Forum Settings
Forums
New
Korean drama vs Japanese drama
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Feb 19, 2017 11:26 PM

Apr 2014
Though I can't really say I'm addicted, I like K dramas. I don't think I've watched Japanese dramas before (though I might've unknowingly) just live actions/movies and the acting is kinda uhmmm not convincing.
dryourlie said:
Has anyone watched Goblin?
*raises hand*
Feb 20, 2017 2:54 AM
Feb 2017
I love to watch both of Language Drama. Though I don't clearly understand Japanese Language. But I love to watch.
Feb 20, 2017 3:44 AM
Apr 2016
mdo7 said:

Did you read this MAL thread: If K-pop fans are widely accepted in the society, why J-pop fans aren't

I would like your input if it's possible.

Because a lot of former J-pop fans that became K-pop fans never went back to J-pop and the bunch of issues regarding accessibility for J-pop/J-media. There are factions within J-pop fandom that show resentment against K-pop because it get more attention and more coverage then J-pop. Also the fact that the international media recognize K-pop and not J-pop does not make some international J-pop fans not happy. I even met some J-pop fans that showed racist attitude against Koreans.

Some J-pop fans that hated K-pop and it's fandom have even called out these former J-pop fans that became K-pop fans for pulling double standard. I think you're familiar with AKB48. Some J-pop fans have accused K-pop fans of looking down on AKB48 but accepting their K-pop counterpart like let say I.O.I and WJSN/Cosmic Girls. I mean look at produce 101 (before they became I.O.I):

Produce 101 has been compared to AKB48 from fans of J-pop. The biggest difference is that AKB48 doesn't have a big international fanbases compared to Produce 101 (which later become I.O.I). That's why some people in J-pop fandom aren't happy with K-pop and it's fandom. As I said, some in the J-pop fandom have developed a anti-Korean racist sentiment just because of the double standard.

gaijinalyx said:
Back then in my country, and I think even til now, Kdrama is more popular and more widely shown or availed in big networks, that I get to enjoy watching dramas like Jewel in the Palace, Full House, Endless Love, Stairways to Heaven, etc.

Just curiosity, what country are you from?

Actually, even tho I already have an account from this site, I came across this forum because I have read about that link you shared from another link or website and was just curious, so i checked out. I never knew even in this site, it was this topic is being discussed.
About my country, I am from Philippines. And kpop and kdrama is very widely popular and available here than other asian countries dramas or music.
As for racist comments from jpop fans, i think jpop fans also suffer racist or intollerable comments from kpop fans too. It depends on how you view it or from which fandom you are from. But since mostly there are more kpop fans, i think there is like more overwhelming fandom bullying coming from them, or maybe that is just how i view it.
Btw, are you the author of those links you shared? You seem to keep suggesting that in this forum.
Anyway, I just participated in this forum and poll because I like Jdramas, but doesn't mean I hate kdramas and kpop. I am still open to checking out some of korean dramas and music if it interest me.
I understand you are trying to prove that most jpop fans when branched out to kpop fandom have not returned back to jpop. But at least in my circle, I have friends who discovered kpop but still until this very moment have not let go of jpop or jdrama, but yeah we are few. But to avoid arguing with you (because I predict you will start pointing out again and proving it with some links again), Kpop is popular and accessible and has more fans worldwide. But the fact that us jpop/jdrama fans are few and when we discover each other, it seems like we have a special bond, and consider it rare find and a treasure.
Feb 20, 2017 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
i prefer KDramas but i like the fact that there are JDramas about professions like proofwriting(Jimi ni Sugoi!) which i've never seen on Kdramas
Feb 20, 2017 12:25 PM
Apr 2016
kpopluv1 said:
i prefer KDramas but i like the fact that there are JDramas about professions like proofwriting(Jimi ni Sugoi!) which i've never seen on Kdramas

Have u already finished watching Jimi ni Sugoi? Is it with English subs? Man, I have been searching for the sub of that.
You may also try Juhan Shuttai! It's also a good one.
Feb 20, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
gaijinalyx said:
Btw, are you the author of those links you shared? You seem to keep suggesting that in this forum.

Some of them yes, and some of them no. I used them as sources.

