Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 4, 4:30 AM
Jun 2021
It honestly feels like if I choose the manga or the anime, either way I am missing out on something. Such as music, cool additional scenes that are benefecial for the story etc. Manga is awesome as a medium, however, because watching is slower paced, my brain remembers the story better. I never remember the story if I read manga, it's almost as if I never read it all. But the manga has no weird filler (although I don't hate filler as a whole) I am able to engage in the story without having the possible option of fiddling around or getting distracted like I do when I read manga. However...

Why does it all seem different? Sometimes theres entire scenes missing in the anime, or just scenes that werent in the manga, or the tanslation is completely off and im left scratching my head what they're even saying. I spend more time reading Naruto wiki than I do learning by watching because the subs are so different compared to the manga. As a reader or watcher, I pay attention to dialouge very attentively, words have meaning. Genuis and talented are two different meanings yet are used at times for the same meaning when this is inaccurate.

How do I get the most authentic expereince for Naruto? (And no, I won't waste my time learning fluent japaneese just to understand what the characters are saying. I don't want to go that far)
Jun 4, 5:37 AM
Jan 2021
I’m going to rewatch every single episode of Naruto one day
Jun 4, 5:48 AM

Apr 2015
The most authentic experience is to watch the anime, Then read the manga. Then play the Storm games on consoles and pc. Relive the story with minor additions here and then, Hahaha.
Jun 4, 5:54 AM
Feb 2021
Rabnawaz2 said:
It honestly feels like if I choose the manga or the anime, either way I am missing out on something. Such as music, cool additional scenes that are benefecial for the story etc. Manga is awesome as a medium, however, because watching is slower paced, my brain remembers the story better. I never remember the story if I read manga, it's almost as if I never read it all. But the manga has no weird filler (although I don't hate filler as a whole) I am able to engage in the story without having the possible option of fiddling around or getting distracted like I do when I read manga. However...

Why does it all seem different? Sometimes theres entire scenes missing in the anime, or just scenes that werent in the manga, or the tanslation is completely off and im left scratching my head what they're even saying. I spend more time reading Naruto wiki than I do learning by watching because the subs are so different compared to the manga. As a reader or watcher, I pay attention to dialouge very attentively, words have meaning. Genuis and talented are two different meanings yet are used at times for the same meaning when this is inaccurate.

How do I get the most authentic expereince for Naruto? (And no, I won't waste my time learning fluent japaneese just to understand what the characters are saying. I don't want to go that far)

As Naruto is an older anime, the subtitle translation quality wont be the best unfortunately. I just watched on Crunchyroll when i started it and just watched information videos incase i was confused after finishing which there seemed to not be much problems. With fillers there is the filler site where it shows which episodes are filler or mix or canon. The mix episodes may have some references to filler moments or scenes and generally is noticeable but it’s not that bad and generally the canon adaptations are very true to the manga. As well as this, the anime does also add in extra information and other information throughout the Naruto world which might be interesting. Overall, i dont think the subtitles would be too much of an issue (unless there is and i just cant think of one right now) and the anime is incredible (filler skip optional, i just watched most of them because i didnt know what filler was then LOL) and enjoy the great story, the OSTs etc, i hope ive given you a better idea to watch it (of course if you want to read the manga as well then go ahead because it is amazing too) but let me know if you need anything else
Jun 4, 5:55 AM
Feb 2021
Biisoo said:
The most authentic experience is to watch the anime, Then read the manga. Then play the Storm games on consoles and pc. Relive the story with minor additions here and then, Hahaha.

True, the storm games are great
Jun 4, 6:08 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Watch the anime and skip fillers.
Don’t know if it’s necessarily the most authentic naruto experience, but if music and so on are things that are important enough to mention for you, then naruto isn’t the show to skip out on those, naruto’s openings and ost are goated.

Also, even if the adaptation isn’t perfect, it gets most things right and naruto anime fights just hit different, possibly the best in anime in general (IMO), so I’d say definitely go with the anime.
Jun 4, 6:08 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to dbirkett
Rabnawaz2 said:

As Naruto is an older anime, the subtitle translation quality wont be the best unfortunately. I just watched on Crunchyroll when i started it and just watched information videos incase i was confused after finishing which there seemed to not be much problems. With fillers there is the filler site where it shows which episodes are filler or mix or canon. The mix episodes may have some references to filler moments or scenes and generally is noticeable but it’s not that bad and generally the canon adaptations are very true to the manga. As well as this, the anime does also add in extra information and other information throughout the Naruto world which might be interesting. Overall, i dont think the subtitles would be too much of an issue (unless there is and i just cant think of one right now) and the anime is incredible (filler skip optional, i just watched most of them because i didnt know what filler was then LOL) and enjoy the great story, the OSTs etc, i hope ive given you a better idea to watch it (of course if you want to read the manga as well then go ahead because it is amazing too) but let me know if you need anything else
@dbirkett i think i'll read the manga whilst watching the anime, to compare both
Jun 4, 6:26 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to betaweeb
Watch the anime and skip fillers.
Don’t know if it’s necessarily the most authentic naruto experience, but if music and so on are things that are important enough to mention for you, then naruto isn’t the show to skip out on those, naruto’s openings and ost are goated.

