Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 8:36 AM
Aug 2021
I've come to learn that the japanese definitely play a lot with confessions and the ambiguity of their love expressions when it comes to this kind of plots...
So: was that a romantic confession or a friendship or "I'm a fan" confession?

Examples: Hibike Euphonium has that tiny spot in it's awesome story of how KyoAni included the whole Yuri Bait thing of Reina and Kumiko saying I love you and actually the same thing: "this is a confession of love " several times, and just being really good friends.
This season we actually have the example of how one can get confused in "Whispering me a love song" with Yori-senpai actually confussing her Kouhais words for a love confession when it was just a fan declaration.

So was this a real love love talk..or another Yuri Bait confusion ?
May 26, 9:00 AM
Jul 2022
honestly never understood the whole yuri-bait thing
just because people tell others that they love them doesnt have to mean that they have to be romantically involved with each other, there are plenty of others reasons to say that to people

in Girls Band Cry's case it didnt feel romantic, more like an expression of admiration and close friendship, then again if they do decide to go the yuri-route i wouldnt be mad in the slightest
May 26, 9:28 AM
Sep 2020
seemed pretty unambiguously romantic to me, in Japanese and English.
akatsukinolunaMay 26, 12:13 PM
May 26, 10:55 AM
Jun 2015
Based on the context a love confession seems completely strange. Nina is characterized as so far away from falling in love from the start of the series (she didn't even know gay people existed). In the episode, Momoka says how she doesn't want Nina to become who she currently is (she clearly has a lot of self-doubts about if what she did was right or if she should have just stayed with the band) and Nina is saying that who she currently is is fine because she stayed true to herself. At the end of them going at each other and Nina starting to think she dislikes Momoka they make amends and Nina says that she was right to like who Momoka is, not who she used to be.

I get that lots of people will just take it literally but the context is just so weird to think that she is romantically in love. Momoka wasn't flustered or anything either, she was just happy to realize Nina was right and she was relieved that she could move on from her self-doubts on this matter.

Maybe we get a real confession at the end though!
May 27, 5:38 AM
Feb 2022
seemed to me like an actual confession but we'll see
May 27, 7:40 AM
Dec 2022
Well, Jukki Hanada is the writer of Girls Band Cry, so he has experience doing this sort of thing as he also is the writer of Hibike xd
I'm happy with both interpretations, I think the series will handle in a good way either route it chooses related to the confession of Nina (wich sounds a lot romantic). I only have to warning Nina, as a musician myself, that if she wants to go pro with the band, it is a bad idea to date your bandmates xd that potentially leads to mix "work" with feelings. In a pro band, your bandmates are your colleagues first, and then friend/couple/wathever second
May 28, 4:40 PM
Apr 2018
Well, the japanese voice said "kokuhaku" and that means "confession" in romantic couple context so...
May 29, 11:32 AM
Jun 2020
I like how everyone is having Hibike PTSD
May 29, 11:47 AM

May 2021
Reply to TheLibrarian400
I like how everyone is having Hibike PTSD
@TheLibrarian400 LOL so true. I'd take either route available for GBC. I don't know if I'm totally sold on Nina and Momoka being a romantic couple just yet. I am sold on them being good friends and having respect for each other. More so Nina towards Momoka considering she was originally a massive fan of hers.

Kumiko and Reina on the other hand... I'm 100% here for that romantic relationship. lol
May 31, 11:21 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to mobxmentality
just because people tell others that they love them doesnt have to mean that they have to be romantically involved with each other, there are plenty of others reasons to say that to people

in Girls Band Cry's case it didnt feel romantic, more like an expression of admiration and close friendship, then again if they do decide to go the yuri-route i wouldnt be mad in the slightest
mobxmentality said:
Finally! It's rare to see someone make sense these days. Thank you! Plenty of people on Mal apparently have 0 social life or have never interacted with real girls so they easily jump to conclusions and are carried away by fantasies (same goes with ship-baits or incest-baits). I always roll me eyes when a perfectly normal and natural relationship between girls is amplified to romance by these delusional people. Hugging, kissing on the cheek, sleepovers (at times sharing the same bad) is perfectly normal thing between girls and doesn't necessarily equal to them being gay for each other.
May 31, 4:12 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
mobxmentality said:
Finally! It's rare to see someone make sense these days. Thank you! Plenty of people on Mal apparently have 0 social life or have never interacted with real girls so they easily jump to conclusions and are carried away by fantasies (same goes with ship-baits or incest-baits). I always roll me eyes when a perfectly normal and natural relationship between girls is amplified to romance by these delusional people. Hugging, kissing on the cheek, sleepovers (at times sharing the same bad) is perfectly normal thing between girls and doesn't necessarily equal to them being gay for each other.
@Sigmar-Unberogen while what you say is 100% truth, the "baiting" part refers more to catch people that eat any and everything yuri, and in that regard one should breathe a huge sigh at the producers, theyre 100% doing it on purpose

the show is marvelous in so many aspects and it doesnt really needed this to attract people, aside from yuri tourists

well, it ended up in nothing so i guess the bait lasted only one week lmao
Jun 4, 3:59 AM

Dec 2010
apparently now even fansubbers(ripped from crunchyroll) are wrong because it's june and all kisses,hugs and kokuhakus mean romantic interest towards the same sex.
how old are the characters again?
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

153 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

43 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 26

45 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 15, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.