I understand you are trying to prove that most jpop fans when branched out to kpop fandom have not returned back to jpop. But at least in my circle, I have friends who discovered kpop but still until this very moment have not let go of jpop or jdrama, but yeah we are few.

To be honest, I've been investigating about the decline of the J-pop fandom for the last few years. From what I talked to, they can't seem to explain or have no idea why many former J-pop fans that became K-pop fans never went back to J-pop. I mean long time ago, K-pop fandom used to be demonize and J-pop was the accepted Asian music. But in 2009/2010, something happened that make K-pop and J-pop reverse role and now J-pop is weird and demonize and K-pop is now king of Asian pop.

To this day, nobody in the J-pop fandom can't explain why and how this happened. You can view this conversation I had with a J-pop fan via MAL profile chat.
Feb 20, 2017 6:32 PM
Jan 2016
cherushi-chan said:
Though I can't really say I'm addicted, I like K dramas. I don't think I've watched Japanese dramas before (though I might've unknowingly) just live actions/movies and the acting is kinda uhmmm not convincing.
dryourlie said:
Has anyone watched Goblin?
*raises hand*

I thought it was so good!!! Ever since I watched Coffee Prince, Gong Yoo has been one of my favorite actors. I thought it was such a good storyline, but I did feel as though the last few episodes were rushed. Did you like it?
Feb 20, 2017 7:19 PM
Mar 2011
mdo7 said:
gaijinalyx said:

Some of them yes, and some of them no. I used them as sources.

I understand you are trying to prove that most jpop fans when branched out to kpop fandom have not returned back to jpop. But at least in my circle, I have friends who discovered kpop but still until this very moment have not let go of jpop or jdrama, but yeah we are few.

To be honest, I've been investigating about the decline of the J-pop fandom for the last few years. From what I talked to, they can't seem to explain or have no idea why many former J-pop fans that became K-pop fans never went back to J-pop. I mean long time ago, K-pop fandom used to be demonize and J-pop was the accepted Asian music. But in 2009/2010, something happened that make K-pop and J-pop reverse role and now J-pop is weird and demonize and K-pop is now king of Asian pop.

To this day, nobody in the J-pop fandom can't explain why and how this happened. You can view this conversation I had with a J-pop fan via MAL profile chat.

you sil fail to exaln why only one geanre of korean muisc in that poluar and why on RMY the number 1 site on the internet for Muisc fns its IMDB of Muisc why there is no kpop act in the top 1000 albums form asia

https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=Asia&limit=none&countries=

lets me guuss you will say rmy does not matter case its not your precous I tunes Chart

im sorry that liek sayin osmthing hat been seen by lots of people on Mal is not popular

but you only sream to count i tunes numbers

go the the link
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=Asia&limit=none&countries=

that i have posted twice

uts acts of the whole of asia
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 20, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2017
Well, both of them have good things and vice versa.

Japanese historical dramas are absolute shit while the Korean ones are more serious.

Korean horror and Japanese horror are the same.

Japanese mystery drama are better than the Korean counterparts.

Either way, black people dramas are the best.
DuhDaDa!
Heres my sig.
FUCK OFF
Feb 20, 2017 9:15 PM
Mar 2011
Hafuda said:

Japanese historical dramas are absolute shit while the Korean ones are more serious.

Tiga drama cover more histocal era than Korean ones do that is fact Japan has more era in history cover there is Taiga that is set in Nara Jidai nad based on what i have read is very hisotaclly accurate to the era

wah od i mean by form what iv read [ im Japanese] and iv not really read that much o hitory of the nara jidai but rom what iv read[ of the real hisotry it accurate to the time

just like a lot of Mainland Drama they d not shun away form the more babarous things even if he happneds ot a dram based on one of the hisotcal heros of the nation like korean ones do

y fave hisotocal drams of recant years was based on the Chu Han Contention in China so yes fyi im Japanese bu im sino phile
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Feb 20, 2017 9:16 PM

Jan 2017
DateYutaka said:
Hafuda said:

Tiga drama cover more histocal era than Korean ones do that is fact Japan has more era in history cover there is Taiga that is set in Nara Jidai nad based on what i have read is very hisotaclly accurate to the era

wah od i mean by form what iv read [ im Japanese] and iv not really read that much o hitory of the nara jidai but rom what iv read[ of the real hisotry it accurate to the time

just like a lot of Mainland Drama they d not shun away form the more babarous things even if he happneds ot a dram based on one of the hisotcal heros of the nation like korean ones do

y fave hisotocal drams of recant years was based on the Chu Han Contention in China so yes fyi im Japanese bu im sino phile

First, I'm Japanese too but... What?
DuhDaDa!
Heres my sig.
FUCK OFF
Feb 20, 2017 9:32 PM
Mar 2011
Hafuda said:
DateYutaka said:

overall i think China doesbest Historical Drama in the world personally Korea lacks history in compare to china and Japan since they do not have that much upheaval to make interrelating historical Drama from unless your after SOL style Drama

there is the Three Kingdom era [ yes Korea ahasa sangou as well] and the Imajin war

korea has been to stable pre modern times

that is my personal view on that hence why one of my fave westen historical Drama is Rome

as an example SOL style Drama has never ticked my box well minus Oshin but thats neither here nor there

Feb 20, 2017 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
Korean dramas are more consistent in making HQ drama while their Japanese counterpart are able to create hits from time to time.
Feb 20, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
gaijinalyx said:
kpopluv1 said:

Have u already finished watching Jimi ni Sugoi? Is it with English subs? Man, I have been searching for the sub of that.

sadly i've only seen the first 4 episodes because the rest wasn't subbed so i just put it on hold
i'm not sure if anyone is currently subbing it
Feb 20, 2017 9:42 PM
Mar 2011
html said:
Korean dramas are more consistent in making HQ drama while their Japanese counterpart are able to create hits from time to time.

most if not all Korean drama you know of are KBS ie iys one station monopoly while in Japan it a more competitive market there nhk fuji TBS/MBS Channel 9 [ NET/Tv Asahi] NTV

my point is kBS is the state run Channel its Like CCTV in China i may like some of hat they do but i find it iffy that there is state Monollay in production of art [ on TV]

Feb 20, 2017 9:46 PM
Mar 2011
oh any no wne has answered my thing about RYM and the fact that oh so Popluar k pop has not got any album in the top 1000 asian album on that site

here

Feb 20, 2017 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
@DateYukata don't assume what drama you think I know and don't know
Feb 20, 2017 11:43 PM

Jan 2015
I think ppl that use and rate in RYM have different demographic of mindset, about music(or what good music really is), with ppl that's like and buying Kpop(or any shaped of pop x idol music) predominantly.

I mean you won't find the most high rated music there(RYM) in billboard history, easily.
It's hardly comparison imo, but pop music(that's popular) always less in favorable for the most part
karambiaFeb 20, 2017 11:46 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Feb 20, 2017 11:58 PM
Mar 2011
karambia said:
I think ppl that use and rate in RYM have different demographic of mindset, about music(or what good music really is), with ppl that's like and buying Kpop(or any shaped of pop x idol music) predominantly.

I mean you won't find the most high rated music there(RYM) in billboard history, easily.
It's hardly comparison imo, but pop music(that's popular) always less in favorable for the most part

i agrre with them mostly miuns i naver like like Radiohead cause o find thom york lifless as a vocalist

id trust RYM over Ficle joe Public overall for this reason

the beatles have very hilgy rated on RYM most of the top 100 overall albums sold well in there time i wager as well

cuase Pop Muisc these days does suck worldwide over all Musically and Lyrically Speaking

while Pop in the 60's has the Beatles [ yes mnus there late era stuff form 66 on wards and only reallly Sgt peppers was not Musically what you owuld call Pop ]

and today you have autotune most pop singer today cannot sing

look at the top 100 your slef
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart

and i said big at there time and plus laot of these are reall classis for a reason