Also, even if the adaptation isn’t perfect, it gets most things right and naruto anime fights just hit different, possibly the best in anime in general (IMO), so I’d say definitely go with the anime.
@betaweeb im sticking with the anime but sometimes things make no sense so its frustrating having to research what they're ACTUALLY mean or said EVERY episode
Jun 4, 6:50 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Biisoo
@Biisoo im sticking with the anime but sometimes things make no sense so its frustrating having to research what they're ACTUALLY mean or said EVERY episode

i don't have the luxury to game lol
Jun 4, 6:56 AM
Dec 2022
Naru_Se said:

the day will never come, the more anime you watch the more you will understand what iam saying.
Jun 4, 6:57 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Rabnawaz2 said:
@betaweeb im sticking with the anime but sometimes things make no sense so its frustrating having to research what they're ACTUALLY mean or said EVERY episode

I don’t remember anything in particular that was like that for me, but I guess it has been quite a while since I’ve seen it, so if reading the manga helps you with that and you don’t mind doing it then go for it.

Regardless, I hope you’re enjoying and will keep enjoying the series, whichever medium you experience it on.
Jun 4, 7:59 AM
May 2015
The manga is the best version of the raw story, but the animation and music of the anime can elevate certain moments. However, the artwork of the manga is superb and many moments are made better by the manga’s superior artwork and art consistency. I’m a manga fan and mostly prefer source material over adaptations, and the same is true here. But the anime is a pretty good adaptation overall despite some censorship, alteration of some scenes and filler. Just do whatever you want, neither way is necessarily wrong, but I do think the anime does enough wrong for me to not prefer it over the manga.
Jun 4, 8:02 AM
Dec 2022
Rabnawaz2 said:

can you give an example of what didn't make no sense to you . any 1 or 2 is fine. because most of the times watching later episode will explain things that are left unexplained. I've watched naruto without skipping any filler, and I don't think naruto is so hard to understand. miner details to dialogs doesn't matter/change much, especially when you're watching a complete series with hundreds of episodes.
Yeshaiah2015yeshJun 4, 8:34 AM
Jun 4, 8:31 AM
Oct 2023
At this point in my life I’ve seen Naruto Parts 1 & 2 front to back around 3-5 times. I just started reading the manga and I gotta say I’m loving it. I don’t regret the route I took, but a lot of people say you should watch the anime first anyways
Jun 4, 9:34 AM
Jul 2021
just watch the dub lol it's better and more engaging
Jun 4, 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
Rabnawaz2 said:
@Biisoo im sticking with the anime but sometimes things make no sense so its frustrating having to research what they're ACTUALLY mean or said EVERY episode

If you have any plot specific or any queries related to Naruto, You can ask me all day. Naruto is my favourite anime/manga.
You can adde aswell if ya want.
Jun 4, 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
dbirkett said:
Biisoo said:

True, the storm games are great

And if we go even further back then the Ultimate Ninja games on PS2, Goddamn. Those were the golden days. I bought a PS2, Just for the Ultimate Ninja games, Those memories with my brother hold a special place in my heart.
Jun 4, 10:07 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Biisoo
Rabnawaz2 said:

If you have any plot specific or any queries related to Naruto, You can ask me all day. Naruto is my favourite anime/manga.
You can adde aswell if ya want.
@Biisoo sure, have you got discord or snapchat
Jun 4, 10:08 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to yug_2584
just watch the dub lol it's better and more engaging
@yug_2584 fr? i thought sub was the best way to go for naruto?
Jun 4, 10:11 AM
Jul 2021
Rabnawaz2 said:

bro I'd say if it's your first time watching naruto then watch in dub , you will like it then if you have time to rewatch u can try sub , there are some moments in sub that hit diff and some in dub that hit diff but personally i liked voice of characters in dub more appealing
Jun 4, 10:31 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to yug_2584
Rabnawaz2 said:

bro I'd say if it's your first time watching naruto then watch in dub , you will like it then if you have time to rewatch u can try sub , there are some moments in sub that hit diff and some in dub that hit diff but personally i liked voice of characters in dub more appealing
@yug_2584 the dub isn't butchered or censored or anything right? like 4kids? or dbz dub
Jun 4, 11:06 AM

