Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 5:13 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to bevarnow
I think Satou Matsuzaka from Happy Sugar Life would be a good fit. There are points in the story where you almost want to sympathize with Matsuzaka, as you see how they were brought up or how they defend their actions and beliefs. But then you have to remember

For me, I can't exactly love Matsuzaka's character, but for some reason I can't hate the character as well.

@bevarnow

I am in a similar boat to yourself regarding Satou. For some people, she is fucked up but in a relatable way that discomforts the viewer. Someone who craves love and affection to such an extent that they become a worst person for, someone who at the margins can only find their happiness in the most depraved manner possible.

Satou "does not mean harm" in the sense that she cares for Shio and does not molest her (Wow, such a great moral character), but she inflicts it nonetheless due to her own psychological hang-ups, causing her to imprison Shio and lie to her constantly. I cannot fault her for having these sorts of feelings regarding love and abandonment, but I also can never excuse her actions.

Satou is disgusting, but pitiable.
Jun 14, 5:47 AM

Oct 2018
This character from Tate no Yuusha is so badly written that it's impossible to hate her, she's just cringe, worse than any soap opera villain.

Rudeus is impossible to like, the moment you make your character a pedo, he/she is beyond redemption.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 14, 4:04 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to Zarutaku

@JaaShooUhh I would even pay money to get bullied by her, and enjoy it to the fullest.
@Zarutaku yeah, not me. I'd gladly go to prison for pushing them into an oncoming train.
Jun 16, 12:02 PM
Nov 2023
Any character is lovable if you're stupid or deranged enough. I once saw a truck decked out with Jared Leto's Joker with painted decals and everything, so at this point nothing can surprise me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

141 by Pages_Pages »»
37 seconds ago

» Do you actually care about Anime "Controversy"?

Dragevard - 12 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ?

ame - 36 minutes ago

5 by rohan121 »»
11 minutes ago

» If you could do one major change in an Anime, what would it be?

MoshiMochi43 - Jun 23

41 by DoisacChopper »»
23 minutes ago

» Would You Watch a Gender Swapped Version of K-On, Queen Blade, Love Live, and Pretty Cure.

RedTea33 - 4 hours ago

11 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.