Feb 21, 2017 1:23 AM

Jan 2015
the beatles have very hilgy rated on RYM most of the
top 100 overall albums sold well in there time i wager
I want to said it as "mostly" , bcoz outside the name that's merit popularity and today still regarded as critical aclaim (like the beatles, led zepelin, pink floyd) most of the name on RYM top 100 not appeared in bilboard all time album
http://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-billboard-200-albums
Which is can show us the gap between them

cuase Pop Muisc these days does suck worldwide
over all Musically and Lyrically Speaking
I thought every generation has share of what suck music was. Only music nowadays easy been spotlighted, bcoz it's like everywhere and today democratization for freedom of medium, when like everyone can produce and "market" their own shit, make suck music in the past so blur in contention. Also many of it's regarded as classic too , which make suck music in the past not even blur but could be in the safe place from critic. I mean song like Aha - take one me was pure garbage imo
karambiaFeb 21, 2017 1:32 AM

Feb 21, 2017 4:39 AM
Mar 2011
karambia said:
the beatles have very hilgy rated on RYM most of the
top 100 overall albums sold well in there time i wager
I want to said it as "mostly" , bcoz outside the name that's merit popularity and today still regarded as critical aclaim (like the beatles, led zepelin, pink floyd) most of the name on RYM top 100 not appeared in bilboard all time album
http://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-billboard-200-albums
Which is can show us the gap between them

cuase Pop Muisc these days does suck worldwide
over all Musically and Lyrically Speaking
I thought every generation has share of what suck music was. Only music nowadays easy been spotlighted, bcoz it's like everywhere and today democratization for freedom of medium, when like everyone can produce and "market" their own shit, make suck music in the past so blur in contention. Also many of it's regarded as classic too , which make suck music in the past not even blur but could be in the safe place from critic. I mean song like Aha - take one me was pure garbage imo

DSOM the moon in the top 200 on RYM so is Thriller amoug other on that list note that on Blidbord mius a few albums here and there its all newer stuff
rym is more democratic in that

Lyrics n pop have gotten dubb on the last te year thye have ogne form reading a 4th grade lv to a 3rd this has been proven

i shocke it fell that far form the beatles and Dylan in Floyd in the 60's nad even 70s' Dark side sold enough to be called popluar to reading at a 3 rd gade level

Feb 21, 2017 5:40 AM

Jan 2015
@DateYutaka
DSOM the moon in the top 200 on RYM so is Thriller amoug other on that list note that on Blidbord mius a few albums here and there its all newer stuff
Obviously we won't find great thing like velvet underground miles davis, black sabbath, "small fry" like MBV - loveless, portishead dumb , signur ros, etc at the billboard "great" because basically , they "count it" differently.

Lyrics n pop have gotten dubb on the last te year thye
have ogne form reading a 4th grade lv to a 3rd this
has been proven
like I implied above, when like everyone without artistic sense can write a poem and "ditributed" it, you know what you got

[i shocke it fell that far form the beatles and Dylan in
Floyd in the 60's nad even 70s' Dark side sold enough
to be called popluar to reading at a 3 rd gade level
thing like DSOM was on the chart for like 15 years

Feb 21, 2017 6:08 AM
Mar 2011
karambia said:
@DateYutaka
Obviously we won't find great thing like velvet underground miles davis, black sabbath, "small fry" like MBV - loveless, portishead dumb , signur ros, etc at the billboard "great" because basically , they "count it" differently.

Lyrics n pop have gotten dubb on the last te year thye
have ogne form reading a 4th grade lv to a 3rd this
has been proven
like I implied above, when like everyone without artistic sense can write a poem and "ditributed" it, you know what you got

[i shocke it fell that far form the beatles and Dylan in
Floyd in the 60's nad even 70s' Dark side sold enough
to be called popluar to reading at a 3 rd gade level
thing like DSOM was on the chart for like 15 years

hoe od bilbord count is h=it cann be slaes ale if so were is back in black would be top 10 easy if so

cuase its one of ten recrds only ot ever be Go diamond

aslo as much i a think dark side is a better Album musically persoannly i think Piper is the better albub inits genre

have huge disgareem net with both RYM and Billboard and Zine like Roliing stine [ Both Us nad Japan version ]

look up Roling sone Japan's 100 top albums Gnre bais aside the list is bad tlak ot any one who know Japanese Music they would agree Espaclly with al the stuff on th list form 89-2005 the lst was made in 2005

i bet most in this topic who are K pop fans would not listen ot Pop in there mother toung im consisttant if i lke rock i wil lsten to rock no matter the language

have with metal

my playlist on my midia player read as fllow next four albums i srt by album

Moral by Boowy
2112 by rush
envenom by Sabbat
Turn on the Distortion by Brain Failure