Apr 2015
Rabnawaz2 said:
@Biisoo sure, have you got discord or snapchat

Discord is same username as here, Not much active there though. I'm mostly active here.
Jun 4, 11:43 AM
May 2022
Rabnawaz2 said:

things will not make sense if you won't watch the filleres actually kost of the fillers are very good
Jun 4, 12:30 PM
Jul 2023
When I watched it I kind of just skipped the fillers because I found it distracting from the main plot, especially when smth interesting happens and the next 10 eps are filler. But after I was done I went back to watch some of the fillers.
Ig it depends on what you prioritize; the story or the characters, cause the fillers will show you more abt the characters and their personalities but aren’t really beneficial to the story.
I’d recommend watching the anime over the manga because it’s a lot more engaging and I feel like the fights carry a lot of the show’s weight which are usually better to watch animated
Jun 4, 12:32 PM

Jun 2024
The manga is just much better in general, but sometimes the anime makes some of the fights a bit cooler.

Read the manga for the story and art, then watch the anime for the fights. The Storm games make the fights cooler as well.
Jun 4, 12:49 PM
May 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Naru_Se said:

the day will never come, the more anime you watch the more you will understand what iam saying.

Cap I literally did this
Jun 4, 1:04 PM
Mar 2019
watch the anime and the filler, the filler are actually good and gives you more Naruto to watch and watch the movies, plus read the manga as I seen some stuff cut or change I haven't read the manga but I seen some things of it but I rather watch the anime plus play the Naruto games it does follow the story. I rewatch the anime at least a few times waiting for Boruto part 1 to finished in English dub to rewatch it as well both are bangers.
Jun 4, 8:00 PM
Dec 2022
SirPib said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Cap I literally did this

🧢💨"___" , say/do that after you watched more animes atlest 200/300, when you know a thing or two about anime
Jun 4, 9:00 PM
Jan 2020
OP, as someone who read the Manga weekly and watched from the last Canon Arc of OG Naruto onwards, I can tell you both are valid paths.

There is a third option however, it's called Naruto Kai. It's a fan edit, it removes all of the filler, and allows so you don't have to navigate through all of the filler.

It's the Naruto anime experience, as intended. It follows the Manga one for one. Google it.
Jun 4, 9:34 PM
May 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
SirPib said:

Cap I literally did this

🧢💨"___" , say/do that after you watched more animes atlest 200/300, when you know a thing or two about anime

I didn’t realize you were such a chad my b
Jun 4, 9:47 PM
Jan 2022
Rabnawaz2 said:

watch the anime, like you said you will miss god tier music and good animated fights, you can skip fillers but there are good one's as well, for example indra's and ashura's story [ https://youtu.be/OYPwI4Y-tDA?si=FOjkQeT1Vt7O3efR ] you will miss so many emotions anime gives too
Jun 4, 11:39 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to AGiantWeeb
OP, as someone who read the Manga weekly and watched from the last Canon Arc of OG Naruto onwards, I can tell you both are valid paths.

There is a third option however, it's called Naruto Kai. It's a fan edit, it removes all of the filler, and allows so you don't have to navigate through all of the filler.

It's the Naruto anime experience, as intended. It follows the Manga one for one. Google it.
@AGiantWeeb my fear of watching kai is that how can i be sure the whole project is done correctly?
Jun 5, 12:07 AM
Mar 2021
Rabnawaz2 said:

watch the anime,skip the fillers ( you can find many filler guide on internet )and switch to manga after episode 479 of anime ( you could also watch the aftermath arc of Naruto which was around 5 episodes )

some arcs such as pain arc are better in manga but continue the anime version if you started in the anime version although you can read it in manga later
Jun 5, 12:28 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Khushal_v
Rabnawaz2 said:

watch the anime,skip the fillers ( you can find many filler guide on internet )and switch to manga after episode 479 of anime ( you could also watch the aftermath arc of Naruto which was around 5 episodes )

some arcs such as pain arc are better in manga but continue the anime version if you started in the anime version although you can read it in manga later
@Khushal_v a lot of switching back and fourth makes an unorganized experience for me
Jun 5, 12:42 AM
May 2024
Naru_Se said:

