Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2011 7:57 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Used to be TheSethAffect
Nov 12, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2007
since this is chronically is ep15 in katseku-hen, it felt weird for me to watch it as the original series special, so i were watching it before ep15 since it's the unedited version of that ep, and i was right doing so since there's a lot that won't be understood otherwise.

and maybe, because of that, it didn't felt to me as special but rather an episode, since it's connected to the arc in the katakesu hen, and it won't make any sense, unless you would read the manga so the OVA/special (in my batch it labeled as OVA) would be a show-off to the 3D-CGI effects.

since i know the title for ep15 is "true heir" it' making me difficult for the title "black tessaige", the special doesn't concentrate on that maybe for minute or two, and if i weren't watching the kanketsu-hen season i wouldn't understand what is the meido, let alone about kana shard, in other words, they adapted the manga chapter without making highlight of the black tessaige at all or changing it to be that way...

if someone looking for the special with eng sus, is welcome to send me PM and i would help gladly.
User-NameNov 12, 2020 7:18 AM
Oct 25, 2021 10:59 AM

Dec 2007
Berry-Vodka said:
nah, what a waste of time! sword talk episode :(
can't believe after all these years passed in the series sesshoumaru finally is deceived and used by naraku, like i believed he was a little more smarter as seen in the previous season of inuyasha, like he ditched a lot of naraku antics tbh D: that's why i hate kanketsu hen and i will never waste time finishing it, characters actions are off or even unnecessary one written! even the drawings has the quality of dragon ball super episode xD yuck!
you should ending it, the ending is good.
Nov 11, 2021 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty disappointing special, just a lot of swordfighting without much context if you haven't watched the sequel which came after this. Ranma's 2008 special was much better.
May 25, 2022 8:30 PM

Nov 2010
That intro was quite amusing! I haven't seen Urusei yet though. Lum is super sexy! I wanna watch it just for her. hehe

That was nice stuff! I could just imagine the Inuyasha fans getting wet from watching this after 4 years of no Inuyasha since 2004. It's a good thing that when I finished S1 back then, I was busy with other stuff. I didn't even notice that S2 was airing already. 8/10
Jul 24, 2023 12:07 AM

Jun 2020
I didn't know this ova existed until I saw on a website that you should watch it between season 6 and the Final Act along with the 4th movie.

So after watching it, all I really have to say is...what was this? It didn’t feel like it stood on its own like other ovas I've watched. It felt like a random episode.

What happened with Sesshomaru's other sword, Tokijin? Where did this new subordinate of Naraku come from?

Putting all that aside, it's nice to see another instance of Sesshomaru learning about Tenseiga's value and slowly accepting that the Tetsusaiga wasn't meant for him.

More topics from this board

» Is this out subbed yet?

Tekkai - Jan 6, 2009

24 by _BakaUSUITAKUMI_ »»
Jan 31, 2023 2:18 AM

» omg INUYASHA Black Tessaiga SPECIAL!

Tekkai - Jul 9, 2008

19 by SidVicious »»
Jul 15, 2009 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.