Rock Prog Black metal and punk

im alos no huge fan or alot of Japanese acts who are poplar n the west like Boris a bamd waht enever clicked with me there early more hardcore puck stuff was ok im not big fan of done and Noise or IBor EDM and drumb and bass not matter hwat nation make it

Feb 21, 2017 6:23 AM

Jan 2010
html said:

Well it's a interesting thought coming from you. As I previously mentioned, it's hard to get J-dramas in the US and Europe. It doesn't help that fans of K-dramas (majority of them) don't branch out to J-dramas while they branch out to Taiwanese dramas and slowly branching out to Mainland Chinese dramas.

html said:

Hafuda said:

Please ignore @DateYukata, beside his spelling and his obvious grammar problem. He can't even back up his facts and statements with any evidence like let say a credible URL link to a credible article. He keep saying that I'm bias to pop, yet he's bias to J-rock. Most of the J-rock aren't even household name or well-known outside of Asia while K-pop has been gaining more attention. He couldn't even refute what Gackt said about Cool Japan being a failure and couldn't hold up to South Korea's aggressive marketing. Also I think @DateYukata is probably jealous that K-pop is getting more attention then J-rock are getting on a worldwide scale. In other word, nobody on this forum take him seriously.

I mean maybe @DateYukata would lash out at J-rock if they pandered to K-pop fans by remaking their hit music into Korean just so they can get K-pop fans attention. I mean 2 Taiwanese artists made their Korean debut into K-pop because of K-pop popularity, so it wouldn't surprised me that a J-pop idol would do a Korean debut and remake her songs into Korean just so she can get K-pop fandom attention to her.

But back to J-dramas, if the K-drama fandom want to branch out to J-dramas they not only have to make it accessible and with full marketing. They may have to remake well-known K-drama in order to get their attention. In other word, Japan will have to pander to K-drama fans in order for them to branch out.
mdo7Feb 21, 2017 6:27 AM
Feb 21, 2017 6:32 AM
Mar 2011
mdo7 said:
html said:

Well it's a interesting thought coming from you. As I previously mentioned, it's hard to get J-dramas in the US and Europe. It doesn't help that fans of K-dramas (majority of them) don't branch out to J-dramas while they branch out to Taiwanese dramas and slowly branching out to Mainland Chinese dramas.

html said:

Hafuda said:

Please ignore @DateYukata, beside his spelling and his obvious grammar problem. He can't even back up his facts and statements with any evidence like let say a credible URL link to a credible article. He keep saying that I'm bias to pop, yet he's bias to J-rock. Most of the J-rock aren't even household name or well-known outside of Asia while K-pop has been gaining more attention. He couldn't even refute what Gackt said about Cool Japan being a failure and couldn't hold up to South Korea's aggressive marketing. Also I think @DateYukata is probably jealous that K-pop is getting more attention then J-rock are getting on a worldwide scale. In other word, nobody on this forum take him seriously.

I mean maybe @DateYukata would lash out at J-rock if they pandered to K-pop fans by remaking their hit music into Korean just so they can get K-pop fans attention. I mean 2 Taiwanese artists made their Korean debut into K-pop because of K-pop popularity, so it wouldn't surprised me that a J-pop idol would do a Korean debut and remake her songs into Korean just so she can get K-pop fandom attention to her.

But back to J-dramas, if the K-drama fandom want to branch out to J-dramas they not only have to make it accessible and with full marketing. They may have to remake well-known K-drama in order to get their attention. In other word, Japan will have to pander to K-drama fans in order for them to branch out.

im not jellous at all i just state facts and your genae bais shows big

im a fa oof korean Music too mind you

your fixtae on sales that is it

Fuck the idea of Muisc being an art form at all that is what i get from you

go masterbate of your plastic women and i listen to Muisc that has real arttsic merit not matter what nation its from

Feb 21, 2017 8:03 AM
Apr 2016
kpopluv1 said:
gaijinalyx said:

sadly i've only seen the first 4 episodes because the rest wasn't subbed so i just put it on hold
i'm not sure if anyone is currently subbing it

someone told me that the remaining episodes were already subbed, however it was from a close group or community, and i tried applying membership already but was not yet confirmed, so still waiting...
this is the hard part of watching jdrama specially ongoing ones. :(
Feb 21, 2017 8:19 AM

Jan 2010
DateYutaka said:

So why do you show hostilities toward to Korean from time to time when it comes to music. How come you don't denounce Japan when they do something similar like let sya Japan's government using money to promote their pop culture, yet when Korea does it you don't like it?