I wanted to do the same but it's so long I don't know why but it feels like waiting for the end of one piece and rewatch it but still Naruto ended is a masterpiece
Jun 5, 4:16 AM
Feb 2012
Biisoo said:

the games were really good tho was good pace and not dragging
Jun 5, 6:31 AM
Aug 2016
Rabnawaz2 said:

sounds like OCD to me, take it from someone with OCD, in the end it doesn't matter, just pick what you enjoy the most and don't focus to much on the little things
Jun 5, 8:27 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to THiRDEYEKAii
Rabnawaz2 said:

sounds like OCD to me, take it from someone with OCD, in the end it doesn't matter, just pick what you enjoy the most and don't focus to much on the little things
@THiRDEYEKAii did u perform some mind reading jutsu on me? iv been battling ocd for 3 years, its so tiring , u just can't help but do ur compulsions in an endless cycle
Jun 5, 8:37 AM

Aug 2019
If you want the most authentic version of Naruto, then read the manga since that was Kishimoto's vision. Sure he was influenced by other series and his editor too at the start, but ultimately he poured his heart and soul into the manga week after week, whereas he had no involvement in anything anime related other than supervising the final two movies iirc.

Also as much as I like the pre-TS Naruto anime, it definitely had issues with pacing every now and then and had some pretty lame animation at times.
Jun 5, 10:23 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Early_Morning
If you want the most authentic version of Naruto, then read the manga since that was Kishimoto's vision. Sure he was influenced by other series and his editor too at the start, but ultimately he poured his heart and soul into the manga week after week, whereas he had no involvement in anything anime related other than supervising the final two movies iirc.

Also as much as I like the pre-TS Naruto anime, it definitely had issues with pacing every now and then and had some pretty lame animation at times.
@Early_Morning im going with the anime
Jun 5, 1:57 PM
Aug 2016
Reply to Rabnawaz2
@THiRDEYEKAii did u perform some mind reading jutsu on me? iv been battling ocd for 3 years, its so tiring , u just can't help but do ur compulsions in an endless cycle
@Rabnawaz2 ya mine kicked in hard at 14, i'm 32 now and i've wasted years of my life battling it, trying to make things the way i want them physically and mentally, the best advice i can give you is it's just not worth it, life is too damn short, and you end up missing out on so much while stuck in your head
Jun 5, 3:04 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to THiRDEYEKAii
@Rabnawaz2 ya mine kicked in hard at 14, i'm 32 now and i've wasted years of my life battling it, trying to make things the way i want them physically and mentally, the best advice i can give you is it's just not worth it, life is too damn short, and you end up missing out on so much while stuck in your head
@THiRDEYEKAii only recently has mine died down, the best but hardest thing to do is DON'T do your compulsions and break the cycle
Jun 8, 10:01 AM
Jan 2021
Pyr4m1d said:
Naru_Se said:

I wanted to do the same but it's so long I don't know why but it feels like waiting for the end of one piece and rewatch it but still Naruto ended is a masterpiece

Facts mann. I don’t if it I’ll be possible but one day I’d like to watch rewatch Naruto. It was a very big part of my childhood
Jun 13, 12:55 AM
Nov 2023
In my experience if you enjoyed an anime you will probably get extra intake from reading the manga and vice versa
Jun 13, 1:52 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to themoneylender
In my experience if you enjoyed an anime you will probably get extra intake from reading the manga and vice versa
@themoneylender i see i see
Jun 18, 12:41 AM
Jul 2021
I would suggest that you watch anime as it would be easier and you can easily skip the fillers. Fillers are added for various reasons but it would be best if you watch anime and then after completing it read the manga as you would be able to easily follow through the scenes and it would be easier for you to understand and remember what is going on.
Jun 18, 12:56 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to YuliusVros
I would suggest that you watch anime as it would be easier and you can easily skip the fillers. Fillers are added for various reasons but it would be best if you watch anime and then after completing it read the manga as you would be able to easily follow through the scenes and it would be easier for you to understand and remember what is going on.
@YuliusVros I'm mostly watching the anime but when I'm struggling to catch my focus on and hold on to it (i cant help this) i will read the manga.
Im thinking of having days where I only watch the anime and days where I only read the manga
Im too easily distracted by things inside my brain
Thats why even though iv been here since 2021, I have only like 19 entries
I wont watch the anime or anything at all untill I can get into a state of FULL concentration

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 199 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Apr 21, 2011

19 by Zinrei_16 »»
Today, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 220 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Alicia3000 - Aug 31, 2009

132 by XSPENZY »»
Sep 18, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 135 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 15, 2009

39 by AlexTWI5 »»
Sep 17, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 )

5hreddy - Jan 8, 2009

61 by AlexTWI5 »»
Sep 17, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 132 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 14, 2009

41 by AlexTWI5 »»
Sep 16, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.