Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime character has the coolest theme while being irrelevant in their series

New
Jul 1, 1:25 PM

May 2020
I made a thread ranting about this some time ago but this is another point in the itinerary of "Yugioh 5D's does not respect Izayoi Aki". They gave her such a cool theme and then were like, welp our work here is done. Nooo, please just let her do something, anything! haaah... (Technically this theme is from the season where Aki is the villain but I don't care, it counts)

https://youtu.be/pzz8-snA-zA?si=KitmgoMpZO3tySL9

(I'm posting the raw link because the embed is not working, one of these days I will figure out why -_-)
Jul 1, 1:28 PM

Sep 2016
There are irrelevant characters who have their own theme? I didn't know and don't know any.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 1, 1:31 PM

Sep 2018
If I had to pick 1 it would be Chad from Bleach.
Jul 1, 1:37 PM

May 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
There are irrelevant characters who have their own theme? I didn't know and don't know any.
@Zarutaku I guess it does come down to your personal definition. A main/supporting character that generally exists where the story is happening but does not contribute is still more relevant than some rando that only shows up for one episode, but they just feel more irrelevant by virtue of how much screentime they get vs what the do in the show.

I think Honda is another good example, also from Yugioh. Literally the only thing of importance he does in the entire show is throw bakuras amulet into a forest. Nevertheless, he is always on the sidelines cheering. I think Rock lee might also qualify, although he is a fan favourite from what I remember he has like 2 fights in the series, and both are pre time-skip (Don't quote me on this, I do also remember a kerfuffle with Kisame but that wasn't a real fight with winners and losers, I also did not watch the ninja war arc).
Jul 1, 1:40 PM

May 2020
Reply to rohan121
If I had to pick 1 it would be Chad from Bleach.
@rohan121 Absolutely. I always joke about this with my friends saying "why is ichigo trying so hard?" he could just not fight demons to the death ya know? That goes doubly so for Sado. He has his own unique power system and everything and he just lives in obscurity inside bleach XD
Jul 1, 1:45 PM

Jun 2024
One character that comes to mind is L from Death Note. His theme is incredibly iconic, but honestly, he's not that impactful in the grand scheme of the series. He's not a very well-written character and becomes less relevant as the story progresses. It's almost ironic that such a cool theme is wasted on a character who doesn't live up to the hype.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jul 1, 1:53 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to BimJomp
One character that comes to mind is L from Death Note. His theme is incredibly iconic, but honestly, he's not that impactful in the grand scheme of the series. He's not a very well-written character and becomes less relevant as the story progresses. It's almost ironic that such a cool theme is wasted on a character who doesn't live up to the hype.
@BimJomp why you think that L is a bad written character ? I disagree with your take mostly but I actually wanna know why you think like that
Jul 1, 1:54 PM

Jun 2020
Sadly a lot of Bleach characters but especially Ukitake oh and Yosano from BSD
Jul 1, 1:59 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to kirA_-_
@BimJomp why you think that L is a bad written character ? I disagree with your take mostly but I actually wanna know why you think like that
@kirA_-_ Oh, where do I begin? L, while iconic, is often overrated. His supposed brilliance often comes off as contrived, relying more on plot conveniences than genuine intellect. His character lacks depth and growth, remaining static throughout his arc.

On the other hand, Mello is a much better character with more depth. Mello's unpredictability and willingness to embrace morally gray actions make him a far more intriguing and dynamic character. His flaws and struggles add layers to his personality, creating a more compelling narrative than L's one-dimensional genius act.

As for Near, he's alright but reminds me too much of L. He lacks the originality and complexity that make characters like Mello stand out. Near feels like a watered-down version of L, without adding much new to the story.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jul 1, 2:05 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to BimJomp
@kirA_-_ Oh, where do I begin? L, while iconic, is often overrated. His supposed brilliance often comes off as contrived, relying more on plot conveniences than genuine intellect. His character lacks depth and growth, remaining static throughout his arc.

On the other hand, Mello is a much better character with more depth. Mello's unpredictability and willingness to embrace morally gray actions make him a far more intriguing and dynamic character. His flaws and struggles add layers to his personality, creating a more compelling narrative than L's one-dimensional genius act.

As for Near, he's alright but reminds me too much of L. He lacks the originality and complexity that make characters like Mello stand out. Near feels like a watered-down version of L, without adding much new to the story.
@BimJomp Hm I agree that Mello is most interesting out of them but I think L didn’t have the growth you talk about mostly because Light still kind of being an normal person. While when Light meet Mello and N he was start too losing himself . This is why I think L cannot and didnt have a change to act differently especially of the plan that Light demonstrated while being in jail so L did see Light more humanly than the others. I really think if we see L with the second part Light he gonna act a lot of differently

I agree that N was water down version of L just he had more opportunities

More topics from this board

» Guess the Socionics types of your Favorite characters (fast and easy way provided)

IpreferEcchi - Jun 28

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » will you love your waifu if they become fat in the future?

deg - Jul 1

24 by HanamiDango »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you feel about panchira?

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
16 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

140 by perseii »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you actually care about relatable characters?

Akuya - Yesterday

25 by six20 »»
19 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.