Say the guy who think J-rock sales is more significant then K-pop and said local sales are better then international sales. You failed to explain why J-rock never got the same # of international audiences like K-pop has gotten.

And when I bring up something about Korean stuff, you come in and troll the forum.

Funny you say that, Visual Kei has suffered the same criticism what you described for K-pop. Why did you attack K-pop but defend visual Kei when they faced similar criticism and I'll quote this from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
There has been criticism directed at newer visual kei bands for having lost the spirit of their forefathers, copying each other in design and sound, becoming all the same. As far back as 1998, Neil Strauss reported that to visual kei bands "after X" makeup and outrageous looks became "more important than music". Several older musicians expressed their discontent; Kirito (Pierrot, Angelo) said "now it's more like people are dressing up a certain way because they want to be visual kei or look visual kei. They are doing it to look like others instead of doing it to look different. This is obviously very different from when we started out more than ten years ago.", while Sugizo (Luna Sea) that "they cannot make good sounds and music is more like a hobby for them. I cannot feel their soul in the music".

Although almost from the newer generation himself, Dir en grey bassist Toshiya said in 2010 "to be honest, when we first started and we were wearing a lot of makeup on stage and stuff, there were a lot of bands doing that at the time in Japan, and people thought it was cool" and added "the music was so unique, too – bands like X Japan. At that time, there weren't any two bands that sounded alike; these days everyone sounds exactly the same". Kenzi (Kamaitachi, The Dead Pop Stars, Anti Feminism) commented in 2009 that "back in the day, there were bands, but people would try to do things differently. Nowadays, there's one band, and everyone copies off of them", with Free-Will founder and Color frontman Tommy concluding with "I don't think our breed of visual kei exists anymore".

So why aren't you criticizing visual kei for well whatever was written on Wikipedia.

Also you may want to explain this: Introducing Globalizing Visual Kei: A Web Series

How did this failed when K-pop was able to succeed?

go masterbate of your plastic women and i listen to Muisc that has real arttsic merit not matter what nation its from

Say the person who think K-pop is plastic but won't criticize visual kei for being oversaturated and using the same trope for everything.
Feb 21, 2017 8:21 AM

Jan 2010
gaijinalyx said:

someone told me that the remaining episodes were already subbed, however it was from a close group or community, and i tried applying membership already but was not yet confirmed, so still waiting...

Now you know why J-drama fandom never grown to the size K-drama and Taiwanese dramas has gotten outside of Asia.
Feb 21, 2017 8:30 AM
Apr 2016
mdo7 said:
gaijinalyx said:

Now you know why J-drama fandom never grown to the size K-drama and Taiwanese dramas has gotten outside of Asia.

Actually I do know that, we jdrama fans and jpop fans DO KNOW THAT FACT! It is really hard to find subbed shows or videos for Japanese acts. And that is actually OUR PROBLEM. That is why as much as we want to share the links we have for subbed videos, we do it in discreet way as we have to follow some rules the community we are in.

Given Kpop is more or most popular all over the world, we get that, accepted and we are moving on, as long as we still get to enjoy our jpop and jdrama.
You say jpop fans say insulting things to kpop fans, but the way you behave like even if I try not to argue with anyone here, you still try to find ways to provoke us. Even mentioning some incidents in my country like what you posted in my profile. I am not denying it, and I am not even proud of that. But those incident have nothing to do with kpop or opm. geesh!
Feb 21, 2017 9:31 AM
Mar 2011
mdo7 said:
DateYutaka said:

So why do you show hostilities toward to Korean from time to time when it comes to music. How come you don't denounce Japan when they do something similar like let sya Japan's government using money to promote their pop culture, yet when Korea does it you don't like it?

