Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
>irl friends?

No, it is all just AI chatbots online lol...
May 25, 8:23 PM
Jan 2021
I have not met anyone IRL who watches anime. At least, none who have admitted to it and were vocal about it.
May 25, 8:29 PM

May 2018
Yes, quite a few actually. But none of them are as into it as I am, and 10 years ago most of my friends still thought it was weird.
can't yuck my yum

May 25, 8:58 PM

Feb 2021
ya my friends watch anime but they arent weird enough to make an acc on myanimelist lol

May 25, 9:34 PM

Aug 2010
No. My siblings do though, so I talk about anime with them.
May 25, 9:41 PM

Apr 2021
Some do some don't
But not as much as me. But i don't talk about anime that much even with those who watches

I normally talk about anime with my brother or cousin
May 26, 5:30 AM
May 2024
Some of my friends do, and some don't. It really depends on someone's preferences. My close friend is a fan of Naruto and he collects Funko Pops!
May 26, 7:29 AM
best user ever

May 2022
Some of them love it, some of them hate it and some of them watch Aki-Sora in the middle of french class without headphones.
inspirational quote inspirational quote - karioka
▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

May 26, 8:20 AM

Aug 2022
all my friends watch anime and/or read scans/manga.
May 26, 8:37 AM

Apr 2020
Some do, some don't, some hate it, some like it but casually.

Gee...it's like I'm describing people. Weird, right?
May 26, 9:26 AM

Apr 2022
If they do, I don't like the anime they enjoy. And most anime enjoyer IRL are annoying ppl
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
May 26, 11:35 AM
May 2016
Reply to CutieAnshin
@Marsh37 Same here my classmates only watch/read popular anime/manga like One Piece or My Hero Academia and fewer than I do. I'm afraid to discuss less popular things with them but at least I have people to talk anime/manga with that's something I guess ._.
@CutieAnshin Valid fear. I've come to accept there will always be some anime I won't be able to talk to friends about much openly so I just try to enjoy those things my own way. It depends what you like. Niche shows in genres like isekai or harem that have a bit of a trashy reputation might be hard to sell to friends, but if you like some more niche anime that are more similar to those popular shonen action anime, it might be possible to get them interested.

Its even more frustrating when I find the big new action anime mid. Everyone wants to talk about that show, meanwhile I am far more interested in discussing my new favourite romcom anime, which nobody else has seen or cares to learn about.
May 26, 11:45 AM

May 2021
Out of only a handful of friends who i have met irl, every of them watch more or less
May 26, 11:53 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Marsh37
@CutieAnshin Valid fear. I've come to accept there will always be some anime I won't be able to talk to friends about much openly so I just try to enjoy those things my own way. It depends what you like. Niche shows in genres like isekai or harem that have a bit of a trashy reputation might be hard to sell to friends, but if you like some more niche anime that are more similar to those popular shonen action anime, it might be possible to get them interested.

Its even more frustrating when I find the big new action anime mid. Everyone wants to talk about that show, meanwhile I am far more interested in discussing my new favourite romcom anime, which nobody else has seen or cares to learn about.
@Marsh37 Oh you may have a point about what you said at the end of your first paragraph. I'll try thanks
May 27, 7:08 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
They do ^.^

It's fun watching anime together with them even though we cannot do it often :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 27, 7:16 AM
Apr 2017
They do. More than I do lol. Blabla30chars
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
May 27, 8:42 AM

Sep 2023
My friends don't watch anime religiously (and those that do watch it at all, are far and few between).
It used to be WTF is meaning, all I know is loyalty.
Now it's all I know is meaning, and I'm loyal to that.
May 27, 9:27 AM

Jan 2021
A lot of my friends watch anime, there are fewer that don't watch it than that do
May 27, 10:32 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to CutieAnshin
@Swyzen I plan on learning Russian, so I'd be glad to watch anime in Russian. Thx for the info ^^
@CutieAnshin It's nice to know that someone is interested in your native language. Good luck learning :3
May 27, 11:48 AM

May 2024
Some do, and some don't. My child's parent watches anime, and so does my current s/o. I have had quite a few friends who have over the years. I also tend to try to put people on to anime at some point haha.
May 27, 1:46 PM

Dec 2019
Nahh I would kill to have an irl friend who watches anime. Only instance I've discovered was this nerdy otaku chick from high school, we exchanged a few titles of shows we loved just before graduation
May 27, 2:44 PM

Jan 2018
I don't, but I do have friends who will gladly listen me yap about the stupid trash I watch
sezbian lex
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Sep 22

70 by Memore »»
46 seconds ago

» Does anybody else not read manga because they don't know Japanese?

ForgotEyeWasHere - 1 hour ago

7 by SimplyBrazen »»
1 minute ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

672 by Memore »»
2 minutes ago

» Thoughts on HiDive for Anime Viewing?

GalacticWeiss12 - 33 minutes ago

3 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
3 minutes ago

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - Sep 22

36 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.