Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 30, 9:59 AM
Nov 2022
So, I just finished watching the anime, and I loved it. I truly, genuinely did. Idk if this has been said before, but I felt this season didn't appreciate Shuichi at all.

Apart from that, I have seen a few complaints going around saying that there was a lot of drama and it was unpleasant, but when you look at it from a realistic point of view, it is pretty accurate. When you are in a club, you are bound to encounter unpleasant events, and when you grow up, you will be confused about your future. Heck, I wasn't sure what I wanted to study until I finished my third year of high school (although I found Reina a bit annoying this season). So, what do you guys think about all of this? Sorry for the long post!
amusedpatataJun 30, 10:21 AM
Jun 30, 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
It's not just this season. His role was severely diminished in whole adaptation.

Jun 30, 11:54 AM
Nov 2023
I think it was because Reina was the secondary main character, and not shuuichi. that is to say, she fulfilled the role (sort of) that he was to play if they had been more true to the source material. they just didn't have anything for him to do other than be a failed love interest.

They did do him dirty but I do understand why. Reina is a far more interesting character when played against Kumiko.

Another potential motivation is that KyoAni was trying to mirror (or was drawing on past experience from) K-ON in some ways, and moe slice of life anime like that don't really have much of a place for males. I even hate to bring that up, but it's a possibility.
Jun 30, 12:45 PM
Aug 2019
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved this series. Kinda forgot about Shuuichi lol, because it felt like they forgot about him too.
I'm not satisfied with the ending because Shuuichi never got to be with Kumiko as far as I know, and kinda wanted Reina and Kumiko to be more involved with each other after school (like if Kumiko went with her overseas).

Seen it coming - Kumiko becoming a teacher. Moreover, still wanted Kumiko and Reina to still be together despite Reina being an annoying child the whole season. I won't complain about the ending entirely because it felt more realistic anyway. You never know what's going to happen in the future, and/or you'll never get what you want either; which we've seen many times happen.

Also wished to see what happened with the other characters and their futures.
Jun 30, 12:57 PM
Nov 2023
there are six special episodes. we might get some of that closure eventually.
Jun 30, 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Deanno-no-Mikoto
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved this series. Kinda forgot about Shuuichi lol, because it felt like they forgot about him too.
I'm not satisfied with the ending because Shuuichi never got to be with Kumiko as far as I know, and kinda wanted Reina and Kumiko to be more involved with each other after school (like if Kumiko went with her overseas).

Seen it coming - Kumiko becoming a teacher. Moreover, still wanted Kumiko and Reina to still be together despite Reina being an annoying child the whole season. I won't complain about the ending entirely because it felt more realistic anyway. You never know what's going to happen in the future, and/or you'll never get what you want either; which we've seen many times happen.

@Deanno-no-Mikoto

Shuuichi does get with Kumiko in this version. The hairpin she gives back to him is on her book in the final scene.

I think his character was a good and supportive one. I'm interested in reading the novels to see what changes for him exist, but I think that because the anime version isn't meant to be a romance focused story, he played his part he was intended to play by KyoAni. Reina just fit as a better character to have a focus on from the start.
Jun 30, 1:06 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Deanno-no-Mikoto

@Deanno-no-Mikoto
Shuuichi never got to be with Kumiko as far as I know

They ended up dating since she has the pin in the last scene
Jun 30, 1:09 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to lycoping
there are six special episodes. we might get some of that closure eventually.
@lycoping I hope we get that six special episode, I am feeling so empty after all this years that this anime is finally over.
Jun 30, 1:11 PM
Nov 2023
ggloll said:
@lycoping I hope we get that six special episode, I am feeling so empty after all this years that this anime is finally over.

the episodes already exist. they're just bluray specials right now. crunchyroll does tend to put those on after a period of time, so I'm hopeful.
10 hours ago
Jul 2021
Deanno-no-Mikoto said:

if u noticed at the ending, kumiko holding her file has a hairpin in it, it was a hairpin given to kumiko during summer camp in the finale movie by shuuichi iirc. However kumiko returned the hairpin because she wanted to focus in the finals, and told shuiichi that if he still wanted to date after the finals, to return the hairpin back.

More topics from this board

» It's over bros. No more Kumiko from now on. I am not sure how to cope. Thank you KyoAni for this.

cythraul - Jun 30

38 by Laplace_kun »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DarkHumor04 - Jun 30

164 by Roqueiro »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Ultimate Hibike! Euphonium Best girl poll

cythraul - Jun 30

34 by nirererin »»
2 hours ago

» Your favorite OSTs from the series?

gprime70 - 4 hours ago

0 by gprime70 »»
4 hours ago

» Good for you Shuuichi SPOILERS

MrRant - Jun 30

13 by Laplace_kun »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.