Say the guy who think J-rock sales is more significant then K-pop and said local sales are better then international sales. You failed to explain why J-rock never got the same # of international audiences like K-pop has gotten.

And when I bring up something about Korean stuff, you come in and troll the forum.

Funny you say that, Visual Kei has suffered the same criticism what you described for K-pop. Why did you attack K-pop but defend visual Kei when they faced similar criticism and I'll quote this from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
There has been criticism directed at newer visual kei bands for having lost the spirit of their forefathers, copying each other in design and sound, becoming all the same. As far back as 1998, Neil Strauss reported that to visual kei bands "after X" makeup and outrageous looks became "more important than music". Several older musicians expressed their discontent; Kirito (Pierrot, Angelo) said "now it's more like people are dressing up a certain way because they want to be visual kei or look visual kei. They are doing it to look like others instead of doing it to look different. This is obviously very different from when we started out more than ten years ago.", while Sugizo (Luna Sea) that "they cannot make good sounds and music is more like a hobby for them. I cannot feel their soul in the music".

Although almost from the newer generation himself, Dir en grey bassist Toshiya said in 2010 "to be honest, when we first started and we were wearing a lot of makeup on stage and stuff, there were a lot of bands doing that at the time in Japan, and people thought it was cool" and added "the music was so unique, too – bands like X Japan. At that time, there weren't any two bands that sounded alike; these days everyone sounds exactly the same". Kenzi (Kamaitachi, The Dead Pop Stars, Anti Feminism) commented in 2009 that "back in the day, there were bands, but people would try to do things differently. Nowadays, there's one band, and everyone copies off of them", with Free-Will founder and Color frontman Tommy concluding with "I don't think our breed of visual kei exists anymore".

So why aren't you criticizing visual kei for well whatever was written on Wikipedia.

Also you may want to explain this: Introducing Globalizing Visual Kei: A Web Series

How did this failed when K-pop was able to succeed?

Say the person who think K-pop is plastic but won't criticize visual kei for being oversaturated and using the same trope for everything.

i od dislike moden day Vkei haiv siad the many places the golden age of it as 1095-1998 the first and 2nd generation most vkei niw fall in to the oshare ideal this comes for the fact one of the biigest labels in the Culture is backd by a Fashion Label PSC this Irks me

i odt think any Vkei Guys or gals have have plasoc strugry doen on the level your prescous Kpop Idols have done

thats what i mean by Plastic

the whole exyatsy records Roster was huge part of what formed be Muiscally and the reason i Leran ot play the Guitar

i also hate the Gackt era of Malice Mizer sice as Vocalist we is by far the weekst of the three Vocalists they had he is a ssight Pop Vocalist nothing more nothing less people call malzce mizer a Pop Rock band uase of him Klaha is akin to Halford or Dio in Vocals and Tetsu is Vocal raf=ge as good as Mark Boals

Pure Talent wise Kumoi was weekerst member f the band Mana is fantastic both as producer and a Guitarist

Kami rest his soul is next to Yoshiki form X the iconic Drummer of the Whole Movmnet on the more traditional Metal side

but you forget Kei just mean style afther 1998 Nagoya Kei became what the first two gens of Vkei were the new movemny coming up fronm the underground hwy the chnage in Veki in 1998 the movmey lost its face when Hide passed away and luna sea went in 2000

none of the great of the 2nd gen lasted that long x lasted 12 years luna sea 11 years the most any pure vkei band of the second gen [ 1991-98] lasted was around 5 years when they key member formed other bands

Die in cries ofr an exmaple were a super group in them seves but yuki went to Join L Arc and look the band crumbled

the thing is that kicked Vkei of what the rivaley bettwen X and Colour[ Kenzi first band bakc then know CDF ken chan Colour had the look but were more punky in there Musial tone while X were Speed/Trash metal on there tone

X were kind of about the look to there tag line were

we are the Psychedelic Crime of Visual shock we are X

mind you the lack og first genreation metal bamds left in Japan is low there Loudness [ refomred in 2008 with as clase to the fist line as possiable

