Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 15, 10:35 AM
Feb 2023
When researching the worst anime (TV show, not including movies or other), I found examples like Skelter Heaven often appeared, and other shows. Whilst Skelter Heaven is, according to the MAL ranking system, the worst piece of anime media, it is a 19 minute OVA based on a PS2 game for fans of that game. I wanted to find the actual worst show, something that was a real anime. Something that had been seasonal, that had a manga behind it and people who actually tuned it to watch it weekly. Using MAL's score leaderboard, I manipulated the url to reach the very last page of rated shows, and here it was. The statistically worst show MAL has ever had - Ex-Arm. Well done, Visual Flight, you did something nobody else has ever done. You made an anime with an average score of under 3 *thunderous applause*. There are only 10 pieces of media that have ever scored lower than this - and they are all rather odd OVAs and ONAs. Actually what is this. I want to watch it out of curiosity. Anyone suggest it?
Jul 15, 10:55 AM
Dec 2020
The issue with it is it cannot decide on what it wants to be, some characters whilst on the same panel are 2d and 3d.
Jul 15, 10:59 AM
May 2016
You can watch it once, because there are funny scenes, but it's relatively boring.
Jul 15, 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
I personally think Gibiate was much worse.
Ex-Arm is based on a manga that isn't half bad and while the adaptation is obviously botched, it still somehow managed to convey that manga has potential and if you want to experience the story, you should forget about anime and go there. On top of that, Ex-Arm works quite well as ironical comedy if you force yourself to not take it seriously. It is "so bad it's actually good" at some points.
Gibiate on the other hand is an anime original and has no redeeming quality whatsoever. It doesn't even quality as "so bad it's good". It's painfully boring, miserable and tedious experience.

Jul 25, 10:43 PM

Jul 2009
Reply to Piromysl
I personally think Gibiate was much worse.
Ex-Arm is based on a manga that isn't half bad and while the adaptation is obviously botched, it still somehow managed to convey that manga has potential and if you want to experience the story, you should forget about anime and go there. On top of that, Ex-Arm works quite well as ironical comedy if you force yourself to not take it seriously. It is "so bad it's actually good" at some points.
Gibiate on the other hand is an anime original and has no redeeming quality whatsoever. It doesn't even quality as "so bad it's good". It's painfully boring, miserable and tedious experience.
@Piromysl As someone who has watched both Gibiate and Ex-Arm, I have to disagree on your statement that Gibiate isn't "so bad it's good." Maybe if you were watching it on your own, but it's a riot with friends. My husband and I watched both together while they were airing and we could not stop laughing with both of them.

@sir_zedmore I highly recommend this show AND Gibiate if you're looking for a a terrible anime. Grab some friends and some booze and have fun, neither show will disappoint.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

67 by Destroyer31 »»
Jul 10, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 21, 2021

22 by ionelHeredia »»
May 17, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 14, 2021

26 by ionelHeredia »»
May 14, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

18 by ionelHeredia »»
May 11, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 28, 2021

25 by ionelHeredia »»
May 10, 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.