Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2010 9:00 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a happy and normal family!
Apr 6, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
Whole thing made no sense at all, but gave me some good laughs. Good to see the mom back in authority.
Oct 21, 2015 5:52 AM
Oct 2013
Uwaa the mom became so seme, on both the son and the daughter. And she just sat on the couch all nude spilling all the water onto her body XD

Surprising to see the husband and wife being so lovey dovey at the dinner table after his being cold her all this time.

Safe to say the daughter is true daughter of the mother, so their yuri scene was probably incest. But the son refers to both the parents by name, so he is not blood-related to either?? -(°_o)/¯

And gramps is not human it seems...

The story got rather silly this episode. The animation and scenes were unimpressive, felt nothing for the orgy or double penetration. The bodies coulda looked better as well.
May 19, 2016 4:15 PM

Oct 2015
The old guy fucked my mood...

4/10
Dec 12, 2017 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
I love the scene when the stepdad's trying to leave the room and the door suddenly opens...revealing a naked Koichi and Yuuki (who could've seen this coming?).

sirhcnil said:

Lol, I thought he was a ghost, but I like your idea so much more.
Aug 29, 2023 5:53 PM
Dec 2020
So I did some research on the Stepdad, and couldn't find anything in Japanese folklore that would be EXACTLY like portrayed in the anime. BUT! I did find this spirit called Daitengu, which is said to be a spirit of a knowledgable man, often a priest who strayed from the teachings of Buddha (would explain the ritual beads and bell on his neck). Daitengu is characterized by his red skin (when on the roof, stepdad wears red), and a very long.... nose. Sometimes they are said to be evil demons, and other times they are portrayed as guardian spirits, so there is a lot of room for interpretation. Some are even enshrined and revered as kami.

So, I don't know if I'm right, but unless someone can come up with a better explanation, my money is on Stepdad being a Daitengu. Possibly while he was still alive he was a Buddhist priest, but didn't exactly stick to the teachings (and we might have an idea in what way), then died but didn't really inform his family, and instead continued living with them as Daitengu, until the events of the anime. At least that's my interpretation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Donburi Kazoku Episode 1 Discussion

User-san - Oct 20, 2015

1 by removed-user »»
Dec 12, 2017 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.