Abigail Black metal band formed in 1982

the band boom of the mod late 80's did in Japan what Gruge did to the westen muisc secne in the 90's

and Grugne is just really takin goff here in the past decade over alll as what N kei was for 1998-to 2006/7 band like Kuroyume were the bridge bttwen thw two but baned like UnsraW ABEL and alike and yes dir en gray were Lyrically N kei band

the Nkei sound came form Nagoya but people adopted it Lyrically

Feb 21, 2017 12:13 PM

Jan 2010
DateYutaka said:
i odt think any Vkei Guys or gals have have plasoc strugry doen on the level your prescous Kpop Idols have done

Oh really, then explain this. How do I know Gackt is the only one with PS, how do I know other J-rock and visual Kei didn't secretly have plastic surgery and the people might not know it. They're not going to be going public about it.

You see, that's the power of Kisha club, they can suppressed any information that might be damaging to the music and idol industry. That's why we can't find any information about idols/celebrities getting PS and why they sometime keep their private life well private from the press and in the public.

Plastic surgeries exist in all entertainment industry regardless of what country it's from. So I don't think Japan's immune to celebrities having plastic surgery.
Feb 21, 2017 12:51 PM
Mar 2011
mdo7 said:
DateYutaka said:

Oh really, then explain this. How do I know Gackt is the only one with PS, how do I know other J-rock and visual Kei didn't secretly have plastic surgery and the people might not know it. They're not going to be going public about it.

You see, that's the power of Kisha club, they can suppressed any information that might be damaging to the music and idol industry. That's why we can't find any information about idols/celebrities getting PS and why they sometime keep their private life well private from the press and in the public.

Plastic surgeries exist in all entertainment industry regardless of what country it's from. So I don't think Japan's immune to celebrities having plastic surgery.

a face lift is not fake tits hell im only 31 and iv have Collagen o get ing of crows feet and bag under my eyes

Sillcon and implats are not natural not saying collgae is nbut its make me look normal and not like im 20 years older than i am

witch would do with out injections i look like a Japanese keath Ritchard with
out them cause noe haggrd my face is

but adding stuuf to your body like fake tits or a faje ass set a bad impreesion to you young female fans inste dof be your self get afke tits and has muh plastics has Possible to be sucsffuk even if you have no talent

Feb 21, 2017 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
Have there been any hints or revelations regarding who in the kdrama industry is on SK's blacklist? I don't imagine anything will ever be made public, but unless it is we'll never know to what extent it affected TV productions...
Feb 23, 2017 6:27 PM

Jan 2015
@Gymkata

Yeah, I'm quite curious too. Yet comprehensive list, but I just found some of this and gave some picture regard the case.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2017/02/south-koreas-artist-blacklist/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/south-korean-filmmakers-condemn-government-blacklisting-artists-972782
karambiaFeb 23, 2017 6:34 PM

Mar 3, 2017 3:51 AM

Nov 2016
I watch both but since drama is my life, I tend to lean in favor of Kdramas. Those cliched rich male with powerful parents, who is the head of a company where a female-enemy turned lover until the parents step in and/or a love triangle occurs get me every time.
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Mar 31, 2017 9:19 AM

Jan 2010
@DateYutaka

If you still think that streaming is nothing to you, I think you may want to watch this recent report from Billboard:

According to the report, streaming has become more lucrative then physical CD sales, and digital downloads.
Aug 5, 2017 2:36 PM
Mar 2016
I dont like asian drama but i will go to J drama because they have many genres my favorite is genre about school and family. I watch Korean drama too but although the drama tell about doctor they still put too many drama and love story. So even though I jump to 1 episode to 3 episode i still can understand the plot. I never watch them full
Aug 17, 2017 7:23 PM
Aug 2017
I love the Korean drama more than Japanese drama. not only the plot, but also the OST from the drama. I love the drama called "Pinocchio".
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Ryusei Otome GALACTIA

GinIonSui - 1 hour ago

0 by GinIonSui »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7871 by cyandaqil »»
2 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 3 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

103 by cdh_221 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Your Name' set in Chicago? ( 1 2 )

Dave_Adrian - Feb 17, 2019

55 by k4rlo »»
Today, 12:23 AM

» Favorite Hololive Vtuber ( 1 2 )

SOP-II - Jul 21, 2020

71 by k4rlo »»
Today, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.