Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 7:21 PM

Dec 2021
Cygames' biggest hit, Uma Musume, is back just seven months after season three, this time with Cygames themselves ACCTUALLY handling the animation, in the form of a movie featuring an all new never before see Uma Musume, Jungle Pocket.

Damn, let me tell you, this is easily the best Uma Musume has ever looked. Road to the Top is impressive, no doubt, and it’s all thanks to one reason: Cygames themselves actually animated it. And wow, did they go all out. The key animation list for this movie is just mind-blowing in its size and quality. Cygames really assembled the Avengers of their department for this movie, and it shows. Seeing Saucelot work on a project like this is something I never thought I’d see, but here we are.

To me, the anime always looked decent. The first season was pretty, but seasons two and three felt like downgrades. This movie, though, is in a league of its own. It’s not even funny how much better it looks. You can clearly see that the gacha game money is boosting the budget for this movie, and I’m not complaining. Thanks to them, we get to see this beautiful masterpiece.

This being a new project for Uma Musume, there's a completely different cast, unlike any other with hardly any recurring characters. Even the beloved trainer we're used to is different this time. The spotlight is on the new character, Jungle Pocket, (or Pokke as they call her) and I have to admit, she's probably my favorite among all the main characters from Uma Musume so far. I love Special Week; she's my all-time favorite, but Pokke is really growing on me. The entire cast was a blast to watch imo. It's refreshing to have a completely new cast without any sprinkling of old characters. It's like a beginning of a new era you could say lol.

And let me tell you, the races in this movie are the most intense they've been so far... holy shit. I won't spoil too much, but just know that the final race is not only the most beautifully animated and directed race, but also the most hype and intense. The artwork, the BGM, the animation, everything about it was just perfection. I absolutely loved it.

Even as someone who isn't a big fan of Uma Musume, it saddens me to think this might not get licensed in the West. But if it does, please watch it. You don't even need to have seen the anime to enjoy this. It's easily one of the best anime movies I've watched, and I highly recommend it.

May 24, 4:55 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos
Cygames' biggest hit, Uma Musume, is back just seven months after season three, this time with Cygames themselves ACCTUALLY handling the animation, in the form of a movie featuring an all new never before see Uma Musume, Jungle Pocket.

Damn, let me tell you, this is easily the best Uma Musume has ever looked. Road to the Top is impressive, no doubt, and it’s all thanks to one reason: Cygames themselves actually animated it. And wow, did they go all out. The key animation list for this movie is just mind-blowing in its size and quality. Cygames really assembled the Avengers of their department for this movie, and it shows. Seeing Saucelot work on a project like this is something I never thought I’d see, but here we are.

To me, the anime always looked decent. The first season was pretty, but seasons two and three felt like downgrades. This movie, though, is in a league of its own. It’s not even funny how much better it looks. You can clearly see that the gacha game money is boosting the budget for this movie, and I’m not complaining. Thanks to them, we get to see this beautiful masterpiece.

This being a new project for Uma Musume, there's a completely different cast, unlike any other with hardly any recurring characters. Even the beloved trainer we're used to is different this time. The spotlight is on the new character, Jungle Pocket, (or Pokke as they call her) and I have to admit, she's probably my favorite among all the main characters from Uma Musume so far. I love Special Week; she's my all-time favorite, but Pokke is really growing on me. The entire cast was a blast to watch imo. It's refreshing to have a completely new cast without any sprinkling of old characters. It's like a beginning of a new era you could say lol.

And let me tell you, the races in this movie are the most intense they've been so far... holy shit. I won't spoil too much, but just know that the final race is not only the most beautifully animated and directed race, but also the most hype and intense. The artwork, the BGM, the animation, everything about it was just perfection. I absolutely loved it.

Even as someone who isn't a big fan of Uma Musume, it saddens me to think this might not get licensed in the West. But if it does, please watch it. You don't even need to have seen the anime to enjoy this. It's easily one of the best anime movies I've watched, and I highly recommend it.
IzanaSolos said:
Damn, let me tell you, this is easily the best Uma Musume has ever looked.

Couldn't agree more! I just got back from watching the movie and it looked great! Jungle Pocket's POV shots definitely gave me the best impression of how it feels to be there in the moment about to Win/Lose etc.

I really enjoyed the movie, while I'm not fluent in Japanese I understood enough to get the gist of how the story played out. Definitely a fun movie and I also recommend it!
May 25, 8:35 AM

Dec 2014
The movie is amazing. I'm not even sure they'll be able to deliver such high quality content or something even better in the future, it just feels like a top point
May 25, 12:25 PM

Apr 2015
Any idea when we'll get this with subs?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 26, 4:19 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to Tropisch
Any idea when we'll get this with subs?
@Tropisch we might never get official en subs

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
May 28, 9:40 PM

Feb 2020
Well, that trailer already looked quite impressive. I can't wait to watch the actual movie.
Jul 4, 7:23 AM

Nov 2020
Blows every other uma musume entry out of the water. I thought this series peaked with cinderella grey and season 2 and holy was I wrong

More topics from this board

» English Subbed release date?

YuniVT - Jun 9

5 by Turntup1234 »»
Jul 21, 6:14 AM

» First 7 minutes of the movie released online for a month

Xanek - Jun 24

1 by Serafos »»
Jun 30, 7:33 AM

» New Characters/Cast Announced for Uma Musume Pretty Derby: Beginning of a New Era Movie ー Program MC: 斉藤慎二 (Saito Shinji) / Commentator: 山本昌広 (Yamamoto Masahiro) / Special Commentator: 大久保洋吉 (Okubo Yokichi)

Xanek - May 6

0 by Xanek »»
May 6, 6:06 AM

» New Movie Trailer & characters revealed during 5th live "New Gate"

Xanek - Mar 22

3 by Tropisch »»
Mar 22, 10:11 PM

» New character announced: Dantsu Flame

Xanek - Feb 22

0 by Xanek »»
Feb 22, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.