhood doesn't need more publicity, Towa no Quon does). Also, is kind of sad when you see an anime/manga without review, plus, the lack of info could be misleading. Yet, with proper coordination, I don't see any reason for various reviews for a single work (two members could make a review of the same creation if both post it with at least a few hours of difference, or more than two, and create some sort of competition... we can talk about that n_n). After all, Anemone is in debth with both of us ;D.

Silk Road Shounen Yuuto needs you: it's not only unreviewed, but also has only one club relation: TMIE TRAVELLERS. That's so fail xD
Dec 21, 2012 10:09 PM

Mar 2011
why not we make badges for members? i can get that done later when im free.
of course if they are active and stuff.

also keeping a list of not reviewed anime and manga, so when someone has some time, they can pic it up.
]
Dec 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Apr 2011
About the badges... sure, why not.

About the second, there is a list, both for manga and anime (both are topics inthis forum). It has like a bazillion of items, and yet is not even close of ending. Also, it takes lots of times, thats why stoped updating it.
Dec 30, 2012 1:25 PM

Nov 2011
Hey guys, i've never seen any shows on MAL without reviews, so can someone give me a better defination of the word 'unknown' (in number of members or reviews), currently working on a btooom! Review but i doubt it falls under the clubs field. EDIT: Seems i missed your affiliated animes list, i'll let you know if i'm working on any.
Zee530Jan 1, 2013 7:46 AM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 1, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2011
There are, literaly, thousands of unreviewed animes/mangas. Of course, most of them are old, or hard to find, so it's quite tricky. That little list I made is not even the tip of the iceberg :P
Jan 2, 2013 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
About the lack of members, how about advertising the club in our reviews, like including a heading that says "(written for 'reviews for reviewers club')" or something that can raise popularity and attract members.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 2, 2013 2:47 PM

Apr 2011
At first, this humble club had two ways of getting members: one was when they join by themselves (like you did n_n), and the other was by invitation: I used to check the reviews of the day, see is there was a first review for an X series, and then check if that user has the habit of review weird things. When the number of members grew (now is more than 20, thats pretty big), I stopped doing that since, well, I'm lazy. In a way, I like this club small, but new members are always a necessity. The heading idea is not bad, but I would like to hear the opinion of the other members. But, since they are a bunch of lazy asses that never read forum topics, you should put it in the main page, and pray that somebody watch it
Jan 2, 2013 6:07 PM
Oct 2009
Looks like a good idea to me, I have nothing against it.
Jan 11, 2013 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Thats one person :p

Apr 30, 2013 9:12 PM

Oct 2010
may be horrible idea since not everyone writes in the same language

So, this may just be some strange competitiveness in me I've been having lately, but I was thinking, as a way to increase club activity can be a sort of competition of writing a review.

feel free to ignore if this idea (probably) wont work. ;D
May 2, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2011
That's not a bad idea... but who will be the winner? The one with more feedback?
May 3, 2013 7:23 PM

Oct 2010
Hm~whichever review that is in better quality? Like, it engages + informs the readers the best? I guess, lol. *o*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Accomplishments (or, what we did until now)

Alpharon - Apr 28, 2012

13 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 23, 2023 2:34 AM

» Where do you find stuff?

Alpharon - May 5, 2012

6 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 13, 2022 7:31 AM

» some mistakes

lpf - Jun 11, 2012

5 by Alpharon »»
Jun 13, 2012 12:58 PM

Sticky: » Manga Database

Alpharon - May 28, 2012

3 by Kayde12 »»
Jun 8, 2012 12:37 AM

Sticky: » Anime Database

Alpharon - Apr 29, 2012

0 by Alpharon »»
Apr 29, 2012 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.