Forum Settings
Forums
New
2 hours ago
Oct 2021
As we are in the Fall Anime season now. I am curious on everyone's thoughts on the animes that have aired this year. Whether it is just a one off season, a show with continuing seasons, or of there is a part two that aired. What has been everyone's takeaway from a majority of the animes that they have watched for the 2024 circa?

I will say that some animes have not fully impressed me such as Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan, A condition Called Love(dropped in three episodes in just.

I turn to you the members of the community. What have been your feelings on the 2024 anime season overall.
1 hour ago

Sep 2018
Pretty good anime year, probably one of the best.

- best sci-fi anime of all time, slice of life kino + end of the world vibes Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction, with the best bakadere of all time Nakagawa Ouran (I thought doing better than Kurata Sana and Shamiko was impossible, but now she's the one I think it's impossible to beat)
- best fantasy anime of all time, also thanks to the best worldbuilding, Dungeon Meshi
- one of the best Monogatari arcs, thanks to Nadeko + Yotsugi Ononoki as main characters and no Araragi
- best degenerate/pervert MC of all time, Hiiragi Utena from Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete
- best bratty MC of the last 10 years (I mean since Matoi Ryuko), Iseri Nina from Girls Band Cry
- best romance anime of the last 7 years (I mean since Kuzu no Honkai), Gimai Seikatsu
- a decent remake with a very good soundtrack for Spice & Wolf, which makes it a bit better than the old adaptation
- one of the very few good reincarnation anime, entirely carried by the passion put into making a soulful adaptation, Dainanaoji

The one flaw is the lack of good new battle shounen, only Mato Seihei no Slave was fun despite a subpar adaptation. And no, it doesn't look like Dandadan is going to solve this issue.
53 minutes ago

Sep 2016
Great year, my favorites changed quite a bit.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
46 minutes ago

Aug 2020
One of the worst years ever. I've only watched two new anime from 2024 and neither is great. Tried a few others including remakes but couldn't continue further.
28 minutes ago

May 2021
a good year for anime but I think following last year was a tough gig, 2023 was pretty peak

the stuff I’ve really been looking forward to in 2024 has yet to come though so I think it’ll only get better
19 minutes ago

Apr 2020
Until the end of the year, I'll watch half of anime I watched in 2023.

Not considering sequels we had good things like: Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete, Tonari no Youkai-san, Kaijuu 8-gou, Dungeon no Naka no Hito and Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! On Fall, the only new anime I'm excited for is Dandadan.

Until now, the best anime of the year for me is Tonari no Youkai-san, it was a rollercoaster of emotions.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube

More topics from this board

» If there was an anime based off your whole life, How liked would the anime be ?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

14 by Sheol01 »»
4 minutes ago

» Are moe blob elves more popular and beloved than high elves?

Catalano - 6 hours ago

22 by luffysenchou »»
6 minutes ago

» What are the LEAST popular completed anime you've watched?

thewiru - Sep 9

36 by zombie_pegasus »»
7 minutes ago

» Iis dot hack older than SAO? which is which

Phantomnocomics - 8 hours ago

4 by Sheol01 »»
15 minutes ago

» Are there any cute boys doing cute things anime?

Mattenan - Sep 26

8 by AcD4c »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.